Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received the 14-50 wall connector yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jan 17, 2019 I ordered front mats, 5 seater mats, cargo mat and the new charger. So far only the front mats showed up. No emails about delivery time on the others. I think the Tesla site is the only place I have shopped in years with no record of past orders or shipping status. The info on build/delivery of my new model X is no more clear after placing that order on January 13.

I’m really curious for someone to pop it open and check the following:

1) Does it have connections to support the daisy-chain of multiple chargers on a shared 50amp line (perhaps with 14-50 splitter).
2) Does it have the power selector to limit max power below 50amp.

Anyone know by chance? I can’t find any details.

Reactions: eprosenx
Got mine delivered last Tuesday. Super easy install. Works great off of my 14-50 plug in my garage.

if you're adventurous enough, could you open up the front panel and take pictures, like the dial, dip switches and where the power is hooked up inside? some of us are interested to see if it could be converted to a regular HPWC later on. (see install guide for regular HPWC for reference: Installation Manuals - Wall Connector)

I made my own awhile back. Works perfectly.

Attachments

• 19ED9398-A627-4787-8717-F96DB66F2D4C.jpeg
    19ED9398-A627-4787-8717-F96DB66F2D4C.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 99417C0D-0EE0-4AA5-AD6A-2822BBE339AD.jpeg
    99417C0D-0EE0-4AA5-AD6A-2822BBE339AD.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 147
Got mine delivered last Tuesday. Super easy install. Works great off of my 14-50 plug in my garage.

Did you take the cover off at all? Is there a rotary dial in it you could use to turn the max current down to say 32a (if you only had a 40a circuit).

We are also curious if it has the ability to be linked to other units to load share a single circuit. Any indications of this on the unit or in the manual?

Pictures would be great! (Curious to see the stickers on the side, the plug cord end, the thickness of the cord to the car, etc...)

Thanks!

On the same boat as others. I ordered it on 1/19 and crickets on shipping info or any info for that matter. I'm trying to persuade others towards Tesla, but I really don't want to discourage them with their awful support and I let them know up front too. Great products and design awful support.