Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had mine installed today in Springfield NJ:

2q81riv.jpg

Edges are a bit up like other white install above, but it's within my "Tesla Tolerance". Will see how it holds and if it bothers me in a few months I will get it rectified.

I contacted my Portland service center about my spoiler. I was told they were prioritizing early performance cars first and an app update would tell me when one was available to me.

Not sure I fully believe that the app is actually tracking this. Anyone else had this explanation?
Yep, I got an app notification at the end of Feb that my spoiler was ready to install at the Portland service center. I live in FL now though, and the service center here canceled my appointment when I made it because they still don't have any spoilers...

Did anybody get the spoiler installed lately? It's been pretty quite. It's now 6 mos for me and still waiting.

I sincerely hope they are recalling all the parts and taking it back to the drawing board. The inconsistent fit is brutal and in the end will cost them more money and just piss people off more. I'd rather wait another 4 months for a proper spoiler than have them constantly try multiple spoilers until one works.

I never got an alert to setup an appointment but I set one up anyways last Thursday for Dublin through the mobile app. On Friday I got a text saying they were cancelling my appointment with the following reason:

"Spoilers for M3 are on hold due to some adhesion concerns. The word is customers due will get some notification when it's back online. Will cancel your appointment unless you have other concerns."

Yes, he actually wrote "M3" :cool:

I sincerely hope they are recalling all the parts and taking it back to the drawing board. The inconsistent fit is brutal and in the end will cost them more money and just piss people off more. I'd rather wait another 4 months for a proper spoiler than have them constantly try multiple spoilers until one works.

@Zoglog,

Agreed. It’s already been 7 months.....might as well push it to a full year.:mad:

Ski

Decided to randomly contact my service center today regarding something else, but they had mentioned they had a few spoilers on hand. Swung by and had it installed within 5 mins! I do see the left side not fully flush with the trunk but nothing that would bug me. I'll be keeping an eye out though for any lifting.

Attachments

• 1922645666.png
    1922645666.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 216
Reactions: is2scooby
I never got an alert to setup an appointment but I set one up anyways last Thursday for Dublin through the mobile app. On Friday I got a text saying they were cancelling my appointment with the following reason:

"Spoilers for M3 are on hold due to some adhesion concerns. The word is customers due will get some notification when it's back online. Will cancel your appointment unless you have other concerns."

Yes, he actually wrote "M3" :cool:

Hope that's the case. What a disaster. Not sure why people are still asking to have them installed. Better to be patient

Got mine installed Monday. Fitment is better than most I've seen here, I helped the tech so that it was a 2-person install. It fits mostly flush on top, with a couple of areas where you could just fit the corner of a sheet of paper underneath. Difficult to appreciate otherwise. The spoiler does not sit entirely flush against the car lip on the extreme ends, both sides. I was told this is intentional by design and given how symmetrical it looks, this seems so to me as well. Very happy with the install.

I called my Bay Area location and was told that a spoiler has to be allocated to my car in order for them to be able to install it. Has anyone else expereienced this?
No. I never received the notification from the Tesla app that my spoiler is ready, nor was I contacted by anyone that it’s ready. I just scheduled an appointment from the app hoping for the best and was contacted by the service center to bring it in anytime.