Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happiness Guarantee - Discontinued possibly today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just left Tesla in West LA with a friend that just reserved a P90D under one of those inventory lease special's

He was told that Tesla discontinued the Happiness Guarantee today and he won't be eligible for it. I overheard another OA also mention it to another couple that was placing an order as well.

Interesting if it's actually true. Wonder what prompted the change.

Not sure if the happiness guarantee is still around but I'll say it wasn't very comforting for me to know I could return the car for all my money back except that little matter of the $5k I put down. Seems like not that much of a guarantee if you ask me! Then again, I lease my cars so my worst case scenario is I'm stuck with this car for 3 years.

Reactions: chillaban
Not sure if the happiness guarantee is still around but I'll say it wasn't very comforting for me to know I could return the car for all my money back except that little matter of the $5k I put down. Seems like not that much of a guarantee if you ask me! Then again, I lease my cars so my worst case scenario is I'm stuck with this car for 3 years.

I agree. The happiness guarantee requires you to forfeit your order deposit and down payment which more than covers 90 days of depreciation for most people.... it sounds good at first, but in reality I think you would likely do just as well trading in or selling your nearly new car if you were extremely unhappy with it.