Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh thanks! Yeah it's a lovely garage door for light, that's for sure. The sun hits that side of the house in the afternoon, which is perfect.

Are those garage door panels made of safety glass and does it weigh a lot more than a standard metal roll up garage door ?

There is a house about a mile from me that have the same garage doors and I have always admired it. Nice choice !!

Are those garage door panels made of safety glass and does it weigh a lot more than a standard metal roll up garage door ?

There is a house about a mile from me that have the same garage doors and I have always admired it. Nice choice !!

It definitely weighs some! Not sure how much. Not sure if safety glass (though assume so). House is pretty new and “came with it”.

PS: I can't imagine eating that bright blue donut. It violates the colors-not-found-in-nature rule of eating.

The Edible Blue Mushroom: Lactarius Indigo'

Lactarius indigo, commonly known as the indigo milk cap, the indigo (or blue) lactarius, or the blue milk mushroom

Screen+Shot+2018-05-18+at+1.36.09+PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC
Can anyone recommend what version of 3M double-sided to use to reattach these?

I removed all my tape as they were coming apart anyway. They seem to stay in place fine without tape, both front and rear. Give it a try.

Got the shorter front version (thanks Mike!) and it solved my driveway scraping problem. There's still a slight scrape with a full load of passengers though, but I can live with that.

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner
Can anyone recommend what version of 3M double-sided to use to reattach these?

I didn't use tape on mine, but every time I've had to attach something with double-sided tape on a car, I've used 3M Automotive Super Strength Molding Tape. I've never had anything fall off with that, despite being exposed to winter/summer/rain/snow/heat/sand/mud/you name it.

FYI.
Thanks Jebinc for organizing this buy.
I installed the tsolutions on my Model 3 and the eBay/Chinese version on my wife's.
I much prefer the eBay version, so I have ordered a second set to replace my original tsolution flaps. I just cannot keep them secured via the doublesided tape at the top of the rears and although Trump would diss me, I prefer the look and fit of the Chinese.
Like I said, in case anyone is interested in comparing the two, this is where I came out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
FYI.
I installed the tsolutions on my Model 3 and the eBay/Chinese version on my wife's.
I much prefer the eBay version, so I have ordered a second set to replace my original tsolution flaps. I just cannot keep them secured via the doublesided tape at the top of the rears and although Trump would diss me, I prefer the look and fit of the Chinese.
Like I said, in case anyone is interested in comparing the two, this is where I came out.

No worries, and thanks. I tried both sets as well, and currently have the Chinese ones installed - on top of PPF (needed, in my opinion). Mike sent me a shorter set of front flaps, which I'm grateful for. I might switch back to the Tsolutions flaps for winter as I think the cupped design of the Chinese ones may be problematic with heavy snow/slush packing them up, etc. The Tsolutions are better equipped for shedding snow than the Chinese ones - if we can get them to stay stuck on the car!

• Informative
Can somebody please post pics of the shorter version? Is it 1" shorter?

I have the earlier version, should I swap them out? Do the newer ones fit better?
It is one inch shorter. If you are not having driveway or speed bump issues, the longer length protects more of your paint than the shorter ones. As the saying goes, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it...”

Reactions: Trevor B
FYI.

As much as I thought the rears would break loose from the tape, they haven't yet. And they've been on a month now. I guess the key was warm temperature, and pressure on the tape for 60 seconds a side to fully bond it. If it comes loose, though, I have some stronger tape I can use.

As much as I thought the rears would break loose from the tape, they haven't yet. And they've been on a month now. I guess the key was warm temperature, and pressure on the tape for 60 seconds a side to fully bond it. If it comes loose, though, I have some stronger tape I can use.
Yes, Mike couldn’t emphasize enough in his instructions that a 60 second firm press is required for proper adhesion. The flaps should shed winter’s snow and grime well!

Reactions: WilliamG