Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine Hansshow F9 display worked fine for about a month. Now, all the settings does NOT saved. Once exited the car, everything went back to OEM settings? Contacted Hansshow no respond. Any1 has latest update files for me to try?
Try contacting Hansshow via their WhatsApp. They aren't the fastest to respond, but they will respond. When I contacted them it was 4-5 days IIRC. They'll create a chat group with you and the appropriate support person(s), and then they're pretty responsive from there.

I traded in my 2020 Long Range Model 3 last week and got a 2024 Long Range Model Y. I removed all my accessories from the Model 3 since Tesla is strict about trade-ins with aftermarket components. This included removing my F9.

One thing I noticed right away between the Model 3 and the Model Y on the F9 screen is that the brake lights and the brake icon work on the F9 now. In the pictures on the Hansshow site, the brake lights are supposed to illuminate when you brake, but that never did on my Model 3.

The only thing I can think of is that my Model 3 had the Intel Atom and my Model Y has the AMD Ryzen. The Ryzen must have some additional features and data that it sends to the F9.

Based on the people that own it so far, is this F9 display worth getting? I have a 2023 Model Y with the Ryzen chip. What about the software updates thus far? What existing issues still exist? I currently have the Hansshow 5.16" display and been wanting to upgrade to like an 8 or 9 inch display that has Android Auto capability. The air vents to me are a plus because I don't have to sacrifice air flow.

worth it for me at the black friday deal, i think it was like $250 or $280. I like having waze open for the map and traffic incident reports and keeping camera feeds on for the main screen. it hasn't been hot enough yet so i can't tell for sure how airflow really is even with the pass through. i wouldn't buy at the current price even with influencer coupon codes.

worth it for me at the black friday deal, i think it was like $250 or $280. I like having waze open for the map and traffic incident reports and keeping camera feeds on for the main screen. it hasn't been hot enough yet so i can't tell for sure how airflow really is even with the pass through. i wouldn't buy at the current price even with influencer coupon codes.
I definitely would not be buying at current prices and my current 5.16" display still works fine. I just think having a larger display and more importantly a front bumper camera would be very useful to have.

Based on the people that own it so far, is this F9 display worth getting? I have a 2023 Model Y with the Ryzen chip. What about the software updates thus far? What existing issues still exist? I currently have the Hansshow 5.16" display and been wanting to upgrade to like an 8 or 9 inch display that has Android Auto capability. The air vents to me are a plus because I don't have to sacrifice air flow.
I also have a 2023 Model Y with Ryzen and I've had the F9 display installed for probably a month so far and have been using it every time I drive out. I also had the previous 9" Linux based display as well so I have a good comparison to that.

So far I will say the upgrade from my previous 9" screen is worth it for one main reason. It fixes the issue this previous screen had with getting music to play on the Tesla everytime. Also the same issue with phone calls. I'm not going to go into detail but anyone who has that screen knows what I am talking about. This F9 screen fixes that issue with having the setting to say "original BT" and that basically means with this setting it seems like you don't have see the display as an audio option. So by default it has to go to tesla bluetooth. This is a huge fix for me. Since I always use carplay when driving and I like seeing any music source on the screen and having it use tesla bluetooth.

The front camera works and it the picture quality is great but it is not implemented well. It only automatically turns on when you first start your car and go into "D". Like why as this doesn't make sense and not when I need the front camera. If it could turn on when it senses the parking sensors that would be perfect. And it turns off at 20 mph. Again why as this is too fast of a speed to turn off. So the annoyance is that when I start my car, it connects to carplay, I go into D to drive off, and all I see if the front camera. So I have to manually turn it off if I need to see directions in google maps, go above 20 mph which again it really should just turn off after like 5 mph, or I have to click the right side scroll wheel to the left, but this also now changes my distance setting for auto pilot. And to manually turn it on as I'm pulling into a parking spot is also very annoying since it takes almost 3 seconds to activate manually.

I'm not sure I think the vents also is a huge difference as well despite what all the youtube reviews say. At least with my positioning of the steering wheel so I don't block the screen too much I do notice a bit more airflow to my face but it's not night and day. I'll reserve more judgement when the weather here in the east coast gets warmer.

The only big issue I've seen so far is that there are times every once in a while when I get into my car and carplay never connects. I can turn my bluetooth off and on and still doesn't connect. The only fix I've seen is to hold the left scroll to the left until the unit reboots and then it auto connects to carplay. The reboot is quick so it not the biggest deal but annoying none the less.

So I got this screen as an upgrade for the front camera and the vents but ironically enough both features have their flaws. And I didn't know it would fix the bluetooth audio issue which was my biggest gripe with the old unit.

I'm also hoping someone else could answer my questions below:

1. I've attached a picture of my version after I think I did a successful OTA update. Is this the newest version people have seen so far or is there a newer version that is just not available on OTA?
2. Is there a way to have the front camera activate automatically with say low speed or when it detects the parking sensors would be better. As far as I know so far it seems like it first comes on when you go into D (which is kind of stupid and wish I could disable this) or manually with the right steering wheel button. I thought I saw some other devices would activate the front camera automatically when it detects the parking sensor which I think would be the best option.
3. Is there a way to change the boot video/image?
4. I usually use CarPlay but if I switch to the dashboard mode is there an easy way to get back into CarPlay? So far it seems like I have to scroll through the menu to get to CarPlay and select it. On my old 9" Linux display the right scroll wheel up/down would switch between the CarPlay/dashboard modes quickly. I also found out by accident that if you are not in carplay and you use "Hey Siri" it actually does bring back Carplay on the F9 Display.
5. Does anyone know for sure the process to get to the version number of the F9 Plus? I saw some people mention the left vs right button on the steering wheel. And I'm not sure if you have to be connect to WiFi for this to also show up. I kind of got to the version screen by accident and I think I had to be connected to Wifi where the download button was lit up. But I couldn't replicate getting to this screen.
6. There are times I get into my car in the morning and I'll wait for carplay to connect automatically. Occasionally I have to tap the screen and manually select Carplay. I can see it has already connected but the screen was not on carplay. Anyone run into this issue?

Reactions: flai54
I also have a 2023 Model Y with Ryzen and I've had the F9 display installed for probably a month so far and have been using it every time I drive out. I also had the previous 9" Linux based display as well so I have a good comparison to that.

So far I will say the upgrade from my previous 9" screen is worth it for one main reason. It fixes the issue this previous screen had with getting music to play on the Tesla everytime. Also the same issue with phone calls. I'm not going to go into detail but anyone who has that screen knows what I am talking about. This F9 screen fixes that issue with having the setting to say "original BT" and that basically means with this setting it seems like you don't have see the display as an audio option. So by default it has to go to tesla bluetooth. This is a huge fix for me. Since I always use carplay when driving and I like seeing any music source on the screen and having it use tesla bluetooth.

The front camera works and it the picture quality is great but it is not implemented well. It only automatically turns on when you first start your car and go into "D". Like why as this doesn't make sense and not when I need the front camera. If it could turn on when it senses the parking sensors that would be perfect. And it turns off at 20 mph. Again why as this is too fast of a speed to turn off. So the annoyance is that when I start my car, it connects to carplay, I go into D to drive off, and all I see if the front camera. So I have to manually turn it off if I need to see directions in google maps, go above 20 mph which again it really should just turn off after like 5 mph, or I have to click the right side scroll wheel to the left, but this also now changes my distance setting for auto pilot. And to manually turn it on as I'm pulling into a parking spot is also very annoying since it takes almost 3 seconds to activate manually.

I'm not sure I think the vents also is a huge difference as well despite what all the youtube reviews say. At least with my positioning of the steering wheel so I don't block the screen too much I do notice a bit more airflow to my face but it's not night and day. I'll reserve more judgement when the weather here in the east coast gets warmer.

The only big issue I've seen so far is that there are times every once in a while when I get into my car and carplay never connects. I can turn my bluetooth off and on and still doesn't connect. The only fix I've seen is to hold the left scroll to the left until the unit reboots and then it auto connects to carplay. The reboot is quick so it not the biggest deal but annoying none the less.

So I got this screen as an upgrade for the front camera and the vents but ironically enough both features have their flaws. And I didn't know it would fix the bluetooth audio issue which was my biggest gripe with the old unit.

I'm also hoping someone else could answer my questions below:

1. I've attached a picture of my version after I think I did a successful OTA update. Is this the newest version people have seen so far or is there a newer version that is just not available on OTA?
2. Is there a way to have the front camera activate automatically with say low speed or when it detects the parking sensors would be better. As far as I know so far it seems like it first comes on when you go into D (which is kind of stupid and wish I could disable this) or manually with the right steering wheel button. I thought I saw some other devices would activate the front camera automatically when it detects the parking sensor which I think would be the best option.
3. Is there a way to change the boot video/image?
4. I usually use CarPlay but if I switch to the dashboard mode is there an easy way to get back into CarPlay? So far it seems like I have to scroll through the menu to get to CarPlay and select it. On my old 9" Linux display the right scroll wheel up/down would switch between the CarPlay/dashboard modes quickly. I also found out by accident that if you are not in carplay and you use "Hey Siri" it actually does bring back Carplay on the F9 Display.
5. Does anyone know for sure the process to get to the version number of the F9 Plus? I saw some people mention the left vs right button on the steering wheel. And I'm not sure if you have to be connect to WiFi for this to also show up. I kind of got to the version screen by accident and I think I had to be connected to Wifi where the download button was lit up. But I couldn't replicate getting to this screen.
6. There are times I get into my car in the morning and I'll wait for carplay to connect automatically. Occasionally I have to tap the screen and manually select Carplay. I can see it has already connected but the screen was not on carplay. Anyone run into this issue?
Thanks for the review of the pros and cons of the F9 unit. I hope the bluetooth issue you are talking about is resolved without having to do a soft reboot because I can see that as PITA. Overall it sounds like was a needed upgrade from the previous 9 inch display so that is a good step in the right direction.

Also in terms of you #3 question about changing the boot video/image. Unless the upgrade files contain a dedicated folder for all the UI images that get displayed with a dedicated image called "boot.jpg" for example to be uploaded as part of the upgrade process then you can't change it especially if the firmware files are just a single "upgrade.upd" file. I know that gets asked like for every Hansshow product and for some people it annoys them but it is what it is since that is their way to advertise their product.

Thanks for the review of the pros and cons of the F9 unit. I hope the bluetooth issue you are talking about is resolved without having to do a soft reboot because I can see that as PITA. Overall it sounds like was a needed upgrade from the previous 9 inch display so that is a good step in the right direction.

Also in terms of you #3 question about changing the boot video/image. Unless the upgrade files contain a dedicated folder for all the UI images that get displayed with a dedicated image called "boot.jpg" for example to be uploaded as part of the upgrade process then you can't change it especially if the firmware files are just a single "upgrade.upd" file. I know that gets asked like for every Hansshow product and for some people it annoys them but it is what it is since that is their way to advertise their product.
Because the bluetooth "audio" issue was so annoying with the previous 9" Linux display I think the F9 is worth it even with the current issue I'm seeing where it won't connect to bluetooth to initiate Carplay. It is definitely annoying but having to hold the left scroll left click button for a few seconds isn't the end of the world considering most of these devices are no where near 100% perfect.

As for the boot image, it doesn't always work the way you think. With the previous 9" Linux display you would just have the boot image with a certain naming convention (which I forget at the moment) and just having in the root of the USB and plugging it in would allow the display to update just the boot image. This is what I found out and replaced the boot image that way with a custom one I made. This didn't work on the F9. And the vendor I bought from is saying that the manufacturer says it can't be changed which I know is BS.

And speaking about Hansshow, I really hope people stop buying products from that place. I make sure I buy from Aliexpress or Alibaba where Hansshow just gets the same product anyway. They honestly don't know the products 100% when I ask them questions and from what I see they are supposed to support the product but they suck at doing that. They just a glorified drop shipper with great marketing. I hate it when I hear on youtube videos when they say here is a new product from Hansshow.

ive had mine for a few months on my 23 MYP

its a love/hate relationship

cons are its really buggy. frequent crashes, seems to reset its memory just about almost everyday back to what it was out of the box
and it also seems like the bluetooth to unlock my isnt working 100% like it was before, since installing screen i get like 30% when the picks up my phone and unlocks the car. now i fnd myself having to always cycle bluetooth on/off to get car to unlock. so annoying!

i got a ahold of them on whatsapp and they send me a file to install but i lost the usb stick

can i use any usb stick or does it need to have the required files and folders on it?

ive had mine for a few months on my 23 MYP

its a love/hate relationship

cons are its really buggy. frequent crashes, seems to reset its memory just about almost everyday back to what it was out of the box
and it also seems like the bluetooth to unlock my isnt working 100% like it was before, since installing screen i get like 30% when the picks up my phone and unlocks the car. now i fnd myself having to always cycle bluetooth on/off to get car to unlock. so annoying!

i got a ahold of them on whatsapp and they send me a file to install but i lost the usb stick

can i use any usb stick or does it need to have the required files and folders on it?
Ahh haha, I had the same exact issue. It was very frustrating all the setting went back to factory once exiting the car. But the good news is the new zip file solved this issue. Everything works like a charm so far.

And speaking about Hansshow, I really hope people stop buying products from that place. I make sure I buy from Aliexpress or Alibaba where Hansshow just gets the same product anyway. They honestly don't know the products 100% when I ask them questions and from what I see they are supposed to support the product but they suck at doing that. They just a glorified drop shipper with great marketing. I hate it when I hear on youtube videos when they say here is a new product from Hansshow.

Any chance you have a link or the search term(s) to look for on Aliexpress or Alibaba to find the same product (F9 9 inch display)? Thank you very much for the help!