Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a newer one from Hansshow. It has thicker cables to the sub (but the rear shelf speakers are still reversed!). I suspect the issue relates to the car not being completely off when I did the work. So I hope it goes away soon.

I ordered a newer one from Hansshow. It has thicker cables to the sub (but the rear shelf speakers are still reversed!). I suspect the issue relates to the car not being completely off when I did the work. So I hope it goes away soon.

Version E harness uses 14awg power and ground instead of 16awg. They could have sent you that?

For the error message try the hard reset by disconnecting the 12V and the penthouse battery as per the instructions by Mountain Pass Performance.

Version E harness uses 14awg power and ground instead of 16awg. They could have sent you that?

For the error message try the hard reset by disconnecting the 12V and the penthouse battery as per the instructions by Mountain Pass Performance.

It's possible - but it seems to plug into my DSP and work as expected - so I guess it is ok?

Thanks - I'll try a hard reset at some point (I've heard it works, but I didn't know of a good tutorial for doing it).

The hard reset removed the error. I think for future installers, just do that too (with the install occurring in-between the hard reset).

Now that I've done the install twice, it doesn't take more than about 1.5 hours to do it all now.

I received and finished installing version B today. Install was ok and overall sounds pretty good.

Just a couple of issues worth pointing out.

1. After installing, my rear right passenger door tweeter has some quiet static coming through. It’s only noticeable in a quiet environment. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great!

2. The back 2 speaker fades are still reversed. Will fix that when I have time.

I’m also curious on what subwoofer settings you guys have. I’m still in the process of adjusting it.

Overall the installation did improve sound quality, still looking to adjust some settings in the DSP program. Will update when I manage to fine tune things.

I received and finished installing version B today. Install was ok and overall sounds pretty good.

Just a couple of issues worth pointing out.

1. After installing, my rear right passenger door tweeter has some quiet static coming through. It’s only noticeable in a quiet environment. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great!

2. The back 2 speaker fades are still reversed. Will fix that when I have time.

I’m also curious on what subwoofer settings you guys have. I’m still in the process of adjusting it.

Overall the installation did improve sound quality, still looking to adjust some settings in the DSP program. Will update when I manage to fine tune things.

Search through this thread for posts from kingng3 and myself ... I think we've been the two discussing version B issues/settings the most. I posted my DSP settings file a few days ago.

So, 7 days ago I installed the Ver. A. I wasn't happy with the performance of the the sub. I have a 10" JL Audio 10W3 on a custom fiberglass enclosure on my previous car. I was looking for enclosure the would fit the sub-trunk. I couldn't find one that would fit, it's either the enclosures is a tad bit taller or it would fit but the sub won't fit inside the enclosure.

This afternoon I installed a 10" Pioneer TS-A2500LB shallow mount pre-loaded enclosure. It's lighter than the Hansshow sub and fits nicely in the sub-trunk. I used a LOC instead of high level speaker input of the amp. I was going to mount the amp and LOC next to the sub but I went this route for cleaner look. I used the factory plastic cover to mount the hardwares.

The bass production is now true. It's sounds tight and compressed. I didn't expect a shallow sub could hit so hard. At 60% volume, the rear view mirror is shaking (I don't listen pass 50%. Only did it to test clipping and distortion). It is now complete and I'm really happy with the outcome. If I would have do it again. I would get just the DIY harness and install my own sub and enclosure.

Attachments

• 20201215_193232.jpg
    20201215_193232.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • 20201215_192316.jpg
    20201215_192316.jpg
    843.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20201215_143903.jpg
    20201215_143903.jpg
    946.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20201215_143935.jpg
    20201215_143935.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20201215_182305.jpg
    20201215_182305.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 117
You've got 14awg power and ground wires on yours? My version E harness has 16awg. It's one of the prickly points for me about the upgrade, and I ended up buying some heavier wire to run back to the sub.

I honestly thought about upgrading my gauge to power and ground as well but why bother when you know Hansshow is clearly lying about the output. This is true because the subwoofer amplifier only uses a 15amp fuse!!!

Currently the Hanshow shows these specs:

8 inches Subwoofer features:

Casing Aluminium Alloy
Dimension 240*325*70
Supply Voltage 11~15 DC
Power output 2Ohm RMS 200W
Power output 2Ohm PMPO 400W

15AMP fuse x 15 volts DC = 225w
A majority of amp manufacturers inflate their numbers. Hanshow may just copy and paste the specs provided by the supplier of the amp.

Currently the Hanshow shows these specs:

8 inches Subwoofer features:

Casing Aluminium Alloy
Dimension 240*325*70
Supply Voltage 11~15 DC
Power output 2Ohm RMS 200W
Power output 2Ohm PMPO 400W

15AMP fuse x 15 volts DC = 225w
A majority of amp manufacturers inflate their numbers. Hanshow may just copy and paste the specs provided by the supplier of the amp.

I think you failed to mention that class AB amps are only 50% efficient and at best 60% efficient. The output is really 125W max RMS.

Reactions: Kali_3
I think you failed to mention that class AB amps are only 50% efficient and at best 60% efficient. The output is really 125W max RMS.

I suspect it's drawing less than that, honestly. If they shipped harnesses feeding it with a 16awg power wire, I wouldn't expect it to draw more than 10 amps. Though part of me is wondering if they simply assumed that most people would keep the volume turned down enough that it wouldn't draw at capacity...