Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harry’s review of the highland…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He did make a couple of major bloopers. In explaining the price difference between the RWD and the LR he said that the LR costs 25% more just for a bigger battery. No - you also get an extra motor and all wheel drive.

Later he kept on talking about “radar cruise control”. He clearly doesn’t know that Tesla ditched radar some time ago.

He also didn't mention that in the LR version you get upgraded sound system, better interior materials and of course that extra motor and performance. The AWD would also have meant that when he got playful it would almost certainly not have tripped the traction control as it did on his test drive.

He did make a couple of major bloopers. In explaining the price difference between the RWD and the LR he said that the LR costs 25% more just for a bigger battery. No - you also get an extra motor and all wheel drive.

Later he kept on talking about “radar cruise control”. He clearly doesn’t know that Tesla ditched radar some time ago.
Yeah I thought it was a sloppy review, all told.

The fact he comes from a big petrol head world made this better for me. Yes he doesnt know all the ins and outs of Teslas like the details he includes with Jags, BMWs etc as he is more into the mainstream cars, but Harry was the editor for Evo magazine so knows cars and how to handle / review them. What i liked most is that he pegged the test against other EVs (the lotus, BMW etc) to see what the benchmark was and it was nice to see that he actually gave the tesla good praise. Not all reviewers do. At the end of the day he explained it quite well, Electric cars are made more for going from A to B and Tesla do it better than anyone else. No electric cars really content as well as ICE cars for racing and handling performance as the weight is a big hinderance.

I dont drive to race around roads or on tracks, so the Tesla suits me perfectly from getting A to B.

Reactions: as400