Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any P90D owners upgraded to a 100kW battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I intentionally sought out a pre-facelift car as I didn't like the duckbill look of the current Model S. On top of that, I sought out a Titanium Metallic color because it is the most appealing to me. Midnight Silver was my second choice if I couldn't locate a TM. Luckily I found exactly what I was looking for.

I would like to have the additional performance and range of the 100kW battery, but in my current car. Tesla offers this option, but I'd like to converse with someone who has performed the upgrade.

Tesla will remove performance limiting algorithm from cars in next software update

Thanks.

I intentionally sought out a pre-facelift car as I didn't like the duckbill look of the current Model S. On top of that, I sought out a Titanium Metallic color because it is the most appealing to me. Midnight Silver was my second choice if I couldn't locate a TM. Luckily I found exactly what I was looking for.

I would like to have the additional performance and range of the 100kW battery, but in my current car. Tesla offers this option, but I'd like to converse with someone who has performed the upgrade.

Tesla will remove performance limiting algorithm from cars in next software update

Thanks.
You might remember me from that article you posted above, I was monitoring my cars performance and noticed the drop in performance. I provided the information and graphs to Teslarati.

anyways we have a 10 page thread on the 100 upgrade subject here
... Any P90DL owners got their 100 kWh battery upgrade yet?

I've done the upgrade and I have my review of the performance is in the above listed thread. Basically more performance at all times as well as faster supercharging....

To save you some time... Its only being offered to cars with the new front end with air suspension. With the upgrade they required the seats be changed to match the current design that was crash tested with the heavier 100 battery. Knowing that I would also guess crash testing plays a large roll as to why its not offered to the older cars, the list of other required changes would likely grow quite a bit beyond seats with a old nose / pre refreshed car. For example the older cars have a different battery conector and wiring harness vs the refreshed cars....

Last edited:

Thanks.

I also prefer the pre-face lift and the Titanium is my second favorite color ever behind Sig Red. I missed the titanium by ONE week too early.