Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Tried Bead Maker?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, guys. Thanks for the informative posts. I tried Turtle Wax Seal and Shine for the first time and described my experience in this post from yesterday:

Great Combo - Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax Plus Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

In my comparison of Bead Maker and TW Seal and Shine, I can tell you that Bead Maker is easier and more enjoyable to apply. The slickness that you feel underneath the towel as you wipe the Bead Maker is, I dare say, addictive. And if you plan to use it frequently, say after a weekly wash, then Bead Maker is a great choice. But as mzairboy mentioned, the TW Seal and Shine does seem to be more durable. And although the BM takes the prize for gloss and slickness, I can say from my experience yesterday that the TW is no slouch in the shine department. My wife's Honda looks noticeably more shiny and glossy after the TW application.

Perhaps a wicked combo would be to apply the TW Seal and Shine as a base sealant and then to top it with Bead Maker.

My experiment continues: 1/2 the car with beadmaker, 1/2 without.

No change this week. The car wasn't used for a week (stayed inside garage), so it got a quick detail, followed by another 1/2 coat of beadmaker. I'm right at 1/2 bottle left. I did notice the same thing as last time (surfaces which never saw beadmaker were harder to quickdetail), but I don't think I would have noticed this week if I hadn't last week. I think that might be due to the fact that last time it had been rained on once, and maybe what I was feeling was leftovers from the rain.

3 Week Update on my Hydrosilex vs Beadmaker vs Turtle Wax Seal & Shine vs Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax.

Vehicle has not been washed in 3 weeks. All panels are filthy with dust. The Hydrosilex panels are obviously less dusty. The Beadmaker and Turtle Wax Ice Spray are the second cleanest, and the Turtle Wax Seal & Shine is the dirtiest of all the panels with the most dirt accumulation.

I ran the vehicle through a touchless car wash and all panels were clean at the end. I then ran a pressure washer over the panels to test beading properties after 3 weeks. Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax is beginning to fail and is almost gone. The others are repelling water similar.

I ran my fingers over the panels and Beadmaker is still extremely slick feeling. The other panels are grippy and rougher to the touch.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
3 Week Update on my Hydrosilex vs Beadmaker vs Turtle Wax Seal & Shine vs Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax.

Vehicle has not been washed in 3 weeks. All panels are filthy with dust. The Hydrosilex panels are obviously less dusty. The Beadmaker and Turtle Wax Ice Spray are the second cleanest, and the Turtle Wax Seal & Shine is the dirtiest of all the panels with the most dirt accumulation.

I ran the vehicle through a touchless car wash and all panels were clean at the end. I then ran a pressure washer over the panels to test beading properties after 3 weeks. Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax is beginning to fail and is almost gone. The others are repelling water similar.

I ran my fingers over the panels and Beadmaker is still extremely slick feeling. The other panels are grippy and rougher to the touch.
Any pictures by any chance?

Beadmaker is great. I just got my car and used it on my first wash and it actually made me less anxious for a ceramic coating. I’m extremely impressed.

Nice to see this thread revived from 2019!

Glad you like Beadmaker. Many people do. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, personally I prefer Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray over Beadmaker. I just checked on Amazon and these products are the same price per gallon. I think TCCDS is the superior product. It has the same gloss and slickness of Beadmaker, but because it contains ceramic (which Beadmaker does not), it actually provides better overall protection and hydrophobics.

• Informative
Reactions: CheapBastid