Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you ever kerbed your Aero wheels?

Have you ever kerbed your Aero wheels?

• No, never.

• Yes, once.

• Yes, twice.

• Yes, three times.

• Yes, four or more times!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Adopado @TM88 here’s my effort
all you can say is paint matches!

Attachments

• 99BD3936-1BC0-4807-9FC4-46661DCA4AFE.jpeg
    99BD3936-1BC0-4807-9FC4-46661DCA4AFE.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 9D5E19AC-DA10-469D-AB7A-76B7A23B6FD5.jpeg
    9D5E19AC-DA10-469D-AB7A-76B7A23B6FD5.jpeg
    838.6 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: TM88
After 9 months of successfully avoiding this - I managed to hit the kerb in a Starbucks drive through this morning - luckily I had the aero covers on so the damage is limited to a few inches of the rim that’s exposed on the front and back wheel!

Has anyone found a DIY colour match (it’s such a small area and if they weren’t black I’d probably just leave it)?

After 9 months of successfully avoiding this - I managed to hit the kerb in a Starbucks drive through this morning - luckily I had the aero covers on so the damage is limited to a few inches of the rim that’s exposed on the front and back wheel!

Has anyone found a DIY colour match (it’s such a small area and if they weren’t black I’d probably just leave it)?
My car is March 2020 and this matches perfectly see post #104

Mines a March 2020 with sonic carbon Aeros
paint from Amazon is:

TESLA SONIC CARBON NEU-106E​

TOUCH UP PAINT PEN TESLA SONIC CARBON NEU-106E ALLOY WHEEL REPAIR PAINT BRUSH CURBING (JUST PAINT)

Whilst exiting a dreadfully designed multi story car park, in a bid to not catch the offside kerb at the barrier, I caught the front near side wheel.
the architects who design these buildings should be put to death. The turn was tighter than a KFC drive thru!!!
Did my rear wheel doing exactly the same. A nigh on 90degree turn. Crawled round at 3mph and still managed to clip the back wheel. Owned my last car for 5 years and didn't kerb any wheels. I've got 3 kerbed wheels now and I've only had the car 7 months!

It's a lease too so gives me anxiety every time I get another mark on it! It's going to cost me a fortune to tart the car up before it goes back :(

Did my rear wheel doing exactly the same. A nigh on 90degree turn. Crawled round at 3mph and still managed to clip the back wheel. Owned my last car for 5 years and didn't kerb any wheels. I've got 3 kerbed wheels now and I've only had the car 7 months!

It's a lease too so gives me anxiety every time I get another mark on it! It's going to cost me a fortune to tart the car up before it goes back :(
Glad it’s not just me :confused:

Kerbed alloys is part of driving a modern car. I've had the M3 for 15 days and kerbing is a case of when, not if..

The Morgan has small scuff marks on both front tyres... 19" wheels, 225 R35 tyres. The rim is wider than the sidewall...
The AMG has all round camera protection, the front rims are as new.

Didn't the colour change slightly with the '2020' Model vehicle? Apart from VIN, possibly most easily identifiable from the USB C ports?

I think that was Q4 2019, but may be marginal on the late Q3-19 vehicles. But if you go back through this thread about that time, you will possibly see comments about change in colour slightly after.

This is all from memory. Needs to be fact checked. I may be confusing the timing of the switch with a non Aero wheel. But shading did subtly change at some point, hence some wheels needing to be re-painted because they did not match.

Last edited:
Didn't the colour change slightly with the '2020' Model vehicle? Apart from VIN, possibly most easily identifiable from the USB C ports?

I think that was Q4 2019, but may be marginal on the late Q3-19 vehicles. But if you go back through this thread about that time, you will possibly see comments about change in colour slightly after.

This is all from memory. Needs to be fact checked. I may be confusing the timing of the switch with a non Aero wheel. But shading did subtly change at some point, hence some wheels needing to be re-painted because they did not match.
My March 2020 is well prior to USB C ports