Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been able to get through on Tesla chat or phone support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YEA !!!! :D I got tired of trying to get thru......nothing I did was giving me the chat button.....I have tried everything that people here have suggested.....so, since my MacBook Pro is 11 yrs old, I just purchased a new one.....and wallah.....I can now see the chat button......now I can't chat with them screwballs....hehehehe

I was also able to get a direct phone line and options to actuality speak to a real humanoid.....all good now....thanks for all the help guys

I know conspiracy theories are making their rounds in this day and age but the chat button and availability is most likely due to the large number of new and current car owners requesting assistance of some kind and overwhelming the current staff. Lots of people with account questions, people asking for help transferring their car to another person, questions on Sentry, etc. They have sold a lot of cars.

If you use the browser console trick, the queue is very short (like 3 last time I tried it) and only takes a few minutes to connect. We're talking single-digit queue, probably due to them burying this chat feature.

Have you tried calling Tesla's phone number? That just directs you to make an appointment. Tesla service centers in the bay area are garbage now too because they're overwhelmed and it takes weeks to get an appointment at times. So since the "customer service" department is slammed, they're just directing them to service centers where actual work has to get done.

At this point, nobody should be giving Tesla participation awards. Each department is rolling their *sugar* onto the next until owners are sitting here trying to get a hold of somebody because everything cannot be solved by waiting 2 weeks to drive to an incompetent service center. This is Tesla's reputation now and it's spreading like wildfire even on this board.

Even if questions/concerns are stupid, why clog up the service centers with it instead of having someone on a computer answer it or on the phone? This is asinine.

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
If you use the browser console trick, the queue is very short (like 3 last time I tried it) and only takes a few minutes to connect. We're talking single-digit queue, probably due to them burying this chat feature.

Have you tried calling Tesla's phone number? That just directs you to make an appointment. Tesla service centers in the bay area are garbage now too because they're overwhelmed and it takes weeks to get an appointment at times. So since the "customer service" department is slammed, they're just directing them to service centers where actual work has to get done.

At this point, nobody should be giving Tesla participation awards. Each department is rolling their *sugar* onto the next until owners are sitting here trying to get a hold of somebody because everything cannot be solved by waiting 2 weeks to drive to an incompetent service center. This is Tesla's reputation now and it's spreading like wildfire even on this board.

Even if questions/concerns are stupid, why clog up the service centers with it instead of having someone on a computer answer it or on the phone? This is asinine.
what is the "console trick?"

Well my contact on my Account issue was not directed to a service center. The person was in Utah.

How did you get a contact? All my email correspondence has been with [email protected] but with different generic first names (no last) like "Austin D." in the signature and that was only after I had to use the javascript console hack to get in touch with anybody. All other initial emails sent by myself are ignored. Once I got a generic "We're sorry, that sucks dude" type of response with no more responses after when asked to escalate.

The service manager at my SC won't even give me his business card because that's against the policy, his words. It's almost like they don't really want to be held accountable for anything and make it difficult to for owners on purpose. I would like to see more owners ask to speak with the service manager and try to get their business contact.

Anyways, I can't wait until my lemon claim is settled. This has been the most ridiculous experience I've ever had. As a Bay Area resident, I've been rooting for them for years and dreamt of owning one day, but now it seems they don't really really don't care about owners after purchase. It's all about delivery numbers.

what is the "console trick?"

I have a thread here on how to get to the chat button to appear on the support page. It's been hidden for a couple of weeks now coincidentally after record sales of the 3, yet chat for the sales pages is easily accessible.

No more tesla chat?

To All thinking about chat ... Tesla's chat client is really, really basic. It's clear that from the hiding and lack of sophistication of the chat client, that Tesla either doesn't want this to be a main means of communication, or simply can't staff it.

If you find the "secret" hidden chat button, it still just basically tells you that you are connected to chat. It looks like it is hanging, but experience shows it isn't. It doesn't tell you the queue position, update that, or tell you your approximate wait time. So you get there, and the only way to get some bearing on it is open the javascript console on the browser to at least know where you are in line.

For example, 3rd in line for me was about a 15 minute wait. YMMV.

On the brighter side, it did work for me. The chat responses were VERY slow, but I did get my account issue resolved! Still waiting on an email to be responded to, so, so far for me, chat has been better. Good luck to all.