Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess what's going on my car when it's back from accident repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While waiting for my car to have the recent accident damage repaired, I've been planning and implementing the real full carbon fiber mod. The first step was ordering the new spoiler from EV Autosalon. It will ship in a few days. Here are a few photos emailed to me by Robert, the owner of the company who developed the spoiler. I ordered it because of all the spoilers I've seen I thought it was the best design aesthetically. From the photos the quality of the work appears to be outstanding and I can't wait to receive it.

CFSpoileredge_zps255af28d.jpg

CFspoilerEdge2_zps8f048948.jpg

CFspoileredge3_zps861afcbf.jpg

CFspoilers_zps637a5144.jpg

I also had a another nosecone covered in real carbon fiber and installed the prototype of the new lighted T on it. It will also be waiting for the repaired car to find its home. That's in hand now and ready to install so as soon as I can take some photos I'll post them.

Up next are the front and rear diffusers and right and left side strakes. All of these will be gloss carbon fiber. I will have the diffusers next week and the side strakes in about two weeks.

More photos coming when I have all of the pieces in hand and after they've been installed. That will be the first step I take when I get my car back from the shop in a few weeks.

Something fun to looks forward to. It will be like having a new car:)

Artsci you are at your best when waiting for your car. I remember the incredible amount of research and planning you put in while waiting for the original delivery - and we all benefit. All the research on the best product to protect the paint, for example. I still use and love Glare.

So here you are again, bored silly and working on all kinds of neat stuff for the car when it comes back. Your pain is our gain. BUT I'm still very, very sorry you have to go through all this.

Keep the faith!

Artsci - I hope you enjoy the spoiler. The spoiler coupled with the other carbon fiber pieces will make your Model S look amazing. I look forward to seeing pictures of the completed look.

It would be great if you could offer a deal to TMC members. I would consider front and rear diffusers and nosecone. I'm waiting for pics before I decide. Currently have a Matte Carbon fiber Spoiler that comes from Tesla. I like the look.

While waiting for my car to have the recent accident damage repaired, I've been planning and implementing the real full carbon fiber mod. The first step was ordering the new spoiler from EV Autosalon. It will ship in a few days. Here are a few photos emailed to me by Robert, the owner of the company who developed the spoiler. I ordered it because of all the spoilers I've seen I thought it was the best design aesthetically. From the photos the quality of the work appears to be outstanding and I can't wait to receive it.

View attachment 40172

View attachment 40173

View attachment 40174

View attachment 40175

I also had a another nosecone covered in real carbon fiber and installed the prototype of the new lighted T on it. It will also be waiting for the repaired car to find its home. That's in hand now and ready to install so as soon as I can take some photos I'll post them.

Up next are the front and rear diffusers and right and left side strakes. All of these will be gloss carbon fiber. I will have the diffusers next week and the side strakes in about two weeks.

More photos coming when I have all of the pieces in hand and after they've been installed. That will be the first step I take when I get my car back from the shop in a few weeks.

Something fun to looks forward to. It will be like having a new car:)

You are just on a mission to make sure I have no money left aren't you? :biggrin: that spoiler is a must have... where are you getting the rest of the work done?

You are just on a mission to make sure I have no money left aren't you? :biggrin: that spoiler is a must have... where are you getting the rest of the work done?

Yeah, I've stooped counting over fear of passing out when I see the total:)

The nose cone was arranged privately by one of my Model S friends. If he wants to make the company public that did the carbon fiber overlay/skin work on one of my spare nose cones, I'll post it here.

The same company is also doing the overlay work on the side strakes. I bought an extra set for the job. They're being worked on now. It takes about three weeks.

The diffusers are carbon fiber overlays made by ProjectTwoCustoms. I'm hoping they'll ship next week.

Remember I did the carbon fiber vinyl wraps on these parts first. While I was happy with the results, the edges were starting to come loose on the side strakes and front diffusers. Plus I wanted a gloss look which is not available in the wrap.

Yeah, I've stooped counting over fear of passing out when I see the total:)

The nose cone was arranged privately by one of my Model S friends. If he wants to make the company public that did the carbon fiber overlay/skin work on one of my spare nose cones, I'll post it here.

It takes about three weeks.

The diffusers are carbon fiber overlays made by ProjectTwoCustoms. I'm hoping they'll ship next week.

Glad you liked the nose cone, I am waiting for the updated T to install mine.
The company that did the work is carbon fiber element located in NJ. Check them out on facebook or their website carbonfiberelement.com the guy to speak with is Tony and he is a great guy to deal with. I can recommend him highly and I am very particular.

How much are the extra side pieces? Its the black under the doors right? Are they easy to take off, cause I want mine painted white to match the car

They were about $700 total if I remember correctly. I've been told that they're not difficult to remove but that some of the clips will likely break and need to be replaced. So I ordered extra clips.

Here are the part numbers for the strakes:

1016414-00-A - PLASTICS SUB ASY - ROCKER LH

1016412-00-A - PLASTICS SUB ASY - ROCKER RH
- - - Updated - - -

@artsci
I'm confused. I looked and looked but I couldn't see any powered gadgetry in the spoiler pictures. You're not putting sensors, cameras, microphones, etc. in the spoiler?

Just wait:tongue:

Did you crack it or is it a defect? Wouldn't this be a warranty repair?

Ranger was out yesterday to replace my driver side parking brake. It had a crack in the motor housing and allowed water to infiltrate - failed and stranded the car in the garage. It had been failing to disengage sporadically the last two weeks and I was in communication with the service center on the issue.

After the parking brake was fixed, we were standing at the rear of the car and he asked me if there were any other issues. I started to comment that TPMS has been problematic the last couple of weeks as well and all of sudden noticed two odd spots on the spoiler.

So, long winded story for defect. The issue is they only make them in a matte finish now versus gloss.

Here is a photo but it is really hard to see the two lines. You can catch the edge of them with your fingernail.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389461607.133255.jpg

Last edited: