Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received FSD you paid for?

If you have paid for FSD (purchase or subscription), did you receive it?

• Yes - I got FSD with features I expected and am satisfied

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Got FSD beta and it is useful, but still not complete / everything I paid for

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • Got FSD beta and it is/was not useful

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta - my safety score should be sufficient

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta, but my safety score is not good enough

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I do not want to play with safety scores, so no FSD beta for me

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • My car does not have hardware needed for FSD beta

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • FSD beta is not available in my country/region

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other reason for not receiving FSD I purchased

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP also does not positively contribute to your score. So if you use it all the time, and then need to intervene once, your score is really messed up, then you need to drive around for ages to fix it. However if you never use AP on city streets then you are accumulating positive results, so that if there is a case you need to brake hard, e.g. someone cutting in front of you, it likely has little impact since you gained a bunch of positive braking during the day.
Sort of. I learned how to play the SS game and got into beta during the first batch: engaged AP as much as possible, including on surface streets to avoid dings and to add to that day’s weighted average (mileage count on AP still counted, even if dings didn’t). When in “ideal” SS situations that added positively to the score, I’d switch to manual driving. There was only one day (during that 3 week SS period) that I ended up going out for a drive just to add “good” miles after a ding). Of course, everyone’s situation will be different due to driving environment, but that’s probably what Tesla was looking for as well, not necessarily “safe driving”.

• Informative
Reactions: t3sl4drvr
Try it and find out.
Nah. I’m part of the 93% that refuse to be a fool and pay 12,000

But I found my answer. Thanks!

Me too.
keep saying like it Is brother

Reactions: 2101Guy
My experience is somewhere between 1 and 2 because I have the FSD beta and it works to my satisfaction.

After I got my car with EAP, I started realizing how difficult the full "FSD" objective is. Everyone underestimated the complexity, and nobody has been able to get there yet. There's no "fraud" here, THAT's an emotional issue. So I stopped whining and started fully enjoying what I had.

At this point I know it very well. I have adapted to a new way of driving. I make very good use of it on every drive, and find it very useful. As a developer - engineer I'm OK with the limitations of all systems under development, and with the inevitably tedious rate of progress on unprecedented tasks. The last, say, 3% takes most of the effort. And the progress is there. It IS unfortunate that not all of the most disciplined and cautious drivers who want it have the FSD Beta right now.

Bottom line, I'm loving everything about the car, especially the automation. Tonight I said "navigate to the nearest Sushi restaurant". It presented a list, I tapped on one, and it drove me there. Step back a bit: it's amazing SciFi material. What's the beef?
When you show videos of what you claimed that leads the customer to believe could be true, and hype end of the year coast to coast drives which demonstrates capabilities and with Regulatory approvals, When Tesla claims FSD Level 4 capabilities and submit very little to regulators and claims only L2 capabilities, I will file those claims as a "Fraud".

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
Well, you can try (and might well get it): Start arbitration.
Well, you can try (and might well get it): Start arbitration.
First step is finding out of the arbitration is even binding in your particular state. In some states, the customer still has the option of filing a suit in small claims (depending on $ amount) or filing civil suit. And without going into too much detail? Some large companies wont even go to court as its more cost effective to simply negotiate with the plaintiff outside of court...and require a NDA as part of the settlement....

There are some tech companies that have used internal actuaries to determine upfront approx how many customers will actually take the effort to file a case compared to how many wont. The other factor used is will the cost of those settlements (and some companies WILL settle easily) outweigh the income from overall buyers of the service as well as outweigh the financial benefit of all of the data being obtained from the pool of testers...

No, phantom braking does NOT affect SS, because phantom braking (usual use of the phrase) is during AP, and dings while on AP don’t affect SS, just the miles added on AP are used in weighting the average score for that day.

When you show videos of what you claimed that leads the customer to believe could be true, and hype end of the year coast to coast drives which demonstrates capabilities and with Regulatory approvals, When Tesla claims FSD Level 4 capabilities and submit very little to regulators and claims only L2 capabilities, I will file those claims as a "Fraud".
If you notice a lot of the social media videos like on Twitter speed up the video so you can’t tell how awkward FSD is and less likely to notice mistakes.

I guess when we paid 10 grand for the FSD in 2020, we actually expected to get what we paid for. I feel that we were lied to and cheated and wonder how it is Tesla continues to misrepresent what folk will be getting.
I've owned alot of cars in my 76 years driving (or 60 years driving) and have never had to wait for a "Privilege" after paying 10 grand for something that was promised. I do not mean to argue with you, but I find it all more than a bit weird. We actually thought we were buying and paying for FSD...

I am glad you are having a wonderful experience. The "beef" comes from those us who expected to have a product to make driving safer and easier. As older folk, we don't drive enough to get the Beta--tried that and never could get beyond a score in the 90's, so we dropped out of that trial. I think money should be refunded to those of us who are not able--for whatever reason--to experience the FSD . Ten grand is alot for just a "capability".
Maybe I am not being bod enough in using the car the way you do. I appreciate you sharing.

Maybe I am not being bod enough in using the car the way you do. I appreciate you sharing.
Just trying to fully understand… So if you pay 12 grand do you get all the latest features and most current up to date “FSD” that’s available. Without having to participate in the beta?

My understanding is that if you pay the 12k now you get everything available except the city auto steer, until it’s out of beta? And by paying you don’t have to do the beta.

Just trying to fully understand… So if you pay 12 grand do you get all the latest features and most current up to date “FSD” that’s available. Without having to participate in the beta?

My understanding is that if you pay the 12k now you get everything available except the city auto steer, until it’s out of beta? And by paying you don’t have to do the beta.
So those who buy now, get a more complete FSD? I hadn't heard that.