Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had you already driven a Tesla before you ordered M3?

Had you already experienced a Tesla vehicle before you put down your deposit?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not test driven a Tesla and I'd like to keep it that way before the Model 3.

I don't want to take the chance, if Tesla doesn't offer a performance version of the Model 3, that I'd be spoiled on the Model S P90DL which I can't possibly afford in this lifetime.

While I haven't driven one, I have "experienced" my friends Model S a couple times. I've purposely avoided driving one myself as I have some expensive home repairs that need to be done first, and I knew if I drove one it would be very hard to resist the temptation to buy one now.

Since I decided to delay my purchase until next year, I decided to put money down sight-unseen on the 3 so I would have that as an option. I liked what I saw, so am currently leaning towards a tricked out 3 instead of a 70D with a couple options.

Reactions: ElectroFroggy
Haven't driven a Tesla, like others I'm scared to test drive one and be so in love with it I blow my family's budget up to try to make it work. I'm driving a Leaf now, so though not the same as a Tesla obviously, I at least know what I'm getting into somewhat with EV experience.

Test drove a 90D Model S on my birthday, which was in February. Reserved a Model 3 in April following reveal. Got to punch the S a couple of times and each one left that famous "Tesla grin" on my face. And had my wife giggling like a schoolgirl. Got to try Autopilot and Summon. Nice features. I love the S but it's out of my budget. I also like the smaller size of the Model 3; it's about the same size sedan as what I drive now, a Sonata Hybrid. Even the hybrid has spoiled me against straight ICE cars...never again. BEV is the way to go.

If Model 3 has any shred of Model S DNA it's gonna be a great car. I think even the base 3 will be so.

As an under 25 we were not allowed to take an S out for a drive so had a family friend take us out instead.

The car takes a while to get used to, given the immediate power and lack of breaking. It's hard to remember not to take your foot off the gas when you want to cruise at the same speed, like you would in a manual car, but with practice @flamingoezz it's pretty easy and very smooth!

I have not driven a Tesla. But I am driving an EV now so I have an idea of what I am going to be getting.

I would encourage anyone who has never driven an EV to test drive one (of any flavor), as one pedal driving is very different than a normal ICE car, and not everyone likes it.
My understanding was that the model S had an update where you could get the car to drive like a normal car, coasting when you take your foot off the accelerator. Is that true and did people use it?

My understanding was that the model S had an update where you could get the car to drive like a normal car, coasting when you take your foot off the accelerator. Is that true and did people use it?

It does have a mode where you can turn down regen to drive more like a normal car, however you give up the extra efficiency in that mode since Model S's don't have regen when using the brake pedal.

Reactions: slipnslider
While I haven't driven one, I have "experienced" my friends Model S a couple times. I've purposely avoided driving one myself as I have some expensive home repairs that need to be done first, and I knew if I drove one it would be very hard to resist the temptation to buy one now.

Since I decided to delay my purchase until next year, I decided to put money down sight-unseen on the 3 so I would have that as an option. I liked what I saw, so am currently leaning towards a tricked out 3 instead of a 70D with a couple options.

This is in line with what I heard at local store. A lot of folks have been coming in wanting to test drive Model 3 (i.e. new to Tesla, weren't even aware of the wait time), and ended up buying a 70KWh Model S instead.