Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guaranteed Delivery by 12/31?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go to tesla.com and try to place an order for a Model X, Model S, or a Model 3 it now says "Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit." That sounds like a very good sign that everyone with an existing order will get their vehicles before the end of the year.

Any guesses as to how late you can order a Model X and still get it delivered this year?

If you go to tesla.com and try to place an order for a Model X, Model S, or a Model 3 it now says "Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit." That sounds like a very good sign that everyone with an existing order will get their vehicles before the end of the year.

Any guesses as to how late you can order a Model X and still get it delivered this year?

So . . . I was talking to a couple of sales advisors at a local Supercharger Event and they told me that if I order an X by December 9, I will get it delivered by December 31. Not sure if that's the same everywhere - I'm in Northern California.

Reactions: RealDeal
Tesla now shows this on its website:

CD84B113-AFE8-4D12-829B-269CA38EC152.jpeg

I ordered a long range model x today at store in IL, blue with white interior, 6 seats and standard wheels. Was told they were not promising 12/31 delivery regardless of website statement to the contrary. Hmm... If it's not here by 12/31 they are going to need to find me $1,875....

I ordered a long range model x today at store in IL, blue with white interior, 6 seats and standard wheels. Was told they were not promising 12/31 delivery regardless of website statement to the contrary. Hmm... If it's not here by 12/31 they are going to need to find me $1,875....

Interesting...I ordered one on Wednesday, in part because of the guaranteed delivery before 12/31 that I saw on the website.

Tesla isn't super great on predicting the availability of units - they should wait to "quote" delivery dates based your configuration and location. (Even that might stretch it) but just saying 2-3 weeks like mine did when I ordered 10-14 and still haven't got a VIN is a bit misleading.