Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rousseau Are you having the same issue with the Waze app not loading correctly on Android Auto with the April 1 2024 update?

I unfortunately cannot test Android Auto as I do not have an Android device.

I can confirm that CarPlay is working perfectly, including the Waze app in CarPlay. Notably the Linux F9-C display will automatically launch CarPlay and connect to my phone when I enter the Tesla with my phone remaining in my pocket.

Has anyone figured out how to get to the screen where it shows all the version details? I tried the ways some people previous posted up but that does not seem to be working anymore.
Yeah, I noticed that on mine also. I can't get the version info. In their two other screens that I owned you just hold the right scroll wheel, left I believe, and it displays the version. I can't get it to display on this one though.

Has anyone figured out how to get to the screen where it shows all the version details? I tried the ways some people previous posted up but that does not seem to be working anymore.
Have you tried reaching out to Hansshow and ask them? I heard the version screen was removed some time ago but yeah this is where it is hard to troubleshoot if one is not able to find the software version.

Android version.
Wait a second isn't there a difference between the firmware for the Android and Linux versions? I believe the April 1 update that rousseau provided was just for the Linux version. Perhaps maybe that is why it the Waze thing wasn't working on that update?

It sounds like your Feb 28th build is just for the Android version but is not compatible with the Linux version. I get confused as to whether there are suppose to be separate files for the Android and Linux builds.

I think people need to start clarifying if they are posting a firmware file for availability to identify if it is Linux or Android build.

Based on what I have seen so far
Linux version = April 1, 2024 (rousseau)
Android version = Feb 28 2024 (PapaWangsta)

Just because there was an April 1 update for the Linux version does not necessarily mean that an Android version was updated as well. I think you would need to reach out to Hansshow to confirm if there is always a corresponding build between both the Linux and Android versions. So theoretically there should be a corresponding Android April 1 build but we don't know for sure. I don't know how significantly different the builds are but it is strange to me that flashing the "incorrect" firmware file somehow didn't do something to your Android version device. I just wish they would post their firmware files on the Hansshow website which I don't understand why they stopped doing that with the last 2 displays.

Last edited:
I think people need to start clarifying if they are posting a firmware file for availability to identify if it is Linux or Android build.

Based on what I have seen so far
Linux version = April 1, 2024 (rousseau)
Android version = Feb 28 2024 (PapaWangsta)

Just because there was an April 1 update for the Linux version does not necessarily mean that an Android version was updated as well. I think you would need to reach out to Hansshow to confirm if there is always a corresponding build between both the Linux and Android versions. So theoretically there should be a corresponding Android April 1 build but we don't know for sure. I don't know how significantly different the builds are but it is strange to me that flashing the "incorrect" firmware file somehow didn't do something to your Android version device. I just wish they would post their firmware files on the Hansshow website which I don't understand why they stopped doing that with the last 2 displays.
I don't think it needs to be tracked too extensively. As a multiple-time Hansshow screen owner, they typically will release one or two updates before they move on to new projects. I could see, as long as the most recent update doesn't break anything, there being no more updates provided by Hansshow for these screens.

Also, still don't know where/how to install SIM card.
Try this.
IMG-20240425-WA0000.jpg