Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Autopark ever scuffed your rims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought the rim protectors previously. (cheaper Auto Barn versions)
Even though they were put on exactly as specified, they eventually fell off. Noticed the black brake dust would accumulate around them making cleaning a bit harder. After they fell off I just learned to park more carefully. ;)

Autopark definitely risks damaging your mags.

It happened to me today. I had 4 other people in the Tesla at the time showing them the features of the car. It was bit of a fail! I should have been watching the mirror and the screen. It was quite a low curb though.

Luckily I had rim protectors so the there was no actual damage to the rims. But the protectors took quite a bit of damage. I will have to replace them. Cheaper than getting the mags repaired.

So definitely recommend get rim protectors, especially if you are going to use autopark.

20160914_122235_resize.jpg 20160914_124500_resize.jpg 20160914_124452_resize.jpg

Ouch. I watch Autopark like a hawk and cancel it about one in every two attempts because I think it gets too close. I tell Marge to leave about a foot between her rims and the curb when she's parking her car, so why does Autopark try to park so damn close to the curb?