Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 370762 Yep, Oahu is just crawling with Model 3s sporting white paper license plates. When I see a new one I think, "Hmm, did Akikiki or did I wash that one?" Anyway, I pulled into the Kailua Whole Foods lot today and lo and behold the chargers are Tesla'd out with the most popular EV of all time. Way cool.
I'm tired of seeing Leafs hogging up those Whole foods stations!

Last Wednesday while waiting for a class to start at our church, we spotted 3 M3s in our parking lot! I was able to capture 2 of the 3 in this photo, with the white one being mine. All new deliveries with paper plates.
There's a first time for EVerything now days!

Attachments

• IMG_20190123_173312.jpg
    IMG_20190123_173312.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: nanimac
How long have people in Hawaii waited to receive their Title to M3 and their new plates?
I paid in full at pickup on 12/29/18, still waiting.

I picked up mine the same day and haven't received my plates.

About a week ago I got a text message from a Tesla employee in California asking for a copy of my safety inspection so they could register the car. Kinda weird that Tesla wouldn't have a copy of that since they were the ones who did the inspection.

Reactions: HAWX 12
I waited between 4-6 weeks on all of my vehicles. Sign up for MyFedex and use your registration address. At least then you'll get a notification from Fedex when it ships to you (you won't hear anything from Tesla). It arrives in a tightly packed Fedex letter envelope.

Reactions: HAWX 12
I got my 3 back from service yesterday. It has been at the SC since February 1st due to failed front drive unit, which also resulted in a failing 12V battery. My 3 was a July 2018 build, and leading up to the service visit, I was having weird "Car needs service" messages that would flash up for a second on occasion whenever I would get in and start the car. I always ignored them since there was no pattern or regularity to them. At least until 2/1, when my 3 would not start. I'm not sure if my problem is a sign of something bigger with the front drive units on 3Ds, but if you have a build date near mine, just keep an eye out for it. Although Elon says you can drive with a failed front drive unit, I guess that only applies if the car is already moving. You can't drive the car if the front unit fails or doesn't startup.

Moral of the story - if you see those random messages pop up (even if just for a second) make note of the date/time and contact the SC so they can check the logs.

On the positive side, I was the first one to drive one of the brand new Enterprise S 75D loaners, and I was able to get the curb rash on my 3's wheels fixed while it was at the SC. It was nice to be back driving the S again; I forgot how it different it is compared to the 3 and the X.

Reactions: nanimac
Got my plates and title yesterday from FedEx. 12/29/18 vehicle pickup. I think that's totally acceptable timing! So far, so good for me and Tesla's Service!
Also got my license plates from Fed Ex on 2/14...Almost had a disaster because original registration address was my old address (moved mid-December) but Fed Ex called and was able to deliver to a Walgreens for me to pickup near me. I picked up on 12/30/18.

Anyone have any trouble with intermittently working Virtual Phone cards and occasional rear view camera blackouts? My phone key was totally working fine for the last month and a half until the last 2 days (turning bluetooth off and on or closing the app didn't help). Same thing happened once with the rear view camera and a blackout...Just one time. Now both work again! Wonder if it's just temporary glitches?