Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in the recent software fixes (May 2024 software releases and beyond), the buttons on the side got replaced with the swipe pulldown buttons from the top of the screen like in the screenshot below. Since you showed that your software build is APP = 20240519 then your side buttons are now on the pulldown buttons. Again you were watching youtube videos that were done months ago and yes at the time the buttons were on both sides but now they are swipe down buttons.

Ignore the QR code sticker on the side of the display....its complete garbage that shows what the display might have been loaded with but it doesn't matter at this point. Its OBE anyways. I am not sure what you mean by stuck on logo boot screen. Have you tried flashing an older build just to restore the display in a good state?
View attachment 1058905
Yes, tried and the problem is that I can't get it to work. I understand provided flashdrive and also one of my own, formated as instructed throughout the earlier posts. Did you had a chance to see the video I posted in the first message? Just in case here's the link

Yes, tried and the problem is that I can't get it to work. I understand provided flashdrive and also one of my own, formated as instructed throughout the earlier posts. Did you had a chance to see the video I posted in the first message? Just in case here's the link
It looks like you have the old version of the APP and CAN files installed with old/hideous Hansshow branded startup animation. The recent ones have a short n slick red M3 start up.

You can try and flash the latest versions posted recently here and then update the CAN file using the OTA option and see if that helps. If that doesn’t work, it could be a separate issue which only Hansshow can diagnose and fix for you.

Reactions: flai54
It looks like you have the old version of the APP and CAN files installed with old/hideous Hansshow branded startup animation. The recent ones have a short n slick red M3 start up.

You can try and flash the latest versions posted recently here and then update the CAN file using the OTA option and see if that helps. If that doesn’t work, it could be a separate issue which only Hansshow can diagnose and fix for you.
Yes, I would, but the drive it's not being recognized it's like is omitted.
And why does this thing not shutting down when Tesla does it's a mystery as well? Since it was working fine right after I installed that unit (the whole 2hrs) right before the update I know the wiring is good
BTW
I belive there's a SD card slot on the side in addition to the Sim card, can I flash using that port

I just noticed that I posted wrong link, here is the correct video that shows the USB drive as well

I saw your video and I re-read your original post. What Hansshow was saying regarding the latest Tesla SW 14.9 or 20.1 is that the battery range may be off. Not that you are not able to install the Tesla update and the F9 display goes to crap. Clearly there has been many who have installed the 14.9 and 20.1 update just fine but just noticed one issue using the latest update. I think the English barrier translation was misinterpreted when they told you that.

In terms of your freezing boot up logo, I am not sure what is going on. What I normally do in this screenshot below is just use the left QR code to download the latest IVT244.img and then email it to myself or share it on my Google drive and then use a USB stick to install since that works for me. I don't perform the step that you see on the right side QR code. I assume you got that part to work based on what you wrote but still I wouldn't expect your system to crash like this.

I would suggest talking to Hansshow on Whatsapp again and uploading the boot up logo videos that you shared to them but don't mention anythign about an update not working and that you are focused on looking for the solution for the display to boot up correctly so that you don't confuse them. One step at a time. Once that can be recovered that you can deal with whatever you were working with before. Really strange that this is happening on a brand new display.

In terms of the SD card slot, you mind as well give it a shot and insert it with the same folder structure that the display expects (ex: update ---> IVT244.img) and formatted to FAT32, 4kb allocation size shown below.
1719118632394.png

1719119246934.png

Last edited:
I recently purchased a product
We proceeded with the update right away.
The update was completed through OTA, resulting in a version like the image below.
Android Auto works well and the front camera works well when driving, but the vehicle or UI is not displayed properly on the main screen.
How can I take action?

KakaoTalk_20240623_142022472_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20240623_142022472_02.jpg

Thanks for some of the pictures of what happens when you mix match the UI files. So in park mode you can never see your car and in drive mode you cannot see the color of your car?

So in this mix mash of old UI app with new UI base graphics, you are not able to manually activate the front camera? I know the new UI has the option to turn on front camera via main screen scroll but I would have expected the new UI still allows you to manually activate the front camera via holding on the right button wheel. That sucks. I am with you in that I hope they add the front camera option as a main menu scroll option. But I also think they need to change the manual activation duration from like 5 secs to like 1.5 secs. It seems too ridiculous to hold the right scroll wheel for 5 secs just to activate the camera. That seems like it would be a quick software fix to change 1 field from like 4-5 secs to like 1.5 secs.
You're welcome, and thank you for following up! Yes, those are the issues with the UI mix up. In the new UI, they removed the 5-second hold activation. The main reason I tried the new UI was to have the camera option in the main screen scroll, so I wouldn't have to hold the button for so long. It would also be great if they added it as a shortcut icon in the future. This is the only place where any discussion about the F9 is happening! Hopefully, these changes will be implemented sooner rather than later.

I recently purchased a product
We proceeded with the update right away.
The update was completed through OTA, resulting in a version like the image below.
Android Auto works well and the front camera works well when driving, but the vehicle or UI is not displayed properly on the main screen.
How can I take action?

View attachment 1058973
View attachment 1058974
Its simple. After an update, you have to leave the car, lock the car and open it again and the car will show up. This question gets asked a lot and if you do that the car will show up again. This happens to me every update. Its almost like it needs 2 reboots to get the update to finally show up. Try that and let me know if that works.

I think the English barrier translation was misinterpreted when they told you that.
Lol looks like it was language barrier, the lady on the phone was just not listening, she assumed right away that my problems where the same as all the people that called before me with the update issues vs Tesla SW. At the time I took her word for it, because I was a proud owner of the screen for 3.5hrs and didn't even knew about the existence of TMC.
Here's the kicker: I spoke to her directly on the phone (it didn't cross my mind to use WhatsApp) and when she spoke it was flawless American English, probably because I called California # and I'm personally located in the US as well.

I don't perform the step that you see on the right side QR code. I assume you got that part to work based on what you wrote but still I wouldn't expect your system to crash like this.
I did the right side as well, I connected to the 192.168.xxx.xxx and observed the numbers updating on the screen from the file that was being uploaded. After some time f9 rebooted and that was it! I hang a long time staring at the screen waiting for something to happen, but no luck. Restarting the unit with a paper clip or disconnecting from powe source didn't help...

and formatted to FAT32, 4kb allocation size shown below.
I did that, even checked off the quick format option the second time around and waited a long time for it to finish just to make sure it's done properly, because at first this double sided included drive was not readable by the windows laptop. When that failed I used an good known brand name drive (featured on the video) that I had laying around.
I will report back if I'll have any luck with SD card

간단해요. 업데이트 후에는 차에서 내려오는 차를 운동 후 다시 열리게 됩니다. 이 질문을 많이 받는데 그렇게 되면 다시 돌아온 것입니다. 업데이트할 때마다 이런 일이 발생합니다. 업데이트를 최종적으로 표시하려면 2번의 처리가 필요합니다. 계속해서 효과가 있음을 알려드립니다.

First of all, thank you for your interest.

I repeatedly walked away from the car and came back in to start it, but the UI did not appear properly.

I don't think this would have happened if I had purchased the product and used OTA right away... Before I understood how to use OTA.

There is a history of performing UI Update using the UI 01, 02, and 03.zip files at the URL below.
I think the cause may be updating file number 01.

Reference link:

After learning how to proceed with OTA, I proceeded with OTA with the latest version, and basic UI such as vehicles did not appear. For your reference, Android Auto connection and operation work well.

I repeatedly walked away from the car and came back in to start it, but the UI did not appear properly.

I don't think this would have happened if I had purchased the product and used OTA right away... Before I understood how to use OTA.

There is a history of performing UI Update using the UI 01, 02, and 03.zip files at the URL below.

Reference link:

After learning how to proceed with OTA, I proceeded with OTA with the latest version, and basic UI such as vehicles did not appear. For your reference, Android Auto connection and operation work well.
Oh no did you install the new UI on the F9 display from Tesstudio? You didn't provide that detail in your original post. The link you provided is from Tesstudio and now that you installed it over the F9 display. Yes you are correct in that the UI01 zip file updates the graphics for the various functions of the F9 display. You shouldn't have done because now you have done permanent overlay "damage" to your F9 display since we don't have a zip file with the original UI01 zip files for the old UI. You have a similar situation as @thanos6stark where he installed the Tesstudio UI files as well. Sorry to hear about that. If you are able to reach out to Hansshow they might be able to help you.

Let me guess you cannot manually activate the camera now by holding on the right scroll wheel for 5 seconds? By the way the Tesstudio package was meant for the FY9 display for the other variant display and not for the F9 unless you didn't like the UI graphics. I think you are stuck until someone has a UI01 zip package of the original old UI overlay.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the smallest size I could find is a 32gig card, so that's a "no go" for now, unless Amazon can deliver one quick, i found an 8gig available
Does any one now what's the maximum size for the microSD that can be supported for this unit?
In order to format the SD card drive to FAT32 and 4096 bytes allocation size, it is best to use a storage size of 4 GB and up to 16 GB so that the 4096 byte (4 Kb) allocation size option is still available. Even the Hansshow instructions say to use no larger than a 16 GB USB drive.

1719164294436.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rhdph1

Reference link:

By any chance, did you upgrade using the files provided in the Google Drive folder? Those files are for FY9-C and, unfortunately, not for F9. I did the same and faced some issues since they are not completely compatible with F9. You can check my previous posts for more details.

I literally got a similar message from Hansshow but this is what they sent me verbatim in bold and when they say tesla screen file, I think they mean don't update to the Tesla 20.1 update.

‘Problems that occurred after Tesla upgraded to 20.1 or 14.9. There will be problems with the range and power. The software engineer is testing the new software and will send it to you when the new software is available. So don't upgrade the tesla screen file.

I got to think by now they have the 20.1 update installed on a Tesla vehicle or multiple vehicles to start their testing but I am pretty sure that Hansshow has been getting countless reports on not only F9 display users but the F68 display users as well since they basically uses the same exact UI and any other of their displays that codes the CAN bus to retrieve the vehicle info.

Having same issue with range and battery running the following software. Otherwise have not had any issues thus far. Wish they'd update the graphics though. Also when charging cable is plugged in you can't swipe down the setting menu until the charging cable is unplugged. I wanted to use a white background but feel like its not bright enough and the screen has tons of glare when sun hits it. I have tinted windows also. I end up switching it to nighttime mode all the time instead.

Attachments

• 20240623_172026.jpg
    20240623_172026.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240623_172020.jpg
    20240623_172020.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh no did you install the new UI on the F9 display from Tesstudio? You didn't provide that detail in your original post. The link you provided is from Tesstudio and now that you installed it over the F9 display. Yes you are correct in that the UI01 zip file updates the graphics for the various functions of the F9 display. You shouldn't have done because now you have done permanent overlay "damage" to your F9 display since we don't have a zip file with the original UI01 zip files for the old UI. You have a similar situation as @thanos6stark where he installed the Tesstudio UI files as well. Sorry to hear about that. If you are able to reach out to Hansshow they might be able to help you.

Let me guess you cannot manually activate the camera now by holding on the right scroll wheel for 5 seconds? By the way the Tesstudio package was meant for the FY9 display for the other variant display and not for the F9 unless you didn't like the UI graphics. I think you are stuck until someone has a UI01 zip package of the original old UI overlay.
Yes, it seems correct that the UI file provided by Tessstudio was updated for F9.
It's ruined ㅠㅠ
I didn't purchase any products from hansshow, so I don't know if I can inquire there.
I would like to get the original UI01 package.
thank you.

By any chance, did you upgrade using the files provided in the Google Drive folder? Those files are for FY9-C and, unfortunately, not for F9. I did the same and faced some issues since they are not completely compatible with F9. You can check my previous posts for more details.
Yes, I checked thanos6stark's previous comment and saw that he was having the same experience as me.
I want to find the original file of F9 and restore it quickly. TT

Yes, it seems correct that the UI file provided by Tessstudio was updated for F9.
It's ruined ㅠㅠ
I didn't purchase any products from hansshow, so I don't know if I can inquire there.
I would like to get the original UI01 package.
thank you.
Well you are not the only one that is looking for the original UI01 package for the old UI but nobody seems to have it including Hansshow. I don't know where you bought it from but even if you bought it from AliExpress, I doubt they have the UI01 package either since I have tried asking but they might not understand what I am talking about. Unless you are able to find the manufacturer that generates the firmware update, you won't be able to find it.

The Tesstudio updated UI package was NEVER updated or intended for the F9 display and only for the FY9 display. Even though in theory you could install it on the F9 display doesn't mean it was intended for it. Are you able to activate the camera with the UI package you have installed?

If you want to restore full functionality have you tried to reflash the UI02 from the Tesstudio package to get at least the new UI restored?

Last edited:
Having same issue with range and battery running the following software. Otherwise have not had any issues thus far. Wish they'd update the graphics though. Also when charging cable is plugged in you can't swipe down the setting menu until the charging cable is unplugged. I wanted to use a white background but feel like its not bright enough and the screen has tons of glare when sun hits it. I have tinted windows also. I end up switching it to nighttime mode all the time instead.
All you need to do is run the CAN OTA button update and it should download the latest CAN file that fixes the battery issue. The CAN version should be like V3.2.1. This issue has been talked about in the last few pages if you scroll back and look at the version info images that have been posted.

Also what Brightness settings are you using in Settings? Are you using "follow" or are you manually using an number between "10" to "100".

Last edited:
Well you are not the only one that is looking for the original UI01 package for the old UI but nobody seems to have it including Hansshow. I don't know where you bought it from but even if you bought it from AliExpress, I doubt they have the UI01 package either since I have tried asking but they might not understand what I am talking about. Unless you are able to find the manufacturer that generates the firmware update, you won't be able to find it.

The Tesstudio updated UI package was NEVER updated or intended for the F9 display and only for the FY9 display. Even though in theory you could install it on the F9 display doesn't mean it was intended for it. Are you able to activate the camera with the UI package you have installed?

If you want to restore full functionality have you tried to reflash the UI02 from the Tesstudio package to get at least the new UI restored?

UI01, 02, 03 All Installed, The front camera seems to work normally.
Thank you.