Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the black friday hansshow or current aliexpress price...

1710014294805.png

Reactions: flai54
Is anyone happy with this screen? I was hoping to install it or something similar.

I like it. I've had mine installed for several months now. I bought it over Black Friday and installed it in my 2020 Model 3. That had an Intel processor and that was a pain to get connected. Last month I traded the Model 3 in for a 2024 Model Y (couldn't pass up the tax credit + inventory discount), plus FSD transfer. Installing is MUCH easier with an AMD Ryzen processor.

The AMD Ryzen appears to have a richer set of data that gets sent to the F9. For example, when braking (either via regen or using the brake pedal), when the F9 was in my Model 3, the brake lights in the display never illuminated. With the AMD Ryzen in my Model Y, the brake lights illuminate in the display. Likewise with the headlights.

If you have an Intel instead of AMD processor, you can expect to see some differences.

Reactions: valuebuyer
Folks who have this screen, would you recommend this to others? This thread has lots of teething issues being discussed but overall would you recommend this screen?

I think most of the folks having issues appear to be one-off issues, and when they've reached out to Hansshow, firmware updates have been provided. I had one small issue, and they provided me a FW update that I installed. The display has been perfectly fine since then so I've not had any need to seek out a different firmware version (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

The only issue that I have is a very minor one. I have my timezone set to UTC-4 right now (during standard time it's UTC-5). When set like that, the F9 clock is aligned with the car's clock. The "issue" I have ONLY appears if I have Bluetooth enabled on the F9 to activate CarPlay. If I do, and CarPlay activates, the F9 clock if "off" by 8-9 hours. This is only visible if I tap the Car icon to go back to the F9 native UI. Not a huge deal by any stretch. It's almost like the F9 inherits the clock data from the phone instead of from the car.

This leads me to believe that the car sends the time data via ODB in UTC format, rather than local time, hence the need to select a time zone offset in the F9. BUT, if the phone sends time data in a format other than local time, I can see why the F9 would display the incorrect time.

Reactions: valuebuyer
Thanks for a detailed response. By the way, will this screen show navigation from car or will only show navigation using CarPlay or Android auto? Meaning, in Model S or X, while the large screen in the middle shows the overall navigation, the dash screen behind the steering wheel shows zoomed in view. Will this screen be able to do that or only phone nav?
I think most of the folks having issues appear to be one-off issues, and when they've reached out to Hansshow, firmware updates have been provided. I had one small issue, and they provided me a FW update that I installed. The display has been perfectly fine since then so I've not had any need to seek out a different firmware version (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)......

I just received this screen and the camera and am hoping to install it soon. I had a question about running the wire for the camera. Between these 2 options which one would you recommend?
  1. Cutting a small hole in the left side (passenger side) rubber grommet to pass the wire Video example VS
  2. Just pulling the rubber for the firewall and passing it through the gap without cutting a hole Video example

I just received this screen and the camera and am hoping to install it soon. I had a question about running the wire for the camera. Between these 2 options which one would you recommend?
  1. Cutting a small hole in the left side (passenger side) rubber grommet to pass the wire Video example VS
  2. Just pulling the rubber for the firewall and passing it through the gap without cutting a hole Video example
Cutting a hole is a bit more "permanent" but either should work. In the second video he said his seals well but also concedes cutting a small hole may be safer. When I had my Model 3, I made a small hole and pushed the wire through. It was very, very tight, so I wasn't concerned about leaks or anything -- that part of the car was completely protected/dry anyway. In the end, I think either way is fine. Go with whichever way you think is better.