Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the amplifier located under the dashboard of LR / Performace different from that of SR +?
In LR / Perf (Tesla's premium), how are the channels distributed among the different spekers / Tweeters?
It’s the same part under the dash. On the premium system it powers the front dash speakers, tweeters, and overhead speakers. The amplifier mounted in the trunk powers the subwoofer, rear dash, rear doors, and front door woofers.

It’s the same part under the dash. On the premium system it powers the front dash speakers, tweeters, and overhead speakers. The amplifier mounted in the trunk powers the subwoofer, rear dash, rear doors, and front door woofers.
Yes but who is in parallel with whom?

The SR + does not have amplifiers at the rear, so it is the front amplifier that powers the front door speakers. If the front amplifictaur is the same for SR + and premium, then the channels are used differently?

Yes but who is in parallel with whom?

The SR + does not have amplifiers at the rear, so it is the front amplifier that powers the front door speakers. If the front amplifictaur is the same for SR + and premium, then the channels are used differently?

For the stock stereo, either LR Premium or SR+ standard, there is no connection that is parallel.

The front amp is the same in both setups, just wired to different speakers. The front amp has 8 channels.

SR+ has those connected for
1,2: Left and Right front Dash speakers.
3,4: Left and Right front Door woofers.
5,6: Left and Rigth rear Door midrange.
7: Center channel on Dash
8: Pedestrian speaker.

For LR setup, see this picture from the service manual: LR Speakers

Yeah, for the LR Premium stereo that is the right connector for the front amp. I don't know specifically, but the most likely answer is the green/grey on left, and brown/orange on right are the imaging speakers. The white/grey is nearly sure to be the pedestrian speaker that goes woo-woo-woo when you are backing up. IIRC there are other posts regarding that connector, try digging around on the forums and see if you might pull up something better.

Here is the image for the SR connector:

wiring_diagram.png

Reactions: Stives
Just bouncing back in here to say I've had Version F installed for about a month now and the M3 SR+ for 3 months in all. I feel like the whole system is broken in now and sounds amazing, somehow better today than the first day I finished the install. Definitely worth the time and effort for me.

Also rocking a 3 month trial on Tidal is pretty sweet.

Hi all,
I had version A installed on my ex-2019 and disappointed. After lurking on here for a while, met up with local guy to listen to his version F, waiting for a right time to buy. I spent the money on version F with my new SR+ 2021. The sound quality is better than MYLR. Took me almost a whole day to get it done since I was taking my sweet time. Well worth the effort and money.

Reactions: coolmanfever
Just finished installing Hansshow Professional with sub and harnesses. The sound is definitely off.

The door chimes are very loud, front centre speaker seems overpowered compared to other and, strangest of all, there is a constant hissing noise even with music off that comes from the front centre speakers. The hissing goes away when I turn on the rear defroster.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? Thanks.

Just got version F installed and I'm having the same exact issues! The rear defroster makes the hissing go away temporarily for me too. Did you end up finding a fix for any of these issues?

Hey all. I am going to leave my system alone for awhile now. I am satisfied with the results after working with Hansshow and tinkering the DSP settings and then finally, reversing the purple wires at the sub/amp. I now just need to tweak to balance the bass as it's too much sometimes. I will work on a video that goes into using the DSP in more detail in the future. As for the reversing of the wires. I am not going to suggest that this is what you should do. I did it and it improved my sound significantly. YMMV.

Hansshow created a code for me to give out to people following and watching for the Black Friday upcoming sale. If you use MARSR at checkout you'll get 25% until the 30th and after the 30th, 5%.

Video on install:

Video on DSP settings

Update on the latest findings

My offer stands to those in the Vancouver, BC region to meet up, safely, to compare notes or to help answer any questions anyone has. Hopefully the more people that get the system, the more we can figure out how to tweak it just right!

Thanks for all the help and support along my journey!
Was hoping you would still be willing to meet up and compare the version F system.

I had mine installed last year. Was workiing great. Then sometimes the sound would cut out and get all distorted. Installer said hansshow told him it was something to do with the wiring harness. He replaced it and now the audio doesn't sound nearly as good as before. The issue is mainly the bass. Also the chimes are alot louder than before.

Need some help figuring this out. The installer wasn't really able to help. Just told me to play around with the DSP software settings.

ill give my 2 cents on this hansshow Ver.f.

I had it installed on my previous SR+ and I have upgraded to a long range now with premium sound.

The premium sound is better, its much more tuned and not as harsh on the ears. The F does get louder though if that is your thing, and the subwoofer is more powerful and violent but does not SOUND nearly as good. The bass is bigger but its flat and the cutoff points for all the high/low/mids is far from perfect with the F. It is an improvement over the SR+ stock system but not dramatically so other than the addition of the subwoofer. The OEM system sounds great on the SR+ but the addition of the F makes you play the stock system louder and with an increase of bass ( but again, not quality bass ).

Do I feel it is worth it? absolutely not. Its cheap Chinese overpriced garbage with horrid customer service and support. Factory in the massive potential of Tesla denying warranty claims with speakers, 12v battery, penthouse connections and potentially full MCU computer ( you plug directly into it ) no way would I do it again. The initial excitement of the system wore off fast and the reality of potential issues was always on my mind.

The SR+ system is great, its nearly as good as the LR. There are differences yes, but its not massive. Its an improvement over the already great SR+.

IMO stay away from hansshow and all their products.

I replaced the dash drivers in my SR+ to get rid of the harshness that I believe is the result of lopping off seven speakers. The tweeters in particular were now being filled in by the cheap dash midranges and it is no wonder it sounded harsh. The Infinity 4032 is much better, also combined with Tidal with better quality streaming.

Type C for AMD Ryzen is still not available from Evoffer

When I installed the Focal ISU200 door woofers I noticed that the tweeters had wires attached to them even though they are not active. Where do those lead? Is it possible to tap them without the wire harness? Are they already wired in but disabled?

I'm not sure I would use them in any case but wondering why they are there with wires if not connected.