Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep us up to date on your situation. I really hope that it can be revived somehow. Kinda scary that it happened to you.
So I got an replay from Hansshow trough email, and looks like they didn't even bother to read about the issue or watch the provided video that clearly shows that I can't perform any updates.
Screenshot_20240626_003112_Gmail.jpg

They just shared the files: (I hope those are for Android)
CAN
Android System (straight from Hansshow)

Attachments

• 仪表协议软件解决原车系统24.20.1问题update.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 12
So I got an replay from Hansshow trough email, and looks like they didn't even bother to read about the issue or watch the provided video that clearly shows that I can't perform any updates.
View attachment 1059817

They just shared the files: (I hope those are for Android)
CAN
Android System (straight from Hansshow)
not that i need them but your Google drive links require requesting accesss...so you might want to change the permissions under General Access to "Anyone with the link" and "Viewer" so that it doesn't pester you with emails from people requesting access. I learned this when I first started sharing my files.

Them providing you the files doesn't do much for you right? What did they say when you couldn't boot up the system correctly?

not that i need them but your Google drive links require requesting accesss...so you might want to change the permissions under General Access to "Anyone with the link" and "Viewer" so that it doesn't pester you with emails from people requesting access. I learned this when I first started sharing my files.
Ok let me fix that, although app is attached but CAN is not compressed so can't just straight upload it because system is flagging the extension

Them providing you the files doesn't do much for you right? What did they say when you couldn't boot up the system correctly?
It's fixed, ty for bringing that to my attention

It's fixed, ty for bringing that to my attention
Just verified and it works. BTW the CAN file looks similar to what I received from Hansshow last week but I could be wrong. Hansshow provided CAN v3.1 to be with the same name that is your file. But I ended up doing the CAN OTA button and it installed CAN v3.2.1-L which seems to be a later version of the CAN. I wonder if the CAN file you provided is v3.2.1.

So what is the status of your F9 display now? The SD card didn't work and the USB stick didn't work? Is your F9 display still shot?

which CAN binary file are you referring to? Are you referring to the v3.2.1 for the Tesla 2024.20.1 update? What APP build do you have installed? I would suggest installing the 20240618 APP build and the latest v3.2.1 CAN update since the latest APP build has a button configuration for LHD and RHD vehicles.
Well yes, I'm not sure about the version now that I have a blank display it's whatever it was shipped with from the factory. But whatever CAN version is now compatible with 2024.20.1 I'm running is fine.
For the APP I have the June build already, because I always updated the APP through USB (so I have the IVT244.img files), but it's the first time (and probably last) I attempted to update CAN using OTA... mainly because it worked ok before the battery/range issues of 2024.20 so I saw no point in upgrading it...

Well yes, I'm not sure about the version now that I have a blank display it's whatever it was shipped with from the factory. But whatever CAN version is now compatible with 2024.20.1 I'm running is fine.
For the APP I have the June build already, because I always updated the APP through USB (so I have the IVT244.img files), but it's the first time (and probably last) I attempted to update CAN using OTA... mainly because it worked ok before the battery/range issues of 2024.20 so I saw no point in upgrading it...
not sure what you mean by you have a blank display. Do you have a screenshot?

I just flashed IVT244.img ver 20240618. I'm not sure when the CAN was updated (whether from this img or from my previous OTA update). But I am now up to date with the APP and CAN. Yay. Thanks flai54.

Anyway, that's not important. My main reason for posting is to note that I too had a blank screen after updating. I rebooted a couple of times, but no love. However, I recall from previous posts that you need to let the system marinate for a while. So I just stepped away for maybe 1/2 hour to 1 hour doing some other stuff. I went back to the car and lo and behold, the F9's interface is up and running.

I just flashed IVT244.img ver 20240618. I'm not sure when the CAN was updated (whether from this img or from my previous OTA update). But I am now up to date with the APP and CAN. Yay. Thanks flai54.

Anyway, that's not important. My main reason for posting is to note that I too had a blank screen after updating. I rebooted a couple of times, but no love. However, I recall from previous posts that you need to let the system marinate for a while. So I just stepped away for maybe 1/2 hour to 1 hour doing some other stuff. I went back to the car and lo and behold, the F9's interface is up and running.
Just to clarify there is no such thing as needing to let the system "marinate" to revive the F9 screen graphics. All you really need to do following a firmware update after the firmware reboot where you get the blank screen is that you need to exit the car, walk away or lock the car....wait like 15 seconds to simulate the car going to sleep and then unlock the car and your F9 screen will come back. I have done this for several firmware upgrades and works every time.

Logically coming back a half an hour later is the same as opening the car for the first time after exiting and locking the car.

Last edited:
I would stick with the Tesstudio UI files for now and try to only install FY9 files so that it doesn't break compatibility in the future. There has got to be updated FY9 files somewhere that doesn't break your setup because otherwise the FY9 display owners would be stuck in a March 2024 build. Might need to reach out to Hansshow on Whatsapp to see if they have updated firmware files that work with the FY9 display and not the F9 display. Also for Hansshow you don't need to purchase the product from them for them to provide you the files. I have asked them just fine with no problems.
I contacted Hansshow regarding the update files for FY9, and they mentioned that the update process is similar to that of the F9 via OTA. I'll give it another shot by installing all the FY9 UI files (tried 3 times in the past), hoping that this resolves the CarPlay connection issues.

Just to clarify there is no such thing as needing to let the system "marinate" to revive the F9 screen graphics. All you really need to do following a firmware update after the firmware reboot where you get the blank screen is that you need to exit the car, walk away or lock the car....wait like 15 seconds to simulate the car going to sleep and then unlock the car and your F9 screen will come back. I have done this for several firmware upgrades and works every time.

Logically coming back a half an hour later is the same as opening the car for the first time after exiting and locking the car.
Don't take things so literally. I used the term "marinate" to mean exactly that.

But thanks anyway

Don't take things so literally. I used the term "marinate" to mean exactly that.

But thanks anyway
I didn't misinterpret what you said. My main point was talking about the time required for the marination. I was just saying there is no need to wait 30 minutes or up to several hours that someone once said to "marinate" and that the true fix isn't to keep rebooting the display post update without locking the vehicle. This wasn't really directed at you as so much for anyone who might read this and freak out if there is actually a specific "marinate" time needed post update to let the car sit in...in order to revive the car graphics. I was just trying to set the record straight that none of that is required. There have been posts where people freaked out about their display graphics not showing up post update and thought the update broke something.

Last edited:
Another entirely different question: does anyone know how to get to this UI?

F9-screen-1.jpg

Back in January when I was using the old firmware, Hansshow told me this in email:

1. Click the right scroll wheel to the right to enter the UI selection interface.
2. Three sets of memory UI selection interfaces

The above instructions no longer work for me. After the recent firmware update, my F9 is displaying the dual gauge UI (the right one showing horsepower LOL). Please someone, tell me how to change it back to the picture above.

Another entirely different question: does anyone know how to get to this UI?

View attachment 1060121

Back in January when I was using the old firmware, Hansshow told me this in email:

1. Click the right scroll wheel to the right to enter the UI selection interface.
2. Three sets of memory UI selection interfaces

The above instructions no longer work for me. After the recent firmware update, my F9 is displaying the dual gauge UI (the right one showing horsepower LOL). Please someone, tell me how to change it back to the picture above.
Its under Settings under Theme and I think it is either UI1 or UI3.

Its under Settings under Theme and I think it is either UI1 or UI3.
Its U1 and the one I seem to like the most as it the speedometer big in the center.
Can you share the comparison tool/app you use used to verify the version from the download links ?
Would be good if I can check the file to see if they updated it before waiting my time with the whole process since the file name is always the same.

Reactions: flai54
Its U1 and the one I seem to like the most as it the speedometer big in the center.
Can you share the comparison tool/app you use used to verify the version from the download links ?
Would be good if I can check the file to see if they updated it before waiting my time with the whole process since the file name is always the same.
Its a commercial tool called "Beyond Compare" but it is a licensed tool but I am sure there is some freeware out there that you can find that does the same thing. Most of the ".img" file is unreadable text but at the very end of the file it has the timestamp listed. That is really all I look it besides the fact that I see that bits have changed in between address rows.

Reactions: Panthers1