Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grohmann Engineering being acquired to help manufacture of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I briefly read Electrek's article on this. But does anyone know what tasks Grohmann has specifically been working on for the Model ≡? Or what Grohmann has done in the past that relates to it? I'm just curious if it'll give us any clues about features or design details for the car.

Here is a photo that I dont think I have seen of a 3 yet

upload_2016-11-8_8-33-14.png

I briefly read Electrek's article on this. But does anyone know what tasks Grohmann has specifically been working on for the Model ≡? Or what Grohmann has done in the past that relates to it? I'm just curious if it'll give us any clues about features or design details for the car.
And in addition, what other (non-Tesla) relationships Grohmann may have, who may have contractual obligations that extend for some time? Those could represent either unwanted baggage, or a competitive benefit (by taking a resource used by others off the table).

There is no Model 3 assembly line yet either ....
According to the Q3 letter last month:
For Model 3, we have completed production line layouts and will soon begin installation of new body welding and final assembly lines. We have established a world class team of suppliers for Model 3 production equipment and components and critical long lead time equipment and components have been sourced.

I wonder how many of Grohmann's contracts will be lost in this process. A manufacturer wouldn't want proprietary information in the hands of those designing machines for their own competition. If Tesla paid them in stock, maybe that changed the calculations though.

Congrats to Tesla and Grohmann!
My first thoughts were: "Prüm is very close to Belgium. A European "Fremont2" factory might come to Belgium, close to Tilburg assembly?

Grohmann will be responsible for the interior equipments of all future "machine-that-build-the-machine", I guess.
Elon bought 700 highly motivated mostly german people. The CEO himself will stay, so this is a win-win-win situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Sage