Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone repaired cooling louvers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so when there is enough "air" to cool the central radiator there is no need for AC to help cool it down
Not sure, maybe when it is super hot outside and you hammer it hard, so the temp dissipation of all power components is very high, then maybe it opens either, who knows..
but when supercharing the air is not enough and AC kicks in at cools the radiator, therefore side louvers should open?
Yes, but only if the temp of the batt is approaching the active cooling target temp and the active cooling is needed. If the battery is cool, it is completely quiet, louvers stays closed.

yes, yes, understood.

my car just sounds like a jet engine when SuCing :)
Same here. Fans sound like a harrier jet taking off under these 3 scenarios on our old S85:

1) Supercharging after a 40+ mile drive on a day that is more than 90F.
2) 15 minutes into Supercharging on a warm day with while the A/C is on (fan noise attenuates after turning the A/C off)
3) Supercharging for more than 40 minutes and above 85% SOC.

I'm still getting a radiator right shutter feedback and active aero error in Service Mode, despite the right and left louvers opening and closing. I've hit Supercharging rates as high as 134kW and I've had one amazing Supercharging session that went from 12%-65% in about 20 minutes...which is usually takes about 30 minutes ever since the 2019 software nerf.