Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE - DIY Harness. I had the wiring that shipped with the reversed wiring for the rear parcel speakers. Once I corrected that issue the sound quality was back to what I wsa used to. I have been messing with car stereos for years and never had something so small affect the overall sound of the audio. But it is back to normal and I am really happy with a fairly inexpensive and easy to install upgrade.

Reactions: johnK72 and GT!!
Hoping to hear from someone who ordered the Version F with the new sub design. I ordered a week ago and they told me it would ship Dec 10.

Attachments

• 2DE4AB59-5547-4190-8BF5-BE606EE7C536.jpeg
    2DE4AB59-5547-4190-8BF5-BE606EE7C536.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: badiban
Update on Version A.

I ordered it Nov. 2 and received it on Dec. 4. I installed it earlier today. Installation is pretty straight forward. I spent over an hour listening after the install. The wire harness alone works out of the box. When I played with the fader, all the channels are set correctly. I noticed the door woofer isn't as punchy as before. Seems like it lost like 50% power. I tested it before wiring the sub.

Overall I'm happy with the outcome. I like how the wiring harness looks factory. In my opinion, Ver. A is the best bang for buck especially the price I paid with the 10% group buy.

Installed version B over the weekend.

Installation notes:
- Panels are a pain to remove, there isnt any need to remove the panels under the steering wheel like guides have suggested. You can easily rip out the center console panels from the seat side
- Rear left and right are reversed as others have mentioned. didnt bother fixing it.
- Sub was REALLY weak, reversing the purple wires fixed that up, it's working nicely now.

Other weird quirks:
- Opening the door really decrease the volume anymore
- Sometimes the sound gets really loud, like 50% sounds like it's maxed out. I found this happens when I first use the car after leaving it alone for a bit. Restart by holding the scroll wheels fixes it temporarily.
- Volume slider no longer goes past 70ish percent, not sure if it was always like this or not.

Overall, really happy with the installation, hoping the loud sound quirk goes away. Has anyone else run into similar experiences?

Hoping to hear from someone who ordered the Version F with the new sub design. I ordered a week ago and they told me it would ship Dec 10.

Hi, were you told your shipping date in a separate email from the "Thank you for your order" email right after making your order? I ordered Version F on 21 Nov and have not yet received any further information. For anyone reading this, ie Hansshow representatives, I am speaking about order # 21089. How can I get a shiping date?

Hi, were you told your shipping date in a separate email from the "Thank you for your order" email right after making your order? I ordered Version F on 21 Nov and have not yet received any further information. For anyone reading this, ie Hansshow representatives, I am speaking about order # 21089. How can I get a shiping date?
No, I never got a “response” email confirming the order other than the order# after checkout on their webpage. So I WhatsApp’d them and they confirmed right away that it it would ship Dec.10.

Installed version B over the weekend.

Installation notes:
- Panels are a pain to remove, there isnt any need to remove the panels under the steering wheel like guides have suggested. You can easily rip out the center console panels from the seat side
- Rear left and right are reversed as others have mentioned. didnt bother fixing it.
- Sub was REALLY weak, reversing the purple wires fixed that up, it's working nicely now.

Other weird quirks:
- Opening the door really decrease the volume anymore
- Sometimes the sound gets really loud, like 50% sounds like it's maxed out. I found this happens when I first use the car after leaving it alone for a bit. Restart by holding the scroll wheels fixes it temporarily.
- Volume slider no longer goes past 70ish percent, not sure if it was always like this or not.

Overall, really happy with the installation, hoping the loud sound quirk goes away. Has anyone else run into similar experiences?

If you whatsapp hansshow they will send you an update to correct the rear crossing.

Update on Version A.

I ordered it Nov. 2 and received it on Dec. 4. I installed it earlier today. Installation is pretty straight forward. I spent over an hour listening after the install. The wire harness alone works out of the box. When I played with the fader, all the channels are set correctly. I noticed the door woofer isn't as punchy as before. Seems like it lost like 50% power. I tested it before wiring the sub.

Overall I'm happy with the outcome. I like how the wiring harness looks factory. In my opinion, Ver. A is the best bang for buck especially the price I paid with the 10% group buy.

I had my version A installed today by a professional and he did not connect the A pillar tweeters. I think that helped with door woofer from losing its punch. Something you can try by disconnecting it. It does sound pretty good. I still wouldn’t mind a little more bass from the sub tho. Hahaha.

I planned to buy version E just as their prices increased. This made me doubt for a while, but now that I read the reviews, I am glad I waited. I can see myself installing the kit but starting to swap wires ... The main reason is that I miss deep bass. I come from a B&O installation in my Audi and I miss it. If I now read that even with the version E the bass doesn't come through yet, I will wait until another player with a better version comes out.

I had my version A installed today by a professional and he did not connect the A pillar tweeters. I think that helped with door woofer from losing its punch. Something you can try by disconnecting it. It does sound pretty good. I still wouldn’t mind a little more bass from the sub tho. Hahaha.

Thanks! Good to know. Which connector is it? I've tweaked the sub. Max Gain and 30-35% boost gain. I'm really happy with the outcome. I don't really miss the door woofers punch. I like the overall all sound stage and imaging from the activated speakers. I replaced the two outer dash speaker with Infinity REF-4022cfx last Spring. It help with the highs a bit but the new activated speakers made it complete.

The shallow sub can't really put out deeper bass. This should be a good addition https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KTRD24V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2V3063JU9685N&psc=1

I have a 10" JBL sub and enclosure and amp from my previous car. I should ask the guy from ebay if he can make a similar enclosure for the model 3. The enclosure that I had is similar to the NVX which was also mounted on the left side of the trunk.

I planned to buy version E just as their prices increased. This made me doubt for a while, but now that I read the reviews, I am glad I waited. I can see myself installing the kit but starting to swap wires ... The main reason is that I miss deep bass. I come from a B&O installation in my Audi and I miss it. If I now read that even with the version E the bass doesn't come through yet, I will wait until another player with a better version comes out.

Maybe get their wire harness and get this sub instead. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KTRD24V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2V3063JU9685N&psc=1

• Informative
Reactions: Hayden
Thanks! Good to know. Which connector is it? I've tweaked the sub. Max Gain and 30-35% boost gain. I'm really happy with the outcome. I don't really miss the door woofers punch. I like the overall all sound stage and imaging from the activated speakers. I replaced the two outer dash speaker with Infinity REF-4022cfx last Spring. It help with the highs a bit but the new activated speakers made it complete.

The shallow sub can't really put out deeper bass. This should be a good addition https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KTRD24V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2V3063JU9685N&psc=1

I have a 10" JBL sub and enclosure and amp from my previous car. I should ask the guy from ebay if he can make a similar enclosure for the model 3. The enclosure that I had is similar to the NVX which was also mounted on the left side of the trunk.

I’m not exactly sure but guessing the wire location is on the driver side ? I can ask the tech who wired it up for me and get back to you.

I’ll try to tweak the amp to see if it will satisfy my appetite for more bass. Lol

Reactions: Kali_3
I’m not exactly sure but guessing the wire location is on the driver side ? I can ask the tech who wired it up for me and get back to you.

I’ll try to tweak the amp to see if it will satisfy my appetite for more bass. Lol

Cool, thanks! You don't really have to but it would be good to know for future reference. I also had my EQ Bass set to 5.5. It's not good to boost more the 3 values but I don't listen pass 50% volume.

Sounds good....I don’t have the volume passed 50 pct either.[/QUO
Sounds good....I don’t have the volume passed 50 pct either.

Last Winter I did sound deadening. I used butyl and closed-cell foam. I went crazy in the rear wheel liner, rear quarter panel area (where the sub is located). The road noise is cut in half (with my hearing perception). I also did the front wheel liner and fender. I also added some in the floor bed. It had a bit of butyl from the factory but seems like it was rushingly applied. I forgot to mention this. I'm sure it help a bit with the bass performance and overall performance of the sound system.

Last Winter I did sound deadening. I used butyl and closed-cell foam. I went crazy in the rear wheel liner, rear quarter panel area (where the sub is located). The road noise is cut in half (with my hearing perception). I also did the front wheel liner and fender. I also added some in the floor bed. It had a bit of butyl from the factory but seems like it was rushingly applied. I forgot to mention this. I'm sure it help a bit with the bass performance and overall performance of the sound system.

Thanks for the tips. Things to consider.

Reactions: Kali_3
Thanks for the tips. Things to consider.
I was in the garage for a good 30 minutes listening. The sub is really underwhelming. It sounds more like a woofer than a sub. It has more punch with one of the rear seat folded. I folded the right rear side. I will roll like that for now and maybe add another sub down the road.

Attachments

• 20201210_105757.jpg
    20201210_105757.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 75