Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hands free working on FSD 2022.45.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I have not seen discussion about this but my 2018, version 3.0 FSD computer running the latest beta allowed me to drive from Supercharger to Supercharger yesterday evening without touching the controls. Perhaps people know more about this, but I was trying to see how long it would go without nagging, and as long as I kept my eyes movin between the rearview mirrors, it never snagged me in tens of miles.

Has anyone else seen this?

After the sun came up this morning, I tried it again, and it still worked great. But when the sun got bright, and I put on sunglasses I went back to having to keep a hand on the wheel. I am not sure if it’s related to the sunglasses or geolocation or my reactions as the day progressed.

Here is a dumb video I did last night just to prove it worked hands-free over almost 10 minutes

• Informative
Reactions: mgs333
I've seen other posts on here where they said they were able to go for significant distances similar to you without touching the wheel. Genie also has a good point, but it is also odd that the sunglasses seemed to make the car nag, likely just a coincidence.