Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Version E of the Hansshow kit. I have a 2019 SR+ with the rear factory speakers already installed. I asked Hansshow today if I need to install the two new rear speakers that came with the kit and they said yes, you need to install the two speakers and that the effect is better. In looking online, it looks painful to try and access the rear shelf. I really don't want to have to put these in. I had ordered the kit based on the version from a few weeks ago and they told me this was the new kit and everything should be good.

Hope to not have any issues with this!!
Hi, could please check if your wire is like mine?
Please read mi post #387 (10 post up).
Waiting for your reply

Reactions: geen
Hi, could please check if your wire is like mine?
Please read mi post #387 (10 post up).
Waiting for your reply

Mine are different. I have version E as well and it came with the two rear speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_085013.jpg
    IMG_20201113_085013.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20201113_085034.jpg
    IMG_20201113_085034.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 80
Replacing the rear speakers seems like diminishing returns to me. It also seems like a lot of work. If the wiring harness works with the existing rear speakers, I'd try that first.

My 2 cents. But I'm generally lazy.

I am lazy as well and don't want to have to rip the rear shelf off. It looks like the harness has a plug that will plug into the rear speakers already. I feel for the people who don't have the shelf speakers in and want to put the aftermarket ones in that come with the version E kit.

I just received my Version E of the Hansshow kit. I have a 2019 SR+ with the rear factory speakers already installed. I asked Hansshow today if I need to install the two new rear speakers that came with the kit and they said yes, you need to install the two speakers and that the effect is better. In looking online, it looks painful to try and access the rear shelf. I really don't want to have to put these in. I had ordered the kit based on the version from a few weeks ago and they told me this was the new kit and everything should be good.

Hope to not have any issues with this!!

The standard 4" speakers are not that high quality. Typical OEM automotive paper speakers.

2 rear speaker seem a bit small compared to original ones, still deciding which ones i want to keep, not huge difference in size but i noticed it right away

Attachments

• PXL_20201113_192730298.jpg
    PXL_20201113_192730298.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20201113_192721047.jpg
    PXL_20201113_192721047.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 101
2 rear speaker seem a bit small compared to original ones, still deciding which ones i want to keep, not huge difference in size but i noticed it right away

How did you get your parcel shelf off? I haven't found much information for this, which is why I am opting out to put the new speakers in. I am curious though if you can activate the factory speakers and add the new ones as well? Would that be too much?

See pages 10&11 on this thread. I have some videos on YouTube that are linked on how to remove the shelf and install speakers to the rear deck that do not have speakers. It should be a good guide to swap out the Hansshow provided rear speakers as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alien8er
How did you get your parcel shelf off? I haven't found much information for this, which is why I am opting out to put the new speakers in. I am curious though if you can activate the factory speakers and add the new ones as well? Would that be too much?

you have to remove the panel on the side windows next to the shelf, its not hard just tedious. that shelf you see is an extra one i bought because mine did not come with speakers, so just gonna swap it off

Reactions: Alien8er
Alright so I got the new version E that has the 31 channel DSP plus the 8 inch amp with the built in amplifier. I want to be a believer that this will work well so I am going to list out the issues I've experienced and give Hansshow a chance to rectify. Given that it's the weekend in China and I know others have gotten this kit I am posting this based on my experience with a note that I am reaching out to Hansshow to see if there is a way to rectify a few things.

The install itself was fairly smooth. There were some issues with image quality on the instructions I received from Hansshow when it came to the driver side. The purple and black cable (see attached) was what I unplugged and with that the speakers on the door and A pillar were working. No I don't have a P3 version. I installed some aftermarket dead/pedals.

I also used the post next to the penthouse power to connect the ground. I followed instructions from Mountain Pass Performance to first disconnect full power to the car. Once everything was connected I powered everything back up and lo and behold....I was fairly underwhelmed. The bass output was heavily reduced. I know that there is a .EXE file available to adjust the DSP. I have not done that yet. This is right out of the box. I spent some time fiddling with the amp and DSP and cables to make sure everything was correct. One thing I found during my install was that due to how tight the first connection to the factory amp is, I didn't have the clip in all the way. Make sure you hear it click to ensure a solid connection. After that I started to run some audio hertz tests on youtube through the car. The bass all of a sudden came alive. It was then I realized the audio settings in the car were mainly for the phone/streaming/spotify options. Youtube had it's own audio that I couldn't access, but it sounded great. I went back to the audio settings in the car and while listening to some bass music started playing with the fader and balance controls.

When I moved the fader to the front all of a sudden the sub came alive. Moving the fader and balance around the front really activated the bass and new sub, but the newly activated door and A pillar speakers weren't on when I slid the fader all the way forward. Moving it all the way to the back activates all the speakers with full treble! Moving it left activates the right speakers and moving to the left activates the right. Things are backwards. If you mess around with the settings you can get some ok sound. Now given the fact I paid a higher price for this, which included rear speakers (Fyi the harness will activate the rear shelf speakers), I am having troubles justifying the quality issues I've discovered so far.

1. Fader and balance are reversed.
2. This affects any movie audio or songs that have effects from front to back or left to right.
3. Turning on your signal, with Joe mode enabled is LOUD, even at low volume.
I will keep the speakers in for a bit to see how it is and to give Hansshow a chance to try and resolve. I will post any updates I get back in case anyone else is looking at this system based on this thread. I hope that anyone else installing will post their experience so that we can compare notes.

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_164934_1.jpg
    IMG_20201113_164934_1.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 99
My car already has stock rear speakers so I ordered version E without the two rear speakers.
Honestly I don’t think it’s worth install their speakers if your car already has
See pages 10&11 on this thread. I have some videos on YouTube that are linked on how to remove the shelf and install speakers to the rear deck that do not have speakers. It should be a good guide to swap out the Hansshow provided rear speakers as well.
Can I just pry and lift the big grill covering the two OEM speakers, unscrew and unplug them from their brackets then plug the Hansshow rear speakers and put them in place ?

Alright so I got the new version E that has the 31 channel DSP plus the 8 inch amp with the built in amplifier. I want to be a believer that this will work well so I am going to list out the issues I've experienced and give Hansshow a chance to rectify. Given that it's the weekend in China and I know others have gotten this kit I am posting this based on my experience with a note that I am reaching out to Hansshow to see if there is a way to rectify a few things.

The install itself was fairly smooth. There were some issues with image quality on the instructions I received from Hansshow when it came to the driver side. The purple and black cable (see attached) was what I unplugged and with that the speakers on the door and A pillar were working. No I don't have a P3 version. I installed some aftermarket dead/pedals.

I also used the post next to the penthouse power to connect the ground. I followed instructions from Mountain Pass Performance to first disconnect full power to the car. Once everything was connected I powered everything back up and lo and behold....I was fairly underwhelmed. The bass output was heavily reduced. I know that there is a .EXE file available to adjust the DSP. I have not done that yet. This is right out of the box. I spent some time fiddling with the amp and DSP and cables to make sure everything was correct. One thing I found during my install was that due to how tight the first connection to the factory amp is, I didn't have the clip in all the way. Make sure you hear it click to ensure a solid connection. After that I started to run some audio hertz tests on youtube through the car. The bass all of a sudden came alive. It was then I realized the audio settings in the car were mainly for the phone/streaming/spotify options. Youtube had it's own audio that I couldn't access, but it sounded great. I went back to the audio settings in the car and while listening to some bass music started playing with the fader and balance controls.

When I moved the fader to the front all of a sudden the sub came alive. Moving the fader and balance around the front really activated the bass and new sub, but the newly activated door and A pillar speakers weren't on when I slid the fader all the way forward. Moving it all the way to the back activates all the speakers with full treble! Moving it left activates the right speakers and moving to the left activates the right. Things are backwards. If you mess around with the settings you can get some ok sound. Now given the fact I paid a higher price for this, which included rear speakers (Fyi the harness will activate the rear shelf speakers), I am having troubles justifying the quality issues I've discovered so far.

2. This affects any movie audio or songs that have effects from front to back or left to right.
I will keep the speakers in for a bit to see how it is and to give Hansshow a chance to try and resolve. I will post any updates I get back in case anyone else is looking at this system based on this thread. I hope that anyone else installing will post their experience so that we can compare notes.
Can you take the picture showing which post you grounded? I see on the Hansshow picture there are two posts next to the power.
Also how did you connect the harness to the new rear speakers? How did you install the new rear speakers in place of the OEM? Thanks

Hmm, I wonder if they can actually fix this in the DSP with software, or if it's a physical wiring problem. Maybe swapping the pins around on the harnesses will un-reverse it all. Hopefully they have a fix! Thanks for the information/review.

Update.....

OK, front sound issue resolved (firmware update to DSP) AND ALL I CAN SAY IS... WOW!!

First off, the guys at Hansshow were tireless in their assistance, day and night. I woke them up, they woke me up and never stopped until I was happy. The final sound product is nothing short of amazing. I play my music rather loud and the highs are crisp and the new sub thumps my back through the seats. A song like Bohemian Rhapsody really shows it off. Even my wife was impressed which is not an easy task. All I can say is that is worth every penny. My son has an M3 AWD with the full premium sound system and mine blows it away. Here a a few items I saw:

The DSP is very high quality, well built, passive and active cooling . Instant start-up with no pops. I have not heard of the specific brand, but it does not appear to be a cheap off the shelf item.

The DSP enhances all the speakers, not just the ones the harness turns on. The "immersion" option now clearly changes the sound, making it far more surround. There is strong separation for the front and rear speakers. The sub is very well built, in custom wood enclosure, covered in the usual sub "fuzz". It looks like either a carbon fiber or Kevlar cone and it really pumps the bass. The overall look of the entire kit is high quality.

I was able to literally crank it to "11" and the sound was still clear. All in all, if you want kicking sound, this is a great value for the money.

Where did you find the firmware update for the dsp, can you share

Can I just pry and lift the big grill covering the two OEM speakers, unscrew and unplug them from their brackets then plug the Hansshow rear speakers and put them in place ?
You will bend and probably destroy your grill if you try to pull it up. There are 10 or so bent tangs of the grill on the small separate grills. I counted 20 on the spare big grill I have. Even if you straightened it once out when you go back in there would be no way to secure it. I highly recommend you don’t try that. If someone does try it or has messed up their grill I have a spare large grill available.

Attachments

• 3AFA46AD-A636-4864-A910-38A490748BB9.jpeg
    3AFA46AD-A636-4864-A910-38A490748BB9.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 81
  • BFDBEFC6-A98F-4656-9CB4-2FEBC704BE77.jpeg
    BFDBEFC6-A98F-4656-9CB4-2FEBC704BE77.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 82