Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I have consistently been getting 260wh/mi. economy on my Tesla since installing 2.2.92, where I consistently used 280wh/mi. before on my very routine drive to work. I'm documenting the energy efficiency for 500 miles before installing .115. I've been wondering if cooler temperatures have influenced my air conditioning use that much, but I don't think so because this is my second winter with the Model S. Maybe a lack of strong trade winds is another contributing factor. Anyone else notice a change to your energy efficiency lately?

There's a useful feature in 6.1 that helps with door handles. With 6.1 now we can simply press the chrome button at the end of the gear shift and it presents the door handles.

Prior to 6.1, to present the handles for a passenger walking up to the car, you had to either put the car in gear and back into park, or press Controls > Unlock.

For instance, you have been in the car, placed it into park and are waiting on your passenger. But before they get to the car, the handles close again. The car isn't locked but the handles have returned to their flush position. Your passenger stands there not aware they should touch the handles to trigger the presentation. Your choices before 6.1 was put it in gear then park, or Controls > Unlock.

Now, just press the chrome tip on the present the door handles.
I can't take credit for finding this. I learned of it in Nick Howe's News from the Frunk on Youtube.

According to the live blog from transportevolved.com today, Elon states that 6.2 is in beta and expects it to begin rolling out in 10 days
So based on this info, maybe some of us will be getting our OTA by end of March this year.

One under-emphasized feature in 6.2 that has been requested for almost two years is Valet Mode.
Valet Mode limits Model S’s driving performance and restricts access to certain settings.
Owners can place a limit on speed, lock the glove box and frunk, and disable personal information like driver profiles and homelink settings.

According to the live blog from transportevolved.com today, Elon states that 6.2 is in beta and expects it to begin rolling out in 10 days
So based on this info, maybe some of us will be getting our OTA by end of March this year.

One under-emphasized feature in 6.2 that has been requested for almost two years is Valet Mode.
Valet Mode limits Model S’s driving performance and restricts access to certain settings.
Owners can place a limit on speed, lock the glove box and frunk, and disable personal information like driver profiles and homelink settings.

Yay for valet mode! Not that I would use it much...
I know he said that autopilot would only be enabled on highways, so I wonder if Kalanianaole qualifies. If it does, it would make my commute home SO much easier and would be worthy of an upgrade for me. Very exciting times!

I got upgrade to 6.2 last night. Even without the Autopilot or Supercharger enabled, it does still navigate you to charging stations you have used in the past.

I do like the Valet mode. I don't have memory seats but an icon shows up on the top of the screen when you are parked. It is grayed out when you are driving. You have to enter a four digit passcode to turn it on and off. It locks the glove compartment and frunk. It disables Homelink and Home and Office navigation on your navigation.

I got upgrade to 6.2 last night. Even without the Autopilot or Supercharger enabled, it does still navigate you to charging stations you have used in the past.

I do like the Valet mode. I don't have memory seats but an icon shows up on the top of the screen when you are parked. It is grayed out when you are driving. You have to enter a four digit passcode to turn it on and off. It locks the glove compartment and frunk. It disables Homelink and Home and Office navigation on your navigation.

Yep, me too. 6.2 (2.4.136) Just like drtko says so well.

Valet mode is cool. Put the car in park and select driver profiles. To enable punch in a 4 digits PIN. When done, bring up profiles and enter the PIN and press Disable.

After the first time, it remembers the last PIN used so all you have to do is enable Valet (in Park). It engages slowly. Then you put it in Park, bring up profiles and enter the PIN in what looks like a greyed out numbers. The press Disable to turn it off. Easy.

Firmware alert on my smart phone. Check your car.
Took about 22 minutes. Maintenance update to 6.2(2.4.188)
I don't see anything jump out as different. But:
The 007 car appears and disappears easier, simply when you enter 007.
And Valet mode will accept TM userid and password to clear Valet mode.
And my RED is more RED than it was before the update. :rolleyes:

Last edited: