Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hansshow sent an update the other day to attempt a fix for the non-CAN bus autopilot blue steering wheel issue, but it only worked once, which is really strange.
It was update V3.0.230313. The steering wheel went blue one time in CAN 1, if I remember right. Then I started testing other combos of CAN / UI and none of them worked, even the original one.

Oh the seller messaged me back to say this is the new UI, so just what we already know about.
161260EF-0977-4111-BE07-5CB44C7412EE.png

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Mine is being delivered today! 😆

Probably won’t get to install it this weekend though, as I’m looking after our daughter on my own 😢

Just stick her in the back seat and go to town! Should be able to finish it in 1-2 hours. That's really not bad. Probably most of the time is pausing watching the video on removing the dash. Putting it back together will be the fastest.

Just stick her in the back seat and go to town! Should be able to finish it in 1-2 hours. That's really not bad. Probably most of the time is pausing watching the video on removing the dash. Putting it back together will be the fastest.
Yeah I might just stick her on the iPad while I do it!

Oh and in case anyone was in doubt, the one from Aliexpress is 100% the Hansshow one:
16279419-F9AA-481F-92EB-2B779EEE1C68.jpeg

Yeah I might just stick her on the iPad while I do it!

Oh and in case anyone was in doubt, the one from Aliexpress is 100% the Hansshow one:View attachment 918486
So basically Hansshow sell both from their own website and alibaba.

If they make money off of the 145 USD alibaba offer, then people paying 253 on their own website are paying way to much.

Also, if i select Denmark, the price goes up by 37 USD, but "Free shipping"

Why not just have it at the same price and then ask the 37 for shipping.

Some might say "Does not matter" but importing from China adds 25% VAT on to the price but only for the cost of the goods, not the shipping fee, so i have to pay 37 USD plus 25% VAT on the 37 USD, adding another 10 USD to the price that would not be there, if they had put the 37 as shipping

Mine just showed up, but doesn't seem to have directions. Has anyone installed this on a 2018 yet? The cord is VERY different from the 4" display model this one is replacing. Perhaps I can use the old cable and just plug the new display in

Last edited:
So basically Hansshow sell both from their own website and alibaba.

If they make money off of the 145 USD alibaba offer, then people paying 253 on their own website are paying way to much.

Also, if i select Denmark, the price goes up by 37 USD, but "Free shipping"

Why not just have it at the same price and then ask the 37 for shipping.

Some might say "Does not matter" but importing from China adds 25% VAT on to the price but only for the cost of the goods, not the shipping fee, so i have to pay 37 USD plus 25% VAT on the 37 USD, adding another 10 USD to the price that would not be there, if they had put the 37 as shipping
You always have to pay VAT on top of Aliexpress prices mate.

At least Aliexpress charge the VAT at point of sale. iirc orders from Hansshow are charged VAT when it arrives in your country, before the courier will deliver it to you.

But I’m not sure how third party sellers are able to sell Hansshow’s parts so much cheaper than Hansshow themselves, but it is China, much of the things that happen in China are unusual.

Reactions: hmadsen
Mine just showed up, but doesn't seem to have directions. Has anyone installed this on a 2018 yet?

At least Aliexpress charge the VAT at point of sale. iirc orders from Hansshow are charged VAT when it arrives in your country, before the courier will deliver it to you.

But I’m not sure how third party sellers are able to sell Hansshow’s parts so much cheaper than Hansshow themselves, but it is China, much of the things that happen in China are unusual.

Oh is that why I'm charged a "foreign fee" as a separate charge?

Here it is maybe a bit different.

If i pay $200 for this on aliexpress, when it arrives here, the postal service will intercept it, and send me a bill for VAT and handling, that needs to be paid before the package is released.

VAT is 25% on top, so that means that this is an additional $50 and then there is the handling fee of $23, paid to the postal service. The $23 is a fixed amount, no matter if it is a $5 item or a $5000 item.

This is why it is often times cheaper and faster to buy from a seller within the EU, as there is no delay while i pay for VAT and handling, and you KNOW the price before you press buy.

Sadly it seems Hansshow does not have any European warehouses or resellers.

Here it is maybe a bit different.

If i pay $200 for this on aliexpress, when it arrives here, the postal service will intercept it, and send me a bill for VAT and handling, that needs to be paid before the package is released.

VAT is 25% on top, so that means that this is an additional $50 and then there is the handling fee of $23, paid to the postal service. The $23 is a fixed amount, no matter if it is a $5 item or a $5000 item.

This is why it is often times cheaper and faster to buy from a seller within the EU, as there is no delay while i pay for VAT and handling, and you KNOW the price before you press buy.

Sadly it seems Hansshow does not have any European warehouses or resellers.
That’s strange, everything we buy from aliexpress has the VAT added at checkout these days. Maybe that is due to Brexit then.