TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hair and scratches in the hood of newly delivered Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hulk2k17, Sep 11, 2017.

1. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

I took delivery this past Saturday and took it to have tint and clear bra applied today, 9/11. The clear bra shop noticed two significant defects:

1) A hair stuck in the clear coat - image1.jpg

2) 10-15 wet sand scratches - image2.jpg and image3.jpg

I notified my DS, the local service center, and submitted an issue in My Tesla. I expect this to be fully covered since it's defective workmanship and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

2. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Having to have a brand new car's hood repainted really sucks.

3. Max*

Max* Charging

Hair and scratches? I'd check for blood too ;)

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.26

There was a minor clear coat issue with my hatch. They took care of replacing it and provided a loaner while the hatch was being replaced.