Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny you should say this. I ordered the 6.86" display from aliexpress last month (opted to not get the camera so the install was easier). The product advertises OTA updates and I didn't get any instructions on how to get updates so I reached out to the seller to ask how I can get them. They replied "The manufacturer said that promotion does not mean that the upgrade has already been launched. We need to wait for the final testing by the engineering department before notifying the customer of the update. Expected 6.86 inch new product with Carplay in August". The chat in aliexpress says it was translated from Chinese so I'm not clear on if that means the device can be updated to have carplay or if they are launching an entirely new product with carplay. Either way it seems like we'll know that pretty soon if that August timeline is accurate.
Do you have a link to the one you ordered? is it this one? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805479709469.html

Hm, I guess good luck to both you and me. Kind of weird that it worked right after the update but then the orientation changed and stuck by itself. I also used 3 brand new 16 GB usb drives when I installed mine. I'll report back if it happens to mine so they know it is a widespread problem. Hopefully, they can find a way to fix yours soon. Btw, I think the files I installed were 7-17-23.
I haven't encountered any issue after the update. The new UIs are really much better than the old ones. However, I noticed the function of the blind spot indicator no longer works (it doesn't blink red if I turn on the left or right turn signal when there is a vehicle next to me and the Tesla screen is blinking red)

I haven't encountered any issue after the update. The new UIs are really much better than the old ones. However, I noticed the function of the blind spot indicator no longer works (it doesn't blink red if I turn on the left or right turn signal when there is a vehicle next to me and the Tesla screen is blinking red)
The blind spot indicator has been working for me although it would be nice if the red flashing was bolder and if there was an audible alert with it as well.

also noticed that the price has dropped even more on these units- Hannshow has them for around $200 after discounts. aliExpress even lower.

The blind spot indicator has been working for me although it would be nice if the red flashing was bolder and if there was an audible alert with it as well.

also noticed that the price has dropped even more on these units- Hannshow has them for around $200 after discounts. aliExpress even lower.

I contacted Hansshow and they sent me the 7/27 file and it fixed the blind spot indicator. I was using the 7/17 file.

Contact them using Whatsapp: +86 130 4421 9654

The camera image is great. I didn’t like that you have to manually activate the camera every time to use it. Wish it was sensor/proximity activated like the 10.25” is
Yeah im ok with the manual activation of the front camera to use it because I can imagine if you were waiting at a traffic light or in bumper to bumper traffic that the camera would always activate and you can't see your normal dashboard with all the useful information. How well did the 10.25 inch front camera/sensor activate? Was it too sensitive or not sensitive enough? I only need it when I am going to park in a parking lot and not have it activate at each stop that I have. In addition to the front camera the blind spot warning feature is also a cool addition to this display as well.

Its a bummer that I just got the 5.16" screen like 4 months ago otherwise I would just hope on this. Did they enable the OTA update feature yet or is that feature still disabled? I think part of my reason is that I wish they could just come up with a new product with the same features and bump this near an 8 inch screen and then I would really consider upgrading it now since that would justify jumping to a new product for 3 more inches of screen real estate.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but Hansshow is now offering the h6 mini display with Android Auto and Apple Car Play support.

71495906643__8065A114-9784-4FB5-906E-381C0A60B7CE.jpg