Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(I should have asked a Y/N question) So: because it IS still on the right side?
Yes its still on the right hand side, very nice and close! 👍🏼

One slight issue I have with it is it looks like it’s not level, I think just because the air vent is sloped. I guess I’ll get used to it.
ECF11BDC-4F2B-44C0-B590-74C88B9E19C8.jpeg

Reactions: HeyEph
do you get the blue flashing at the top of the screen telling you to put your hands on the wheel? I’m not getting it on mine, I’ve tried can 1 and can 2
I do not, my understanding is that the early cars (mine is pre 10,000 VIN) don't support it. It could also be that I didn't use the cable that came with the display, reusing the one that came with the 4" display one I already had installed. The wheel doesn't turn blue when I am on AP or FSD either. Known issue I saw in posts above

I do not, my understanding is that the early cars (mine is pre 10,000 VIN) don't support it. It could also be that I didn't use the cable that came with the display, reusing the one that came with the 4" display one I already had installed. The wheel doesn't turn blue when I am on AP or FSD either. Known issue I saw in posts above
My wheel does turns blue.

Mine is Ryzen, so guess I should have the blue flashing?

Hi - Yours looks very "OEM" - thank you for the pictures. I an looking to order one of these as looks cool and the size seems ideal. So, in your install on a RHD car (in UK) you didn't have to remove the wooden dash? Doesn't this need to be removed so that the fabric skirt can be re-attached to the new piece?

I like the 5.16 inch display over the 4.5 inch display because the UI can simulate the Autopilot lines when driving which are nice which the 4.5 inch display just doesn't have enough screen real estate to show that. I think it does a better job of copying the 15 inch screen UI.

Hi - Yours looks very "OEM" - thank you for the pictures. I an looking to order one of these as looks cool and the size seems ideal. So, in your install on a RHD car (in UK) you didn't have to remove the wooden dash? Doesn't this need to be removed so that the fabric skirt can be re-attached to the new piece?
You don’t actually need to take the dash top off on LHD either, but both footwell panels need to be removed and the cable threaded behind the centre console. This is how its done:

Hansshow sent an update the other day to attempt a fix for the non-CAN bus autopilot blue steering wheel issue, but it only worked once, which is really strange.
It was update V3.0.230313. The steering wheel went blue one time in CAN 1, if I remember right. Then I started testing other combos of CAN / UI and none of them worked, even the original one.
Just noticed the firmware version they sent you is newer than mine! Could you possibly share it with me so I can try and fix the lack of hands on wheel flashing please? 🙏