Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Inventory for Model 3's been dry? Any potential end of quarter deals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RCizzle

Feb 25, 2020
SF
I've been eyeing a few of the Tesla inventory for the past couple of weeks, and they seem pretty dry for the past week. teslastats has shown the same one car for the past few days, and nothing on EV-CPO the past few days as well.

I've been trying to get a deal on a Model 3 and I've seen people have success trying to get Inventory cars. I know the discount isn't as much as it used to be, but still trying to get some sort of deal on it. Does anyone think they would have an end of quarter deal this quarter since there isn't a tax incentive ending soon, or do you think there won't be anything since they're pushing on the Y's right now?

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
We haven’t seen any discounts since Q2 2019 other than small discounts for demo cars. There is still a big backlog of orders so I would not expect to see any discounts until the lead times catch up. Which may never happen given how strong business has been for Tesla lately.

If you don’t place your order soon you will be looking at June before they begin building cars for North America again. They only sell cars here on the last month of each quarter. Everything else is international.

We haven’t seen any discounts since Q2 2019 other than small discounts for demo cars. There is still a big backlog of orders so I would not expect to see any discounts until the lead times catch up. Which may never happen given how strong business has been for Tesla lately.

If you don’t place your order soon you will be looking at June before they begin building cars for North America again. They only sell cars here on the last month of each quarter. Everything else is international.

I agree last year was the best time for new, non demo type deals. The secrets out...

Are these normally Demos I'm guessing? There is also another one with 2200 miles for about 2500 off? If they are demos they have probably been beat on ... Which i don't know if that matters if it's still a full new warranty

It is in San Diego so I think the transportation costs would eat up any savings over the local one you found.

I don't believe transportation costs vary on New vehicles correct? that's only used one.

I don't believe transportation costs vary on New vehicles correct? that's only used one.

The $1,200 transportation fee covers the cost to get the car from the factory in Fremont to San Diego. If a buyer in Kansas wants to buy the car and asks Tesla to move the car from the San Diego delivery center to Kansas there is an additional charge, typically $2,000.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
The $1,200 transportation fee covers the cost to get the car from the factory in Fremont to San Diego. If a buyer in Kansas wants to buy the car and asks Tesla to move the car from the San Diego delivery center to Kansas there is an additional charge, typically $2,000.

They did not charge me anything to move a car from Plano, TX to Kansas City. Must be close enough that they just aren't charging me.

Are these normally Demos I'm guessing? There is also another one with 2200 miles for about 2500 off? If they are demos they have probably been beat on ... Which i don't know if that matters if it's still a full new warranty

Yes, Some are demos, you can tell by miles on it. You're right full warranty and any state rebates etc. New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

The "beat" factor isn't a big deal unless body damage (like rims mainly). If it's local I would try to test drive (you might have to fight for that or plan on refusing delivery if don't allow and it's not great shape)