Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They printed my label on Thursday the 1st but as of today it hasn’t been received by USPS. They emailed me and said it should ship out this week, but USPS is closed now so I guess they missed that window.

In any event, it’s academic at this point - I’m pretty happy with my TapTes that I got before the price increase. Not sure what I’ll do with these yet. We’ll see.

They printed my label on Thursday the 1st but as of today it hasn’t been received by USPS. They emailed me and said it should ship out this week, but USPS is closed now so I guess they missed that window.

In any event, it’s academic at this point - I’m pretty happy with my TapTes that I got before the price increase. Not sure what I’ll do with these yet. We’ll see.

I’ve found, with USPS, that status updates are not timely. I’ve had instances where the stuff arrived before the system even showed it in the move.

Just received mine in the mail, yet to install. By the look of them, I'm glad I didn't pay more than $34.
Did anyone else have trouble with the slot for the metal bracket? Mine seems awful tight and that I will need to hammer it is to make it seat properly.

Just received mine in the mail, yet to install. By the look of them, I'm glad I didn't pay more than $34.
Did anyone else have trouble with the slot for the metal bracket? Mine seems awful tight and that I will need to hammer it is to make it seat properly.

They are pretty basic, but they do the job. Others (like that French name) are selling something similar for $150 :eek: I appreciate tsolutions offering a reasonably priced alternative. At the time of the group buy, our only choices were those $150 rip offs o_O, $180 CF rip offs o_O, or these :). For that reason, I organized the group buy. ;) There was a long lead time inexpensive Chinese molded flap emerging, but no one had yet received or reviewed them. :)

I installed my TSolutions flaps this afternoon. Overall, very easy and an excellent no-drill design. It took a bit of configuring to get them level, but all within the tolerances of the mounts. The 3M double stick tape is a key component and I was very careful to clean the paint on the car where they stick and to hold with a lot of pressure for at least 60 seconds. Time will tell how well they stick. It will be obvious if they do not.

They look really great, appear they will protect well and do not touch the paint on the side of the car (only within the wheel wells), which is exactly what I wanted. jebinc, thanks again for initiating this and thanks to Mike at TSolutions for offering the group buy on a great product!

They are pretty basic, but they do the job. Others (like that French name) are selling something similar for $150 :eek: I appreciate tsolutions offering a reasonably priced alternative. At the time of the group buy, our only choices were those $150 rip offs o_O, $180 CF rip offs o_O, or these :). For that reason, I organized the group buy. ;) There was a long lead time inexpensive Chinese molded flap emerging, but no one had yet received or reviewed them. :)

Yes, I appreciate them being first out of the gate. Ironically, I joined the group buy before I ordered the TapTes and I already have the TapTes installed. I'm not complaining, they did say they were overwhelmed with the orders and there would be a delay, but USPS from MD to NY is a day, and if it shipped out this week, it should arrive on Monday at the latest. Yes, the tracking could be delayed and it might still happen. Even if it doesn't, I'm not going to complain because I have a viable solution in the TapTes. I may switch to the flat ones during the snowy months as these molded ones might not be ideal for snow.

I installed my TSolutions flaps this afternoon. Overall, very easy and an excellent no-drill design. It took a bit of configuring to get them level, but all within the tolerances of the mounts. The 3M double stick tape is a key component and I was very careful to clean the paint on the car where they stick and to hold with a lot of pressure for at least 60 seconds. Time will tell how well they stick. It will be obvious if they do not.

They look really great, appear they will protect well and do not touch the paint on the side of the car (only within the wheel wells), which is exactly what I wanted. jebinc, thanks again for initiating this and thanks to Mike at TSolutions for offering the group buy on a great product!

Thank you for the review! Pictures? All we have is these flaps on MSM M3's! Yes, taking your time, following Tsolutions detail instructions (e.g., 60 seconds on the tape, etc.) is key to a successful install!

Yes, I appreciate them being first out of the gate. Ironically, I joined the group buy before I ordered the TapTes and I already have the TapTes installed. I'm not complaining, they did say they were overwhelmed with the orders and there would be a delay, but USPS from MD to NY is a day, and if it shipped out this week, it should arrive on Monday at the latest. Yes, the tracking could be delayed and it might still happen. Even if it doesn't, I'm not going to complain because I have a viable solution in the TapTes. I may switch to the flat ones during the snowy months as these molded ones might not be ideal for snow.

Agreed. I put on the Chinese ones for now as well (just to test them out), but definitely think the slick flat design will be much better when winter rolls around. The molded "Cup" design will accumulate snow, salt and road grit from salting.

Reactions: Kleenerth3

Following up with some pics:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 137
  • image.png
    image.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 97

Same situation here regarding potentially not shipped yet.

Looking good! Your thoughts on the install and product?

We now have red, white and MSM represented! :cool:

I was slightly concerned that the inner fender clips on the front set did not fit as tightly as the outer ones, but after I had them all glued down it seems to be fine.

Overall, they seem to work well and I think they look better than I thought they would after receiving the package. We’ll see how they hold up longer-term.

For the price, I’m happy.

Last edited: