Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UI01, 02, 03 All Installed, The front camera seems to work normally.
Thank you.
I would stick with the Tesstudio UI files for now and try to only install FY9 files so that it doesn't break compatibility in the future. There has got to be updated FY9 files somewhere that doesn't break your setup because otherwise the FY9 display owners would be stuck in a March 2024 build. Might need to reach out to Hansshow on Whatsapp to see if they have updated firmware files that work with the FY9 display and not the F9 display. Also for Hansshow you don't need to purchase the product from them for them to provide you the files. I have asked them just fine with no problems.

I installed the 20240618 app build and installed it and I noticed the APP OTA button reverted back to the car hotspot 12345678 method instead of the 2 QR code page. Personally I liked the 2 QR code page since I can download the IVT244.img file to my device and make a copy of it in case I needed to revert back to it. I am curious though if the car hotspot method will automatically download the latest IVT244.img file. Its almost like the 20240519 is the perfect build since you have that APP OTA page. Not sure why they keep mucking with the APP OTA page unless it was a bit too confusing with the multi QR code method.

Can anyone confirm that for those that installed the 20240618 build that the APP OTA page reverted back to the car hotspot 12345678 prompt?

FY9 디스플레이는 2024년 3월 빌드에 로그아웃할 수 있습니다. F9 디스플레이가 아닌 FY9 디스플레이에서 작동하는 업데이트된 파일이 있는지 확인하려면 Whatsapp의 Hansshow에 문의해야 할 수도 있습니다. 또한 Hansshow의 경우 파일을 제공하기 위해 제품을 구매할 필요가 없습니다. 나는 아무 문제 없이 그들에게 물었습니다.

I would stick with the Tesstudio UI files for now and try to only install FY9 files so that it doesn't break compatibility in the future. There has got to be updated FY9 files somewhere that doesn't break your setup because otherwise the FY9 display owners would be stuck in a March 2024 build. Might need to reach out to Hansshow on Whatsapp to see if they have updated firmware files that work with the FY9 display and not the F9 display. Also for Hansshow you don't need to purchase the product from them for them to provide you the files. I have asked them just fine with no problems.
Thank you. !!
I will also inquire with hansshow.

I installed the 20240618 app build and installed it and I noticed the APP OTA button reverted back to the car hotspot 12345678 method instead of the 2 QR code page. Personally I liked the 2 QR code page since I can download the IVT244.img file to my device and make a copy of it in case I needed to revert back to it. I am curious though if the car hotspot method will automatically download the latest IVT244.img file. Its almost like the 20240519 is the perfect build since you have that APP OTA page. Not sure why they keep mucking with the APP OTA page unless it was a bit too confusing with the multi QR code method.

Can anyone confirm that for those that installed the 20240618 build that the APP OTA page reverted back to the car hotspot 12345678 prompt?
Hi mate - yes, I also see that the APP OTA goes to the car hotspot prompt once you click on it!

Hi mate - yes, I also see that the APP OTA goes to the car hotspot prompt once you click on it!
I wonder why they decided to revert back to the hotspot method for the APP OTA page. I am definitely keeping my 20240519 app file around in case I need to flash back to it so that I can download the latest update.

I do wonder now that the version info page is showing consistently showing on the Update button that if the APP OTA function button now consistently works since we can verify if installing the latest update actually changes the file name.

Last edited:
I wonder why they decided to revert back to the hotspot method for the APP OTA page.
I get the feeling they don’t really have a consistent code base for these updates and come up new versions w/out carrying out any UAT (acceptance tests) or quality checks which is why we see regressions. Having said this don’t we see this even on Tesla updates.. haha?

I guess I’m expecting too much given my tech background. Happy that we are actually getting these updates as I honestly didn’t expect Hansshow to support these after they were sold. 🙂

I get the feeling they don’t really have a consistent code base for these updates and come up new versions w/out carrying out any UAT (acceptance tests) or quality checks which is why we see regressions. Having said this don’t we see this even on Tesla updates.. haha?

I guess I’m expecting too much given my tech background. Happy that we are actually getting these updates as I honestly didn’t expect Hansshow to support these after they were sold. 🙂
Well with the recent battery issue not showing up correctly on older displays, Hansshow had a CAN update so that it fixes for older devices especially the smaller ones that don't have OTA capability.

All you need to do is run the CAN OTA button update and it should download the latest CAN file that fixes the battery issue. The CAN version should be like V3.2.1. This issue has been talked about in the last few pages if you scroll back and look at the version info images that have been posted.

Also what Brightness settings are you using in Settings? Are you using "follow" or are you manually using an number between "10" to "100".
Thanks I am going to try the OTA today. I am using Follow for brightness, my Tesla screen is set to 100 brightness. I did toggle to 100 to see if that helps and did not. What are the latest MCU and APP version we should be using ?

Having some troubles doing an OTA update, as if I understand correctly, the module expects an SSID of 'car' with password 12345678.
My iPhone can't customise its SSID..so how do you do that?
Is there a .can file that I can manually transfer to my usb drive like I normally do for APP upgrades?

Having some troubles doing an OTA update, as if I understand correctly, the module expects an SSID of 'car' with password 12345678.
My iPhone can't customise its SSID..so how do you do that?
Is there a .can file that I can manually transfer to my usb drive like I normally do for APP upgrades?
In order to change the name of the wifi associated to the iPhone hotspot, you need to temporarily change the iPhone name under Settings > General > About

• Helpful
Reactions: flai54
Thanks I am going to try the OTA today. I am using Follow for brightness, my Tesla screen is set to 100 brightness. I did toggle to 100 to see if that helps and did not. What are the latest MCU and APP version we should be using ?

Updated the CAN via OTA and fixed the issue with range and battery info.
I checked my settings and set them to 100 for brightness and follow for day and night.
When compared to the Tesla screen and on U2 the screen is no where near as bright. Will upload a picture when I go out later today and its sunny.
The gloss on the screen seems to reflect a lot of light as well. My 10.25 was not this bad for either brightness or glare.

Updated the CAN via OTA and fixed the issue with range and battery info.
I checked my settings and set them to 100 for brightness and follow for day and night.
When compared to the Tesla screen and on U2 the screen is no where near as bright. Will upload a picture when I go out later today and its sunny.
The gloss on the screen seems to reflect a lot of light as well. My 10.25 was not this bad for either brightness or glare.
The latest APP version is 20240618 but based on your screenshot, I assume you are still using 20240519. I don't think the APP version is as important as just running the latest CAN OTA update that fixes the battery icon if you have the 2024.20.1 Tesla update installed. Personally I just use night mode all day since I set my Tesla screen to night mode.

Last edited:
Can you pls share the file, I downloaded recently so much stuff that I don't know anymore what is what, thx!
I posted the 20240519 files here. However the APP file is for the Linux version. I am not sure if the Android version is slightly different since the Android version has the Tbox icon whereas the Linux one does not. I would double check with Hansshow to see if they have the latest Android file.

Also were you able to revive your F9 display via SD card slot?

Reactions: rhdph1
I posted the 20240519 files here. However the APP file is for the Linux version. I am not sure if the Android version is slightly different since the Android version has the Tbox icon whereas the Linux one does not. I would double check with Hansshow to see if they have the latest Android file.

Also were you able to revive your F9 display via SD card slot?
No no luck with the SD card, I sent messages to Hansshow will see how long it will take them to reply

• Helpful
Reactions: flai54
The latest APP version is 20240618 but based on your screenshot, I assume you are still using 20240519. I don't think the APP version is as important as just running the latest CAN OTA update that fixes the battery icon if you have the 2024.20.1 Tesla update installed. Personally I just use night mode all day since I set my Tesla screen to night mode.
When I use the URL/QR code link from the device to download the latest APP. I uploaded to the device it stays the same. I have the android version. Where did you get the 20240618?

Reactions: Fahren451heit
When I use the URL/QR code link from the device to download the latest APP. I uploaded to the device it stays the same. I have the android version. Where did you get the 20240618?
I downloaded it from the left QR code website. Are you sure you downloaded the APP file correctly connecting to the specific SSID on the QR code screen? Don't bother using the right QR code to install it. Once I download the file, I upload the IVT244.img to my Google Drive so that I can download it to my PC for safe keeping and always install the APP update via USB drive.