Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received FSD you paid for?

If you have paid for FSD (purchase or subscription), did you receive it?

• Yes - I got FSD with features I expected and am satisfied

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Got FSD beta and it is useful, but still not complete / everything I paid for

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • Got FSD beta and it is/was not useful

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta - my safety score should be sufficient

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta, but my safety score is not good enough

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I do not want to play with safety scores, so no FSD beta for me

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • My car does not have hardware needed for FSD beta

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • FSD beta is not available in my country/region

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other reason for not receiving FSD I purchased

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obtuse conflation poll. FSD Capability package is what you buy. FSD Beta is privilege granted by Tesla to test full self driving process and is NOT something you pay for.

L4 FSD Capability dependent on regulatory approval is what you bought

Beta forever is what you got, and a safety score game to unlock the extra juicy beta

That's completely backwards, that's an old screen shot. Cars sold between late 2016 and April 2019 had all the hardware needed for full self-driving.
FSD today is different. Here's the new wording, safety greater than a human driver is no longer promised nor is autonomous operation.

View attachment 797434
Everyone seems to forget about this. Crazy how how the goalposts have moved and no one cares.

Huh ? .... they have not changed the promise to people who bought before the change. Only to people who bought later ...

We have no confirmation that they plan on honoring their original promise.

We only have agreement that the promise changed in Mid 2019.

Group A has one goal post
Group B has a different goal post

So one can interpret that as the goal post moving for EVERYONE, or interpreting it as two distinct goal post.

It doesn't really matter right now because the game that's on is Group B's goal post. The referee is currently playing trickster where he's running around saying "No rolling stops for YOU!", and throwing out the penalty flag.

Reactions: dbldwn02
It never was up for debate. It just wasn’t clearly understood. FSD Capability is what has always been sold, not FSD. For anyone expecting FSD with the subscription or the one time purchase, it wasn’t Tesla that misinformed them. FSD beta was never communicated as what we paid for, no matter when one purchased/subscribed.
In 2018 I bought a full FSD capable car, however I did not pay for the FSD "software" upgrade. Then in Dec 2021 I wanted to subscribe to FSD, however I had to pay $1000 to make my car FSD capable before I could enable the subscription. So here I am paying to add FSD hardware to a car that was sold as having FSD capable hardware when I bought it.

As for the subscription, I pay $100 a month for FSD, have a safety score ranging between 99 and 100 since beginning of January, yet I don't have FSD. So what am I paying for? I already had all the other features, such as summon, NOA, etc., because I payed for EAP in 2018.

In summary, I paid an additional $1000 to make my FSD capable car FSD capable, and I am paying another $100 month to drive very slowly, all the time, in the hopes that I eventually get what I am paying for!!

In 2018 I bought a full FSD capable car, however I did not pay for the FSD "software" upgrade. Then in Dec 2021 I wanted to subscribe to FSD, however I had to pay $1000 to make my car FSD capable before I could enable the subscription. So here I am paying to add FSD hardware to a car that was sold as having FSD capable hardware when I bought it.

As for the subscription, I pay $100 a month for FSD, have a safety score ranging between 99 and 100 since beginning of January, yet I don't have FSD. So what am I paying for? I already had all the other features, such as summon, NOA, etc., because I payed for EAP in 2018.

In summary, I paid an additional $1000 to make my FSD capable car FSD capable, and I am paying another $100 month to drive very slowly, all the time, in the hopes that I eventually get what I am paying for!!
In summary, you didn’t Pay for FSD Beta, you applied for it.

Ask for a refund. Clearly you did not receive what you purchased and paid for. Probably Tesla says no and you need to initiate arbitration process.

No you can't. Promise of what they "will" get for the money they are paying is on the order page, when you order. Later changes in the order page don't affect you - just like later changes in price.

Factually True, but promises are no guarantee of delivery.

The best you can do is get a refund, but why would you get a refund if the second goal post was still worth more than a potential refund?

The goalpost did change, and there isn't squat we can do about it short of lawyering up. Most of us won't go through that effort, and we'll simply accept the new goal post.

Most of us knew the whole thing was a fantasy.

That's what your heart is paying $99 month for.

What you're actually paying for is Traffic light and sign response.

Are you not getting $99/month enjoyment out of the chime on green? It might or might not be your green.
Are you not enjoying the phantom braking at yellow blinking lights?
Is it not a blissful experience wondering if your car will indeed detect that upcoming stop sign?
Are you not amusing yourself by telling your car that the light ahead is green and giving it the go-ahead to go?

Elon promises the subscription price will go up when FSD Beta has its general release which means you gotta check out traffic light response now when its cheap.

As to the FSD beta you'll get that eventually, but it will still be beta. So no worries on missing out on the beta action. There will still be plenty of bugs to report about into the ether.

This does make me wonder if anyone of us have a shrink. What would he or she even say to "I'm paying $100 a month to drive very slowly all the time". Would you even admit that to the shrink? This is a safe space so we understand what compels you. You're likely not alone, and thousands of people are doing the exact same thing with the same hope.

We get the need despite the financial nuttiness.

The goalpost did change, and there isn't squat we can do about it short of lawyering up.
I still don't understand this weird logic.

Are you saying because Tesla sold "X" for "Y" dollars on 1/1/2019 - they can never ever change that order page ?

Unless they tell people who bought before the change that their sales order / contract is no longer valid, they aren't moving any goalposts.

ps : You can say they moved goalposts from investor perspective, but investors are actually happier that they changed the language.

I still don't understand this weird logic.

Are you saying because Tesla sold "X" for "Y" dollars on 1/1/2019 - they can never ever change that order page ?

Unless they tell people who bought before the change that their sales order / contract is no longer valid, they aren't moving any goalposts.

ps : You can say they moved goalposts from investor perspective, but investors are actually happier that they changed the language.

In my opinion the goal posts have not changed. What was listed on the order page pre 3/2019 is still listed as a description of FSD on Autopilot | Tesla

If you paid for FSD Capability in 2022, you are also being promised L4 capability as listed below on this page

1651596095992.png