Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
37D6F45F-C646-4B29-AFB6-340797CE0271.jpeg
7E6B3F9D-FCA6-4654-97B2-F1DAA468DED5.jpeg
Another picture or two...

I feel like it looks better when both of them are on...

View attachment 443887 How on earth do you get the rear ones on even remotely straight? About to give up.

It looks like the inner edge of the flap is pushed forward by the underside of the car’s aero. So the flaps are indeed flat, but the aero is messing up the visual aesthetic, which is driving me nuts. Same on both sides.

In addition, the tape is never going to hold on the rear. Not in a million years.

Mine look like yours - I don’t think you can get the edges “straight” on the rears but as you said, I think they look fine once both are installed.

You are right - the tape won’t hold on the rears. Mine stayed attached to the fender, but detached from the mudflap. I had another roll of the 3M super strong double sided tape and used another strip of the same length to re-attach (one side it stuck to old tape, other side to mudflap). Seems to be holding well after a few days.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Mine look like yours - I don’t think you can get the edges “straight” on the rears but as you said, I think they look fine once both are installed.

You are right - the tape won’t hold on the rears. Mine stayed attached to the fender, but detached from the mudflap. I had another roll of the 3M super strong double sided tape and used another strip of the same length to re-attach (one side it stuck to old tape, other side to mudflap). Seems to be holding well after a few days.

Thanks, I'll probably do the same when it comes off. Appreciate the info.

do yours look leveled when you look from behind?
Sorry for the slow reply. I finally remembered to step back and check after coming home from getting the tires rotated this morning. They do not look perfectly level from behind. The bottom edges form a broad ^. That is, they are a bit lower on the outside and higher toward the middle of the car.

Now that you made me look, I'll probably notice all the time!

Sorry for the slow reply. I finally remembered to step back and check after coming home from getting the tires rotated this morning. They do not look perfectly level from behind. The bottom edges form a broad ^. That is, they are a bit lower on the outside and higher toward the middle of the car.

Donuts? :D

Reactions: jebinc

@CharleyBC - I'm in SAC also and I can show you what the $18 eBay ones look like if you are ever interested.

Reactions: CharleyBC
Not happy.
Like others here I was not able to get my rear ones level. I checked this morning and both sets of tape have released. I was very particular about both the prep and the installation following the cleaning and hold instructions in particular.
You win some, you lose some.
I bought the eBay ones for my Wife's 3. I'll install those and see if they will be the way to go.

Not happy.
Like others here I was not able to get my rear ones level. I checked this morning and both sets of tape have released. I was very particular about both the prep and the installation following the cleaning and hold instructions in particular.
You win some, you lose some.
I bought the eBay ones for my Wife's 3. I'll install those and see if they will be the way to go.

Add another layer of double sided tape to the existing one. I had to do it and it seems to be holding in this configuration

Reactions: MacGreiner
Received mine a while ago, but only had a chance to install them over the weekend. I like the minimalist look and install was easy. However, as others have mentioned, the rears are not level and tape doesn't hold. But my biggest issue was the fronts. They are just too big/low hanging. I'm dropped only a modest 1" and they scrape my driveway like crazy. Measured the clearances, 5" in back and only 2" in front. Had to remove the fronts but left the rears on for now...not sure I'll keep them on. I'm definitely not going the molded flaps route though.

Received mine a while ago, but only had a chance to install them over the weekend. I like the minimalist look and install was easy. However, as others have mentioned, the rears are not level and tape doesn't hold. But my biggest issue was the fronts. They are just too big/low hanging. I'm dropped only a modest 1" and they scrape my driveway like crazy. Measured the clearances, 5" in back and only 2" in front. Had to remove the fronts but left the rears on for now...not sure I'll keep them on. I'm definitely not going the molded flaps route though.

Email Mike, he should send you the shorter front sets, and new pins (gratis).