TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by InfinitySky, Oct 7, 2020.

1. badiban

badiban Member

Congrats on the new ride! I took delivery of my car in December 2019. Yours is a 2021 model, I assume. Hansshow stated they’ll come out with a version of the harness for the 2021 models as the wiring is a little different.

2. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

The rear speakers were removed a long long time ago. 2021's don't have the tweeter connectors anymore.

3. beachsideev

beachsideev Member

Seems like the diy harness would is of less value in newer cars. :(

I personally wouldn't bother if it only enabled 2 speakers.

4. john94si

john94si Member

you mean the one under the glovebox? Ive heard you have to tell support at hanshow that and they have another solution.

5. sa012

sa012 Member

Loving the DIY harness in my August 2019 SR+ . Definitely has a fuller sound with tweeters and rear speakers activated. No issues with the left/right balance either. Purchased the harness October 2020.

Only thing I noticed and I don't know if it is from the harness or I just never noticed before I installed it, that the volume level decreases when you open the doors. Not a big deal but was just curious if someone knew. PS Sorry if this was already mention in thread...might of missed it.

• Like x 1
  6. badiban

badiban Member

This is actually a feature the car has had for a while now. As far as I know, there isn't a way to turn it off. The audio keeps playing when you open the doors, but it turns the volume way down. I think the idea is so that when you open your door, it's not blasting Taylor Swift in the Wal-Mart parking lot ;)

• Funny x 1
  7. davewill

davewill Active Member

Yeah, it always did that.

8. badiban

badiban Member

Just did some further testing with my DIY kit and the rear parcel shelf IS reversed. Does anyone have the guide on how to fix it?

9. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

Swap the wires from the cable connector on Hansshow's side

10. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

Not always but a software update shortly after V10 came into effect. Those of us on V9 never had all these features.

11. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

What's wrong with a little Tay-Tay?

12. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

Best way to test is either emissions mode or Netflix movie and see if the plane sounds go left to right or right to left.

My buddy's car was reversed and while watching fast and furious the sound went opposite of the cars!

13. badiban

badiban Member

Nothing at all :)

Ugh, so irritating! Do you know when your friend installed his? Hansshow guaranteed me this issue was fixed before I ordered, and I'm really ticked that it's still a problem even though they've known it's an issue for months! They sent me the guide on how to fix it. Should have kept my expectations low since it's a Hansshow product :(

14. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

We installed in November. We were the beta testers to our delight. The publications in future installation pamphlets were me pics stolen from my threads.

15. MoeMoneyM3

MoeMoneyM3 Member

has anyone successfully installed a revamped version of the hansshow DIY $80 for the 2021 Model 3? Sorry I'm v confused with the seller they said they're going to send me a newer version of the kit?

16. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

IMHO just buy the Tesla Offer harness where they connect to the B pillar instead. No issues with fade and balance and they use good quality crossovers.

Model 3 SR+ Speaker Activation – Tesla Offer

17. badiban

badiban Member

Does the TeslaOffer harness have a crossover? I think the one benefit the Hansshow harness has is the crossover. TeslaOffer says it connects everything in parallel, higher risk of overloading the amp, whereas Hansshow says theirs doesn’t change the impedance of the amp.

18. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

The impedance claim is just that...a claim. At least there's no thread about problems/issues with the TeslaOffer harness.

• Like x 2
  19. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

Not sure if you want to believe in Hansshow's marketing. YMMV. If you want to just activate your speakers then the Tesla Offer harness is better. Ask @todd2fst4u why he uses their harness for his modified harness with OEM sub.

• Like x 1
  20. badiban

badiban Member

Out of curiosity, which harness kit do you have installed in your car? If it’s the Hansshow, do you plan to change it to the TeslaOffer one?