Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hauling big stuff that can't fit inside Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering is it possible to have hobbies that require hauling equipment in Model 3. Or should I just consider getting a Model Y / X in the future? Or Cybertruck?

Like stuff like mountain biking, kayaking, surfing, jetski. Kind of lame I can't try new hobbies or be held down because my car can't fit them easily. Plus my family never cared to have "adult toys" like ATVs, boats, motocross bikes, etc. So I have no idea how to haul this stuff but it is something I feel I wanna do eventually in my life.

Is Model 3 capable of hauling big toys? Like maybe a trailer if you truly need one? Like if you wanna bring jet ski?

My parents have no idea how to do this stuff and they always seem against owning big stuff like a jet ski. I had to figure out how to put a queen mattress on top of my car when moving out, they never knew how to do it. That's the most I've ever done when hauling things that had to go outside the car. How will I know if I can figure out how to put things on top of the Tesla or using a trailer? Is it worth the hassle to not rent or is it stupid?

I'm just wondering how those people go to Glamis with their UTV, ATVs on huge trailers. Were they born into a family that did that stuff or they just figure it out themselves?

Can the Model 3 do any of this hauling trailers or roof transport stuff? Or would it make sense to just get a Model X / Y or Cybertruck?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Just wondering is it possible to have hobbies that require hauling equipment in Model 3. Or should I just consider getting a Model Y / X in the future? Or Cybertruck?

Like stuff like mountain biking, kayaking, surfing, jetski. Kind of lame I can't try new hobbies or be held down because my car can't fit them easily. Plus my family never cared to have "adult toys" like ATVs, boats, motocross bikes, etc. So I have no idea how to haul this stuff but it is something I feel I wanna do eventually in my life.

Is Model 3 capable of hauling big toys? Like maybe a trailer if you truly need one? Like if you wanna bring jet ski?

My parents have no idea how to do this stuff and they always seem against owning big stuff like a jet ski. I had to figure out how to put a queen mattress on top of my car when moving out, they never knew how to do it. That's the most I've ever done when hauling things that had to go outside the car. How will I know if I can figure out how to put things on top of the Tesla or using a trailer? Is it worth the hassle to not rent or is it stupid?

I'm just wondering how those people go to Glamis with their UTV, ATVs on huge trailers. Were they born into a family that did that stuff or they just figure it out themselves?

Can the Model 3 do any of this hauling trailers or roof transport stuff? Or would it make sense to just get a Model X / Y or Cybertruck?

Youtube has an inordinate amount various videos that cover this kind of stuff. You're not the 1st who's given this question a thought...

Yes, get all three, the Y, the X and the Cybertruck. That way, you can carry all the stuff, mountain bikes, kayaks, surfboard and jetski without being "lame"d or "held down" by your 3. As for those other people who can haul stuff, maybe you can ask to get adopted and then you won't have to learn how to "figure it out", they'll have already done it for you. Why can't parents learn this stuff?

Here is my Model 3 with a Hobie Compass Duo. I had a Stealth hitch that I I installed . Then modified a truck bed extender. My kayak weighs about 110 pounds empty.
I can easily get it up by myself. Just lift the front end of the kayak and rest it on the cross bar that is above the hitch. Lift the rear and slide it over the rook rack.

Attachments

• 7ED0B49A-4227-44A1-A427-CCC1115AE6DC.jpeg
    7ED0B49A-4227-44A1-A427-CCC1115AE6DC.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 207
Here is my Model 3 with a Hobie Compass Duo. I had a Stealth hitch that I I installed . Then modified a truck bed extender. My kayak weighs about 110 pounds empty.
I can easily get it up by myself. Just lift the front end of the kayak and rest it on the cross bar that is above the hitch. Lift the rear and slide it over the rook rack.
Man, that is so level!