Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had my Y for three months, five weeks in service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one that screwed up the car.
It’s irrelevant. Every service center (at least in SoCal) is incompetent. They are staffed by a bunch of clowns. The lady who dealt with my car at the Van Nuys location came straight from Walmart (her declaration). In other words.. the person who handles every vehicle intake used to work at a place that hires the worst of the worst. Not knocking anybody who works at Walmart.. but they aren’t hiring folks with the best résumé. They are hiring folks who will take the lowest salary. Just saying.
If this brand doesn’t vastly improve their customer service soon, a lot of people will not be buying a second (or third) Tesla. I absolutely hate Tesla customer service. The mobile tech showed up at my house literally stoned. Said he had “something in his eyes”..

Reactions: mohy_23
I've been waiting 3mos on a replacement part for my interior that was blemished on delivery. I'm literally on my 4th appointment for it...

First one had other things noted. the part didn't arrive in time so they created a new ticket just for that part. in the mean time I got homelink. again, they made another appointment since the part wasn't in. said someone put the order in wrong.

During the homelink install I noticed another defect (missing piece inside the frunk), so made a 3rd appointment.

Apparently the part showed up damaged so they made a 4th appointment.

I noted the issue way back in June. my current appointment is mid Sept. but I honestly think it'll be pushed out again for some BS reason.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It could be much much worse believe me. I regret buying my Model Y. One service center f'ed up my car. Bought the car on the 30th of March, took it in on the 26th of April to address delivery issues and received it back on the 1st of May with scratches, a door ding, dirty and damaged headliner and a damaged hood. It went back to the service center on the 4th of May and the service center refused to fix the hood blaming it on the power frunk opener that was fitted to the car.

Car was returned to a different service center with the damaged hood, more scratched paintwork and a scratched wheel cover on the 20th of May. Car went back for repairs on the 9th of June with the second service center actually trying to get the issues fixed. Hood was replaced and came back with a poor paint job, scratches on both fenders from a pi$$ poor polishing/buffing job and another door ding, on June the 25th. It was still waiting for parts and was scheduled to go back on July 12th to have the hood repainted and outstanding issues addressed.

Received a call from the body shop last week telling me that one of the doors need to be repainted and the other blended as the scratches were into the foundation and couldn't be buffed out. Got a call to go the service center on Thursday as the car was back from the body shop to inspect parts (headliner) to see if it was acceptable before it was installed. Found out that the hood was not repainted. The headliner wasn't acceptable so another is being ordered. It's now going to a different body shop to try and fix the crappy paint job. So for now I am the not so proud owner of a Tesla Model Y that has been f'ed really badly by sheer incompetence.

I've been more than patient with Tesla and I can no longer recommend them to anyone. A work colleague has decided that he won't be buying a Tesla after seeing my experience. By the way, the body shop that replaced the hood confirmed that the damage caused to the hood could never be caused by the power frunk opener.
How did you end up on this? I’m heading into a similar situation.