Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope the Nanaimo option becomes available. I live in Cowichan but work in Nanaimo and that option would be more convenient.
I spoke
I hope the Nanaimo option becomes available. I live in Cowichan but work in Nanaimo and that option would be more convenient.
I spoke with Aaron at Ecstasy Audio on Friday and it sounds promising. Also went whole hog and ordered Version F today. Can’t wait to fix the only major disappointment I have of owning an SR+.

I ended up reversing the polarity on the sub and it's better.

The harness on B is different than E though. I wire mapped version B harness and posted a few days ago. I know the wire mapping is slightly different in E.

Did you try adjusting the gain and bass boost on the sub? I'm going to give that a try to see if I can get a bit more kick. I'm currently set at Hansshow's recommendations, which has the gain at about 40% and bass boost at about 60%.

So I've read every post on this topic. All 781 of them. I figured if I did not find the answer to my question through all of that I would finally ask.

Has anyone with just an SR installed any version and gotten the immersive sound option come on? Or am I going to have to hassle a friend at the SC to do it for me. Thanks!

You don't have the slider option enabled on your options?
I have not received the product yet, so I wouldn't know. But I haven't seen a single comment about the immersive sound bar on just an SR. I saw that I didn't have it now so I was wondering that of you install one of these Kits, would it just pop up on the screen? And my SR doesn't have the 'immersive sound' option at all. I'm hoping that when I install this, it will pop up.

Last edited:
I have not received the product yet, so I wouldn't know. But I haven't seen a single comment about the immersive sound bar on just an SR. I saw that I didn't have it now so I was wondering that of you install one of these Kits, would it just pop up on the screen? And my SR doesn't have the 'immersive sound' option at all. I'm hoping that when I install this, it will pop up.

If you don't have it on your screen now this will not help.

Did you try adjusting the gain and bass boost on the sub? I'm going to give that a try to see if I can get a bit more kick. I'm currently set at Hansshow's recommendations, which has the gain at about 40% and bass boost at about 60%.

Yes sir. Have gain approximately 80%, bass boost around 80%, LPF around 120Hz. It's alright but I feel my door woofers more! I should sit in the back seat and see.

DSP I brought down the gain -5db for the front channels

I ended up reversing the polarity on the sub and it's better.

The harness on B is different than E though. I wire mapped version B harness and posted a few days ago. I know the wire mapping is slightly different in E.

So now we need to fix the rear speaker cabling and reverse the polarity on the sub cabling?

So now we need to fix the rear speaker cabling and reverse the polarity on the sub cabling?

If you've followed this thread, the audio is a half baked product and continuously evolving. YMMV depending on when you recieve yours.

I've installed three systems spanning a month apart and each has slight differences. @Alien8er, @GT!! and myself have already confirmed the wiring issues.

Early adopters are Hansshow's beta testers. Only wish Tesla Offer had a similar product all ready because their products are never half baked!

Reactions: tlr1000 and badiban
I’m also on Vancouver Island and contacted Hansshow to see if there was an installer in the Nanaimo area since Victoria was a stretch. Cici replied “Yes, we have installer in Vancouver, you could contact Alan 6045633332 to help for your installation.” which leads me to believe that the Victoria installer does not do the audio upgrade. With so many issues reported I would only feel comfortable buying the kit if there was a professional installer available on the island.

Sorry , I mistake the Vancouver and Vancouver Island . We also have installer in Vancouver Island in Nanaimo.
Please kindly message me your email. I will send you the installer information . Thank you

Played with the DSP some more and dishes it in to my liking. Cut off bass for the front speakers and decreased the dB and time aligned a bit. Listened to Christmas Canon and The Imperial March and when the highs popped, it wasn't overbearing! When the orchestral children chimed, it was sharp on the A pillar tweeters. The piano deep bass kept going strong and low. Hit the entire range quite nicely.

If you put in the work, it's rewarding. For the price of this system and if you know how to dial it in better, it'll please you.

I used an external mic in the center arm rest to test:
192B4608-4D90-41C2-8D25-521CEF14BC3B.png
9274AE22-6CA6-43BE-9473-3013FA44AABD.png

Reactions: GT!!
Installed the harness to activate the 6 inactive speakers in the 2019 m3. I definitely noticed a loss of bass from the door speakers. The highs were improved but still no matter how I adjusted the sound, the stock system still sounded noticeably better so I took the harness off and sold it.

I'm thinking about picking up the Version A without the rear speakers option. I'll have someone install this when I get it. I'm hope the install can leave the stock system alone and just have sub/amp going and provide the bass I'm looking for.

Good to know I'm not the only one. It looks like several other people have notice the decrease in bass and maybe Hansshow will admit there's something wrong with the DIY harness.

Good to know I'm not the only one. It looks like several other people have notice the decrease in bass and maybe Hansshow will admit there's something wrong with the DIY harness.
The number of reported problems is way higher than what it should be for the price and yet they simply get defensive when problems are pointed out. Seems if you have the time and inclination to modify wiring and tweak settings it can make a positive improvement. Physical installation is only 1/2 the battle here.

Found a subwoofer option from a company called NVX

Tesla Model 3 Complete Aftermarket Subwoofer Package | BE-TM3-VSW10S2-PACKAGE

I know nothing about this company but at least the components look to be of high quality. Sub mounts on the left side pocket instead of right. Enclosure is hand-laid fiberglass. Dual voice-coil 10" driver with 500w rms amp, 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit,
2-Channel Line Out Converter, and remote bass knob. No idea how it sounds but looks very high end including all the wiring. Full retail is $719 and currently (for today anyways) they have a Cyber Monday 10% discount.

Who wants to take one for the team? :)

nvx sub.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: badiban