Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a new 6.2 inch display by VJoycar sells but it has a different UI from Hansshow. Looks interesting but obviously not going to swap my 5.1 inch display right now after installing it.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805291157201.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Hmm very interesting. They always have to mess something up though - what the hell is that horrible font for the main speed display, ughh! Is it that hard to match OEM (like they pretty much did with the smaller text, siigh)? And looks like you're stuck with white avatar car on the dark theme, black on the light theme, and red for follow distance 🤔. So close to great!

Reactions: flai54
Hmm very interesting. They always have to mess something up though - what the hell is that horrible font for the main speed display, ughh! Is it that hard to match OEM (like they pretty much did with the smaller text, siigh)? And looks like you're stuck with white avatar car on the dark theme, black on the light theme, and red for follow distance 🤔. So close to great!
I agree the font is a bit weird and they don't offer more than 1 UI. The product page claims 2 UIs...but really that is just Light and Dark mode. I also don't know if it offers the blue lane keeping for autopilot. It doesn't seem like it which is why I wanted to get the 5.16 inch display vs the 4.6 inch display.

I also don't know why these Chinese products prefer to spell MPH and KPH as MP/H and KM/H which is annoying and Hansshow is guilty as well which they should fix.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Hey quick question, do you guys still like the display after a whille? I'm looking into installing one for my partner as she finds it hard to keep glancing over for speedometer. Also not sure if I should just get the one from Hansshow website or from Aliexpress for this. Thanks all.

There is a new 6.2 inch display by VJoycar sells but it has a different UI from Hansshow. Looks interesting but obviously not going to swap my 5.1 inch display right now after installing it.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805291157201.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Nice to see more choice. Doesn't seem to be anything new and special with this one though.

In fact it still has the follow distance showing which is basically dead at this point.

Also seem to have a lot of empty unused screen space.

what I'm really looking for is something that let's me see the navigation on the driver display and cameras and music on the main center screen. Unfortunally this only seems to be on units with Apple Carplay or Android Auto. This means larger screens and much higher price. Also means you have to do the navi inputs on the 4rd party screen.

Nice to see more choice. Doesn't seem to be anything new and special with this one though.

In fact it still has the follow distance showing which is basically dead at this point.

Also seem to have a lot of empty unused screen space.

what I'm really looking for is something that let's me see the navigation on the driver display and cameras and music on the main center screen. Unfortunally this only seems to be on units with Apple Carplay or Android Auto. This means larger screens and much higher price. Also means you have to do the navi inputs on the 4rd party screen.
I mean I don't see anything special either but I do like that they still kept the steering wheel column form factor. I think the largest screen that has the steering wheel column form factor is 8 inches but I don't like the UI and I don't think it has carplay or AA either.

I think you need to go with the 9 or 10 inch displays if you are looking for all that information especially if you want apple carplay and android auto. With a 5.1 inch screen that would be impossible to do. From what I have been reading the 9 to 10 inch displays with Apple Carplay and AA are a bit clunky.

Hey quick question, do you guys still like the display after a whille? I'm looking into installing one for my partner as she finds it hard to keep glancing over for speedometer. Also not sure if I should just get the one from Hansshow website or from Aliexpress for this. Thanks all.
The 5.16 inch display just came out so its hard to say how the display will pan out in the long term. For me if I upgrade it will really depend on what another display will provide in terms of features. Ideally I would like a bigger display but not sacrifice the stock type of look that I get from the 15 inch display.

I personally bought mine from Aliexpress and its pretty much the same unit. I think you just don't get the official Hansshow box but the harness and unit are exactly the same. Buying from Hansshow they still ship directly from China so its pretty much the same thing.

Well this’ll be an issue for those of us with Aux screens:
Why would this be an issue for those with Aux screens?

Well, at the moment you can control your Aux screen with the scroll wheel and with the most recent update it has zero effect on the car as they no longer let you set the following distance with that wheel, but this future update they are talking about that wheel is gonna be VERY busy in the near future and it will be interesting trying to talk to a screen that has no other inputs.

Until the new release is out we won't really know if the impact will make it hard or ugly to control, perhaps we can leave things as they are if we don't want things to change we just don't make the change in settings. We'll see.

Well, at the moment you can control your Aux screen with the scroll wheel and with the most recent update it has zero effect on the car as they no longer let you set the following distance with that wheel, but this future update they are talking about that wheel is gonna be VERY busy in the near future and it will be interesting trying to talk to a screen that has no other inputs.

Until the new release is out we won't really know if the impact will make it hard or ugly to control, perhaps we can leave things as they are if we don't want things to change we just don't make the change in settings. We'll see.
Isn't the proposed Tesla update only affect the left scroll wheel? I mean setting the car distance and getting into the Hansshow display options control is using the right scroll wheel. They shouldn't be in conflict with each other.

The 5.16 inch display just came out so its hard to say how the display will pan out in the long term. For me if I upgrade it will really depend on what another display will provide in terms of features. Ideally I would like a bigger display but not sacrifice the stock type of look that I get from the 15 inch display.

I personally bought mine from Aliexpress and its pretty much the same unit. I think you just don't get the official Hansshow box but the harness and unit are exactly the same. Buying from Hansshow they still ship directly from China so its pretty much the same thing.

Why would this be an issue for those with Aux screens?
Hey thanks for the input, I ended up with the AliExpress link you guys posted. I did message the seller to ask if they are the authorized seller for Hansshow and their response is yes (not sure if that's really the case), they did assure that they will send me software updates if needed. Got some coupon applied which brought it down to $126 after tax so I jumped, guess that will make me feel better if any chances I don't like the unit.

Hey thanks for the input, I ended up with the AliExpress link you guys posted. I did message the seller to ask if they are the authorized seller for Hansshow and their response is yes (not sure if that's really the case), they did assure that they will send me software updates if needed. Got some coupon applied which brought it down to $126 after tax so I jumped, guess that will make me feel better if any chances I don't like the unit.
Just for your clarification the NanYang seller does not provide firmware updates. They are just the marketplace reseller of the Hansshow unit.

I was able to install the latest firmware update (20230330) from the Hansshow website since that is the actual company who makes the product.

I also don't know why these Chinese products prefer to spell MPH and KPH as MP/H and KM/H which is annoying and Hansshow is guilty as well which they should fix.
It's because it actually IS KM/H, just like it's M/H, but here we use MPH more commonly, so KPH is something that we say when trying to talk in their units, but they don't phrase it that way. Hopefully we get an update, a LOT of people posted questions about it and the Blue flashing to their questions section on HansShows' site.

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of what UI3 looks like? I wonder if they fixed the autopilot blue light warning on UI2.

UI31.jpg

Attachments

• UI32.jpg
    UI32.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 83
What was the issue with Blue Light warning? I should be able to test if you describe the issue.
So in the 20230330 latest firmware update, Hansshow fixed an issue where when you are using Autopilot and especially with UI1 with the lane keeping animation, when you have your hands off the wheel for a certain period of time, on the 15 inch screen you get that blinking blue light warning to retain control of the wheel. Well before the 20230330 firmware came out the display was not showing the same blue light warning. With the new 20230330 firmware, the blue light warning is working on UI1 but not on UI2 on the mini display just like the 15 inch display.

This youtube video below summarizes the issue with the lack of blue light warning on UI2. If you look at the 1:30 and 2:35 marks you will see the blue light warning on UI1. Then if you fast forward to around 4:25 and 8:00 you will see he tries the same test on UI2 and you can see the blue light warning only showed up on the 15 inch screen but not the 5.16 inch display. I wonder also now if UI3 has the same issue as UI2. My guess would be that UI3 would have the same issue as UI2. Hopefully this clears it up.

Last edited:
So in the 20230330 latest firmware update, Hansshow fixed an issue where when you are using Autopilot and especially with UI1 with the lane keeping animation, when you have your hands off the wheel for a certain period of time, on the 15 inch screen you get that blinking blue light warning to retain control of the wheel. Well before the 20230330 firmware came out the display was not showing the same blue light warning. With the new 20230330 firmware, the blue light warning is working on UI1 but not on UI2.

This youtube video below summarizes the issue with the lack of blue light warning on UI2. If you look at the 1:30 and 2:35 marks you will see the blue light warning on UI1. Then if you fast forward to around 4:25 and 8:00 you will see he tries the same test on UI2 and you can see the blue light warning only showed up on the 15 inch screen but not the 5.16 inch display. I wonder also now if UI3 has the same issue as UI2. My guess would be that UI3 would have the same issue as UI2. Hopefully this clears it up.
I used both ui1 and ui2, autopilot blue light does work. However, I noticed it‘s not in sequence with main 15’ display. But it does starts flashing blue