Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you reserved your Model S or do you plan on it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine also switched to Signature #4 - since Canadians have until the 21st to decide, I'm guessing we'll see the numbers change sometime next week. Unless, of course, all of us switch ;D At least we won't get later numbers.

Well, there were already two lists. Probably R's will be placed before P's.

Edit: I thought I should explain that statement. There's already an R1 and a P1, so they can't both get S1.

The rule is that S (Signature) reservation holders get their cars first, followed by R (Roadster Friends and Family) reservation holders, followed by the general P list. So I would assume that they will assign the upgrading R's first, then the upgrading P's. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Mine also switched to Signature #4 - since Canadians have until the 21st to decide

Duh... I didn't realize the inherent contradiction, and apparently Tesla didn't either. They promised me an updated sequence number within 72 hours. They subsequently revised that to "later this week". Another reservation holder said they promised 12:00 noon on March 16.

But none of that makes sense if they intend to distribute numbers based on the original priority! The announcement said people have until the 21st to decide. They must wait until after the 21st to distribute the numbers.

...There's already an R1 and a P1, so they can't both get S1.

I wonder if there are multiple S#'s right now until we get our official numbers (ie two people that have the same S# on their "My Tesla" page)... anyone know how many Canadian R's there are?

Even if our S# drops down the list, I meant to say at least we for sure GET our cars sooner than if we didn't switch (even if I get "bumped" to S20 from this tentative S4) - although it sure would be nice if all the R holders are too cheap to upgrade. :)

One thing I don't understand: why is Tesla referring to a "North American Signature Series" (as per the recent gigaom.com article on production), rather than a USA & Cdn SS, since it appears as though these are completely separate lists and will be made at different times. If the Tesla rep I spoke to is right, there will be a 3 month gap between the first US "S's" and the first Canadian "S's". Unless they really ramp up slowly or completely fill up American SS orders, to me that looks like at least some American P's will be made before Canadian SS. I realize marketing is always a good reason for anything a company does; or do you think the 3 month gap may simply mean Canadian SS's are tacked on at the end of US SS's?

And I realize that most of this is almost completely unimportant, but it gives us something to talk about, right?

I got R10 in December, so Canadian R's are in the teens. As of March 9 the P numbers were reportedly at 143.

I expect a lot of the R's will switch to S's. There's a possibility that an R number might go down, but obviously not by much!

If you're very low on the P list, your number will probably go up. But if you're way up on the list, it will probably go down. Either way you're going to get your car at least as early as before, and possibly much sooner.

I believe the extra three months is the time required to get the car certified for sale in Canada. If they're late it'll probably be the fault of Canadian bureaucrats. :rolleyes:

By the way, do we have some recent numbers for europe ? Mine is P355, but it was back in december 2010.
I don't expect to have it before 2013 though, as I have quite a late reservation, plus they will surely have to make some modifications for europe market.

I'm S#3385 Damn you guys with low numbers!

Welcome #goaliemanshark. You should still receive it sometime in 2012 or early 2013. Tesla's objective is to produce 5000 in 2012 and 20000 thereafter. Based on recent TM blog postings, you are getting close to that 5000 limit. We do not know if following the first 5000 they will stop production for minor re-tooling and tweaking.

Hey everyone,

Newbie here. Just placed my reservations this evening for a base S model. I am in California and had a question regarding the 5K state rebate that CA offers to EV purchasers. It seems some folks here are factoring this rebate into their planned purchase price...but, isn't that program pretty small (like under $10 mil) and all those funds will likely be more than used up by purchasers of the Leaf etc.? If not, please let me know what I'm missing, because I still have to convince my Wife this is a good buy (the $7.5K federal monies will help, but the $5K would really make it a passable price to the wifey.)

Thanks

It is a crap shoot. They have been refunding the program but you could fall inbetween the time of each program. You will be competing with LEAF, Tesla, and Natural Gas car buyers (not Volt) for the monies. You might remind your CFO about the money saved in auto repairs and gasoline.

It is a crap shoot. They have been refunding the program but you could fall inbetween the time of each program. You will be competing with LEAF, Tesla, and Natural Gas car buyers (not Volt) for the monies. You might remind your CFO about the money saved in auto repairs and gasoline.

Thanks. Hopefully they keep the funds flowing.

Hey everyone,

Newbie here. Just placed my reservations this evening for a base S model. I am in California and had a question regarding the 5K state rebate that CA offers to EV purchasers. It seems some folks here are factoring this rebate into their planned purchase price...but, isn't that program pretty small (like under $10 mil) and all those funds will likely be more than used up by purchasers of the Leaf etc.? If not, please let me know what I'm missing, because I still have to convince my Wife this is a good buy (the $7.5K federal monies will help, but the $5K would really make it a passable price to the wifey.)

Thanks

I am holding out hope that being a CALIFORNIA manufacturer creating NEW jobs (and new taxpayers), the state will extend the program or offer some other enticement to assure Tesla's success and by extension help the state.

Hey everyone,

Thanks
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't count on it. That being said, if the problems in Japan cause significant Leaf delivery delays there may still be some money left. But consider it a bonus, don't rely on it for your purchase decision.

I got R10 in December, so Canadian R's are in the teens. As of March 9 the P numbers were reportedly at 143.

I expect a lot of the R's will switch to S's. There's a possibility that an R number might go down, but obviously not by much!

If you're very low on the P list, your number will probably go up. But if you're way up on the list, it will probably go down. Either way you're going to get your car at least as early as before, and possibly much sooner.

I believe the extra three months is the time required to get the car certified for sale in Canada. If they're late it'll probably be the fault of Canadian bureaucrats. :rolleyes:

Looks like they have resequenced the signature series numbers for Canada now. When logging in my number dropped from P31 to SS22 so it looks like a lot of early reservation holders upgraded. Interested to know what percentage ended upgrading given the offer.