Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firmware alert on my smart phone. Check your car.
Took about 22 minutes. Maintenance update to 6.2(2.4.188)
I don't see anything jump out as different. But:
The 007 car appears and disappears easier, simply when you enter 007.
And Valet mode will accept TM userid and password to clear Valet mode.
And my RED is more RED than it was before the update. :rolleyes:
did my update this morning. looks like my radio mute issue is resolved (so far)

Got a new update today. Its minor. 6.2 (2.4.239). Perfect. Adds Superchargers and destination chargers to the Nav maps. Whew, how did we get along without this before? I mean, its so nice to see all those Superchargers listed now for Oahu. I spent the afternoon just running back and forth between the two closest trying to catch and empty stall.

BTW, anyone else notice the new iOS app called ConnecTT? Its still under development. The Controls to the MS will come out with version 1.6 according to the developer. But besides that, its going to have some different features we've not seen before.

Mine has 6.2(2.4.245) :smile: There's lots of new stuff from the last time I had a software update... Autopilot - TACC, lane departure warning, collision avoidance, blind spot alerts AND folding power mirrors!!! :tongue: Oh yeah, and my range has increased by about 100 miles!

Mine has 6.2(2.4.245) :smile: There's lots of new stuff from the last time I had a software update... Autopilot - TACC, lane departure warning, collision avoidance, blind spot alerts AND folding power mirrors!!! :tongue: Oh yeah, and my range has increased by about 100 miles!

Okay, I am hereby invoking a little virtual arm twisting. As the first active club member on Oahu to get a 70D, we expect (politely demand - like that's really necessary) a detailed report on the 70D from your perspective.

And when are we gonna do another island-road-trip?

BTW, anyone else notice the new iOS app called ConnecTT? Its still under development. The Controls to the MS will come out with version 1.6 according to the developer. But besides that, its going to have some different features we've not seen before.

Haven't heard of this, but sounds interesting. I looked at it a little and as it stands, the app supposedly mimics the Tesla car app in some features such as unlock, lock, horn, etc. Interestingly, it has an integration with Apple Watch so you can perform these functions using the watch screen--nice.

got my update yesterday morning. I filled the car with the work crew to go to a luncheon. even before I read the release notes, the "intern" in the back asked where the nearest charger was. from memory I told him it was the one at the stadium but I never use that one (it is opConnect ie pay charger) and also mentioned that there was one at H power. then on my google map I noticed some new symbols.... local charging locations.
We were on our way to Sam Choy's and I decided to show off the navigation system. "navigate to Sam Choy's" it listed the old location that had shut down a long time ago... darn. Ok. what was the old name before it was Sam Choy's? mmmmm "Navigate to Hickam Beach". it came up with about a dozen locations. before I hit the button for the one 1.7 miles away I considered hitting the last one on the list. 7400 miles away in GA.:scared:

got my update yesterday morning. I filled the car with the work crew to go to a luncheon. even before I read the release notes, the "intern" in the back asked where the nearest charger was. from memory I told him it was the one at the stadium but I never use that one (it is opConnect ie pay charger) and also mentioned that there was one at H power. then on my google map I noticed some new symbols.... local charging locations.
We were on our way to Sam Choy's and I decided to show off the navigation system. "navigate to Sam Choy's" it listed the old location that had shut down a long time ago... darn. Ok. what was the old name before it was Sam Choy's? mmmmm "Navigate to Hickam Beach". it came up with about a dozen locations. before I hit the button for the one 1.7 miles away I considered hitting the last one on the list. 7400 miles away in GA.:scared:

dsmith, isn't that Sam Choy's still called The Seabreeze on Hickham Beach?

dsmith, isn't that Sam Choy's still called The Seabreeze on Hickham Beach?

it was, but as an "old" timer you can still call it Sea Breeze.:wink: Next time I will hit one of the other Hickam destinations and see if it will provide a route.
After the flawed directions the "intern" insisted on back seat driving the rest of the way to the restaurant I have been going to for the last 20 years. "you need to get into the left lane just ahead", "now take the next right"... he may have just lost his Tesla Passenger rights, even after he insisted on paying for gas.

Me too. I keep getting updates that don't have anything that noticeable to me.

These are maintenance fixes. Its like those groups of monthly Microsoft patches that fix Internet Explorer. These small incremental updates are just fixing something that was already fixed then broke in a previous minor update. But we don't know they are minor until they are installed. And you don't to believe your update is another minor one.

I just got an update yesterday. I am wondering if it was the update referred to in this article from the hackathon in Las Vegas or if I will be getting another update.
Hackers take control of a Tesla Model S and turn it off at low speed
of course the title is sensationalized. once you read the article you will note that...
  • they had to plug into the Ethernet port, once they did this they could hack the Linux based CPUs.
  • they were able to apply the Emergency brake only at low speed, (or did they just cause a reboot) in any case, Tesla safety protocols allowed for a controlled stop.
  • Updates will be pushed by Thursday (today)
I hope there are more details later.