Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In terms of an easy way to toggle in and out of Carplay, I still feel like a swipe gesture would be appreciated instead of having to navigate several options just to toggle between the two types of views.

A quick way to start CarPlay: say out loud "Hey, Siri". The display should automatically start CarPlay mode, just need to wait a few seconds in silence afterwards for Siri to stop listening for a command.

I just installed the Android version of the F9 display, but every time I click on the Android icon, it just tells me "invalid" and won't allow me to use the android system. Car is in park and doors are closed. Hansshow support told me to turn off bluetooth and that still doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I just installed the Android version of the F9 display, but every time I click on the Android icon, it just tells me "invalid" and won't allow me to use the android system. Car is in park and doors are closed. Hansshow support told me to turn off bluetooth and that still doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

To answer my own question, you also have to turn off WIFI, as well as bluetooth. Now it works.

Reactions: flai54
Hi,

Recently, I upgraded to the new UI using the files posted on the Tesstudio website. A YouTuber mentioned that he received confirmation from Hansshow that these files would work for the F9 as well. However, after upgrading, CarPlay does not connect properly. Each time, I have to restart the F9 once or twice to get CarPlay to connect. I tried reinstalling the update three times (it takes around 1 hour), but it still doesn't work. I contacted Hansshow support on WhatsApp, but they only provided an update file relevant to the old UI. Is there any way to reset the F9 completely to its original version?

Hi,

Recently, I upgraded to the new UI using the files posted on the Tesstudio website. A YouTuber mentioned that he received confirmation from Hansshow that these files would work for the F9 as well. However, after upgrading, CarPlay does not connect properly. Each time, I have to restart the F9 once or twice to get CarPlay to connect. I tried reinstalling the update three times (it takes around 1 hour), but it still doesn't work. I contacted Hansshow support on WhatsApp, but they only provided an update file relevant to the old UI. Is there any way to reset the F9 completely to its original version?
So you used to have the 'old' UI on your F9. You then used a different manufacturer's firmware to give your self a 'new' UI. Now screen is giving various issues. Hansshow gave you the original 'old' firmware for you to rollback to a working unit. Now you are looking for a way to reset your unit to it's original/OLD version?

Am I missing something huge here?

Hansshow did not provide the original 'old' firmware to roll back to a working unit. They are only providing the firmware update file for the F9 model. The "new UI" firmware consists of three update folders, as you can see here (the second update folder is similar to the ones we get from Hansshow in .img format). Also, Tesstudio's original UI is the same as Hansshow's. As I mentioned, a YouTuber received confirmation from Hansshow that the new UI would work. That is why I upgraded to the new UI. The main problem is that it is difficult to obtain the complete original firmware of the F9 model. So, yes, I am looking for a way to reset my unit to its original/old version. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Hansshow did not provide the original 'old' firmware to roll back to a working unit. They are only providing the firmware update file for the F9 model. The "new UI" firmware consists of three update folders, as you can see here (the second update folder is similar to the ones we get from Hansshow in .img format). Also, Tesstudio's original UI is the same as Hansshow's. As I mentioned, a YouTuber received confirmation from Hansshow that the new UI would work. That is why I upgraded to the new UI. The main problem is that it is difficult to obtain the complete original firmware of the F9 model. So, yes, I am looking for a way to reset my unit to its original/old version. I hope this helps. Thank you.
Ahh. Now I understand. Curious, why you'd want the original file as there have been a few updates provided by Hansshow?

Also, do you have the regular Linux-based F9 or the Android system?

Last edited:
Ahh. Now I understand. Curious, why you'd want the original file as there have been a few updates provided by Hansshow?

Also, do you have the regular Linux-based F9 or the Android system?
Thanks. The problem with the update file provided by Hanshow is that it is not compatible with the old UI. When I install the update, it breaks, and many features get stuck between the old and new UI. However, CarPlay connects automatically. For the time being, I've shifted to the new UI and just keep restarting the device.

Hi,

Do you own the F9 or the FY9-C product? Those are 2 different products even though they look very similar. Most people are talking about this product here F9 display in this thread. From the sounds of it you might have the FY9-C product? Define old UI? Is the original FY9-C UI or F9 UI?

badluck, i had used the hansshow support center firmware [8.9_CP_AHD_TBOX定制1升级文件二231226.zip]
and my display become black, can not change.
do not know how to fix it.....
Download a later firmware version. Bibena just posted a new update for the Android version of the device. Just to confirm do you have the Android version or Linux version?

Reactions: yyyl
Do you own the F9 or the FY9-C product? Those are 2 different products even though they look very similar. Most people are talking about this product here F9 display in this thread. From the sounds of it you might have the FY9-C product? Define old UI? Is the original FY9-C UI or F9 UI?
I own the F9 - Linux version. Yes, both are different products. The original (or old) UI of the FY9-C is the same as the current UI of F9 (or at least I believe so; that's why Hansshow told the YouTuber that it is compatible). If you buy the latest FY9-C, it comes with the new UI. I did install the latest Linux update for the F9, but "the problem with the update file provided by Hansshow is that it is not compatible with the new UI (there was a typo in my previous comment). When I install the update, it breaks, and many features get stuck between the old and new UI." I'll try to get some images of these and post it here later.

I own the F9 - Linux version. Yes, both are different products. The original (or old) UI of the FY9-C is the same as the current UI of F9 (or at least I believe so; that's why Hansshow told the YouTuber that it is compatible). If you buy the latest FY9-C, it comes with the new UI. I did install the latest Linux update for the F9, but "the problem with the update file provided by Hansshow is that it is not compatible with the new UI (there was a typo in my previous comment). When I install the update, it breaks, and many features get stuck between the old and new UI." I'll try to get some images of these and post it here later.
So you can't just reflash an old F9 UI firmware file say from like Feb 2024 to fix the problem? I assume its because the new UI is looking for certain images or stuff with the .img file to rollback to but can't so it gets stuck?

Exactly!!! I'm looking for the complete set of F9's old UI firmware and can't find it, or ways to reset it to the factory version.
Just curious do you have a screenshot of the firmware version numbers for the 4 items below? I am assuming you know how to grab that?

1716490470359.png

Just curious do you have a screenshot of the firmware version numbers for the 4 items below? I am assuming you know how to grab that?

View attachment 1049873
Sure, here you go! The OS and CAN versions are the same. The MCU version is 2023. Someone mentioned in the previous comments that updating their MCU fixed the CarPlay problem. I'll check for that.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 8
Sure, here you go! The OS and CAN versions are the same. The MCU version is 2023. Someone mentioned in the previous comments that updating their MCU fixed the CarPlay problem. I'll check for that.

How did you manage to get this information window to pop up?! I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and cannot get it to show me the firmware/MCU/etc version. I have tried highlighting the 'OTA upgrade' 'Update' button in blue, and then pressing towards 9-o'clock the right-side-steering-wheel-button without effect. Thank you for any help you may provide!

How did you manage to get this information window to pop up?! I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and cannot get it to show me the firmware/MCU/etc version. I have tried highlighting the 'OTA upgrade' 'Update' button in blue, and then pressing towards 9-o'clock the right-side-steering-wheel-button without effect. Thank you for any help you may provide!
Even I tried so much, and I was about to give up. Finally, I clicked on the update button, which brought up a pop-up message with "download" or "NO" options. Navigate to "NO" with your right scroll button and then follow the instructions suggested by others: "Scroll to highlight the 'NO' (instead of 'update') button under OTA upgrade. On the right scroll wheel, click right and hold. After a few seconds, a pop-up appears with the build number of the various components." Let me know if you still face issues, I'll give it a try again.