Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was no firmware identifier as I recall. I installed the update 1 through 3 from Hansshow website and the dashboard layout has improved. It took close to 30 minutes to go through those updates. The latest update is from around August
On the website, the Google Drive link has a folder name with a date on it like 20230727 that represents July 27th 2023.

Reactions: shadab
Frankly I wouldn't go with Hansshow. Customer support is really bad and there are lots of complaints online.

I just ordered the display and they sent me the wrong version without touch and carplay even though they stated "every H6 after august 20th has carplay" then stated it also has touch. It implied I should order with confidence. Thankfully I got that on email, checked the SKU on the box (which matches no carplay) before installing, and paid via paypal.

Personally I'm going to wait and see if teslogic comes out with a wireless camera. I trust that company far more and can make do until then even if it's not ideal.
just curious, where/how do you check which version it is using SKU #?

Looking at the other seller that sells the CarPlay touch screen, it looks like it adds to the price over the original version. I honestly don’t see myself using CarPlay on that small screen so it doesn’t seem with getting to me.
This is why I went ahead and got the release prior to the one with CarPlay. The screen is not much bigger than an iPhone, and the only thing I would want to run through CarPlay would be Waze. I already run it on my phone with a MagSafe mount.

I do like the added information the screen gives you. Yesterday my tire pressure dropped due to the temperature changes and the screen alerted me with a yellow alert.

Very happy with my purchase. It does exactly what I want it to do.

Reactions: erik23
This is why I went ahead and got the release prior to the one with CarPlay. The screen is not much bigger than an iPhone, and the only thing I would want to run through CarPlay would be Waze. I already run it on my phone with a MagSafe mount.

I do like the added information the screen gives you. Yesterday my tire pressure dropped due to the temperature changes and the screen alerted me with a yellow alert.

Very happy with my purchase. It does exactly what I want it to do.
I dig mine as well, just wish for a few changes: Wish the passenger airbag light would turn off (If Tesla's screen doesn't have to remind me 24/7 then neither does this diaplay); don't need the brake-issue sign to pop up everytime the brakes are applied (between the regenarative braking bar and the display showing me illuminated brake lights the icon is not needed); wish the system was smart enough to know there is no camera attached (self explanatory); wish the steering wheel controls were changed/made more difficult so that the cruise control speed doesn't change the screens display (everytime I have cruise control engaged if I need to increase/decrease the speed the display will change as it's tied to the right scroll wheel). Please change these @Hansshow

Last edited:
Reactions: flai54
I dig mine as well, just wish for a few changes: Wish the passenger airbag light would turn off (If Tesla's screen doesn't have to remind me 24/7 then neither does this diaplay); don't need the brake-issue sign to pop up everytime the brakes are applied (between the regenarative braking bar and the display showing me illuminated brake lights the icon is not needed); wish the system was smart enough to know there is no camera attached (self explanatory); wish the steering wheel controls were changed/made more difficult so that the cruise control speed doesn't change the screens display (everytime I have cruise control engaged if I need to increase/decrease the speed the display will change as it's tied to the right scroll wheel). Please change these @Hansshow
We appreciate all feedback. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I always wonder if Tesla can use the display as an excuse to void warranty since this device is electronic and the whole damn car is electronic...
Not sure, but here’s the thing- it is as if Tesla is helping to make these 3rd party add ons easier to put into the car, almost like they are promoting it. On the newer models, they moved the OBD port from a difficult to access area in the passenger footwell to a very easy to access spot just in front of the front passenger door frame. It made for an easy install that took very little time comparatively speaking.

Not sure, but here’s the thing- it is as if Tesla is helping to make these 3rd party add ons easier to put into the car, almost like they are promoting it. On the newer models, they moved the OBD port from a difficult to access area in the passenger footwell to a very easy to access spot just in front of the front passenger door frame. It made for an easy install that took very little time comparatively speaking.
Same with the rear display. There is a plug right there, open.

Passenger footwell location for old intel car was the plug into the computer, third party used a bypass to get the info from the computer. Not intended for third party devices. And OBD port (On-Board Diagnostics) in the passenger door frame is for service dept to diagnose the possible issue with the car (not intended for third party devices). Those need to be easily accessible. In other cars, those OBD ports are visible/accessible without taking things apart from the car. In that sense, Telsa is making it more diffcult, not easier than other car brands.

just curious, where/how do you check which version it is using SKU #?
Hi there, it was on the sticker label on the black box package itself.

If you mean on the website itself it indicates on the order page.

20230917_190435_lmc_8.4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I meant, how do you know from that label in your picture that it is not a touch screen/car play version? Do you have the picture of SKU #/label for touch screen/car play version?
I have to log onto my personal computer to show the photo but there is manufacturer sticker on the bottom of the panel. IIRC mine showed June 2023 but definitely not August 2023. Also it got lost in translation but they are basically saying that every item with a manufacturer's date AFTER or ON August 21st 2023 is a touch screen. If your manufacturer date showed either August 2023 or after you may be in luck.

That aside there is no reliable way to differentiate between the two and you have to go through the process of installing it or at the very least hooking it up to the console and power to see if there's touch.

I would normally say confirm with them but that's what I did and I had to return mine because it definitely wasn't car play based on the website change, pricing, SKU, Manufacturing date and response.

Reactions: reefer333_
I have to log onto my personal computer to show the photo but there is manufacturer sticker on the bottom of the panel. IIRC mine showed June 2023 but definitely not August 2023. Also it got lost in translation but they are basically saying that every item with a manufacturer's date AFTER or ON August 21st 2023 is a touch screen. If your manufacturer date showed either August 2023 or after you may be in luck.

That aside there is no reliable way to differentiate between the two and you have to go through the process of installing it or at the very least hooking it up to the console and power to see if there's touch.

I would normally say confirm with them but that's what I did and I had to return mine because it definitely wasn't car play based on the website change, pricing, SKU, Manufacturing date and response.
Interesting that they are selling it with a touch screen at the same price point? I would have expected a price increase for the touch screen variant. I am not sure if I trust them on that yet. Is there like a restocking fee to return the product?

On the Hansshow website it says the SKU is 10H00066 (wonder if it is a typo since your screenshot above has 10H00065) for the non-touch screen version with front camera priced at $254.00 and an unknown SKU for the touch screen version with front camera priced at $367.00.

Does anyone know where I can buy the carplay/AA version ?
It's not listed on their website.
Please see my post below about the product by TMA for the carplay/AA version. Also the post has 2 Youtube videos of people reviewing that TMA 6.86 inch carplay/AA product.

....and now Hansshow has a new version posted to their website. It has a new UI which seems much cleaner and closer to the Tesla GUI. There is no longer an option without CarPlay or without the camera. I'd love to see a video of this in action. I'd also love to see a version without the goofy startup animation but I think we can remove that with some hacking if/when they post a new version of the software to their website.

Tesla Model 3/Y F68 Carplay Dashboard Touch Screen 6.86" Display