Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot seem to seat the rear metal clips flush with the flap. When I try, I feel one side of the opening flex or buckle to make way. This doesn't seem right. Any guidance from those who have already installed them?
IMG_3552.jpg IMG_3554.jpg

I cannot seem to seat the rear metal clips flush with the flap. When I try, I feel one side of the opening flex or buckle to make way. This doesn't seem right. Any guidance from those who have already installed them?
View attachment 440876 View attachment 440877
Is that the look after you tightened down the lower bolt? Remember, the upper tape is only applied after the lower bolt and lower flap is secured. If you applied the tape before the lower bolt was tightened down you could get bowing, as I believe the instructions point out.

View attachment 440876 View attachment 440877

Mine is like that too but mud flaps are snug tight and I don't really care as it beneath the car and not visible..

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner
Received mine a few weeks ago and installed them a few days later. Install is straightforward but noticed driver side rear flap is not sticking anymore with the double sided tape. Tape is still stuck to the fender but unstuck from the flap. Should be an easy fix. Seems like the group buy is finally picking up steam. Guess he wasn't prepared for the "mass" orders. I'm still salty about the removal of free shipping after my order was placed though. If free shipping was included during the group buy setup, I think it's only fair to honor it to those who already placed orders in. At the price I paid, there was no difference compared to ordering through Amazon.

Received mine a few weeks ago and installed them a few days later. Install is straightforward but noticed driver side rear flap is not sticking anymore with the double sided tape. Tape is still stuck to the fender but unstuck from the flap. Should be an easy fix. Seems like the group buy is finally picking up steam. Guess he wasn't prepared for the "mass" orders. I'm still salty about the removal of free shipping after my order was placed though. If free shipping was included during the group buy setup, I think it's only fair to honor it to those who already placed orders in. At the price I paid, there was no difference compared to ordering through Amazon.

Confused about the shipping snafu. There's still free shipping. Why would it be removed from your order after you placed it?