Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla paused 7.0 roll out?

BertL

Aug 19, 2015
Carlsbad, CA
Another consideration when trying to draw conclusions is that not all Tesla owners are registered TMC members. Some TMC members likely don't frequent TMC as often as other hard-core enthusiasts do. Of those TMC members that have been on TMC in the past 3 days, I suspect many are focused on other V7 feedback threads and may not have even tried to update the Tracker (myself included -- sorry, I had 3 poor experiences with Google error messages attempting to update the Order Tracking Spreadsheet last month and never got any of my data input, so I gave up trying to use all Google shared spreadsheets.)

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
well AP least is being described as a beta, so maybe they are already upissuing due to findings from the rollout so far, eg the reported aspect of AP trying to leave at offramps?

aronth5

Long Time Follower
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
Another consideration when trying to draw conclusions is that not all Tesla owners are registered TMC members. Some TMC members likely don't frequent TMC as often as other hard-core enthusiasts do. Of those TMC members that have been on TMC in the past 3 days, I suspect many are focused on other V7 feedback threads and may not have even tried to update the Tracker (myself included -- sorry, I had 3 poor experiences with Google error messages attempting to update the Order Tracking Spreadsheet last month and never got any of my data input, so I gave up trying to use all Google shared spreadsheets.)

Sometimes forum members fail to realize that less than 10% of owners are active members. There are 5,632 active Members of the forum and "global cumulative sales passed 90,000 units by October 2015" according to Wikipedia.
Just something to think about when basing conclusions off of forum feedback.
Capture.PNG

Khatsalano

Mar 21, 2015
San Mateo, CA
Just go to a SC and look ... everyone is on 7.0.

I'm a fairly active member on TMC, but I also won't use the tracker because the last time I did, it asked to create a new login and that in itself was too much trouble. I got 7.0 the first early morning it rolled out.

Khatsalano

Mar 21, 2015
San Mateo, CA
So North America roll out is completed?

... are you saying that because I saw 8 cars at an SC and they all have 7.0, that everyone in NA now has 7.0? :) It sounds like the same logic as your initial post! Seriously though, I live in the SF Bay Area. That might have something to do with it.

Blurry_Eyed

MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761
Dec 29, 2011
I thought Elon said it would take about 5 days to roll out the update to the entire fleet. So it may not be until Wednesday for everyone to get it.

Tourman

Feb 3, 2015
New Hampshire
... are you saying that because I saw 8 cars at an SC and they all have 7.0, that everyone in NA now has 7.0? :) It sounds like the same logic as your initial post! Seriously though, I live in the SF Bay Area. That might have something to do with it.

Well I'm about as east coast as you can get and I got it early morning on release day. Maybe it's random?

nathanharman

May 15, 2015
Perth, Australia
Pattern of updates on ev-fw.com suggests pause of some description. In Australia few people in Queensland have it. As far as I can tell nobody in Western Australia has it yet (only about 22 of us!)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC