Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried the QESH yet? It looks useful but it has css 2 and Chademo..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. Have used QESH at Cooroy, outside Toowoomba & Warwick. They use the ChargeFox app to manage the billing, though there is an introductory (6 months?) period after commissioning of a new site that charging is available without cost. I've found QESH to be in useful locations, and it's cheaper than supercharging (though you'd be getting that for free in your X so the same rules won't apply).

But, as per above I have a CCS2 vehicle

Upvote 0
Only for mid-2019 S/X onwards.

Vehicles before this date need some work done to the port.
(Or could also use a Tesla Type2 to Chademo adapter)

the chademo adapter is quite pricey and chedemo is so slow. Yes, quesh is slow too, but townsville we got a 350kw charger, proserpine may get one in 2022. Rockhampton and childers will get a supercharger. Most tesas will only need to do one stop in Carmilla or Mackay on 42kw. in the next 12-18 months hopefully.

Upvote 0
the chademo adapter is quite pricey and chedemo is so slow. Yes, quesh is slow too, but townsville we got a 350kw charger, proserpine may get one in 2022. Rockhampton and childers will get a supercharger. Most tesas will only need to do one stop in Carmilla or Mackay on 42kw. in the next 12-18 months hopefully.
I think there should be a supercharger in Rockhampton too

Upvote 0
If you have an early S/X, it's definitely worth getting the charger upgrade and adapter to CCS2 over Chademo. You can then plug into 350kW chargers (like Evie) and get supercharger (120kW) speeds.

But roll on the Tesla buildout in central Qld... I'll feel a lot more secure if I'm not relying on single stall 50kW chargers. while on a road trip..

Reactions: louco73 and cafz
Upvote 0
I think there should be a supercharger in Rockhampton too

there is one coming already. look like it will be at the woolworths shopping centre which tbh isnt a bad location (but will be annoying when rockhampton will get the bypass in the next couple of years). The real trickyness will be Rockhampton to Mackay. I am gonna assume that they will put the supercharger in mackay even though there is really one needed halfway with the derestricted zone from marlborough to carmilla. It will put the S60 and the SR+ under massive strain to get there but tbh childers to rockhampton is also 320km.

I'd personally think Sarina would be a better choice for a new supercharger. and that links in well with the mackay bypass too.

Last edited:
Reactions: cafz
Upvote 0
there is one coming already. look like it will be at the woolworths shopping centre which tbh isnt a bad location (but will be annoying when rockhampton will get the bypass in the next couple of years). The real trickyness will be Rockhampton to Mackay. I am gonna assume that they will put the supercharger in mackay even though there is really one needed halfway with the derestricted zone from marlborough to carmilla. It will put the S60 and the SR+ under massive strain to get there but tbh childers to rockhampton is also 320km.

I'd personally think Sarina would be a better choice for a new supercharger. and that links in well with the mackay bypass too.
So there is gonna be a rockhampton bypass soon?
and do you mean Stockland?

Upvote 0
So there is gonna be a rockhampton bypass soon?
and do you mean Stockland?

no, coles on the other side of the river. The market is just generically placed on the road past the bridge but realistically this looks like the only place to put the charger. Tesla doesnt hire their own locations and usually puts their chargers on shopping centre parking grounds - so thats really close to their marker.

Upvote 0