Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery advisor was able to find me a vehicle matching my order that was on the ship that arrived this weekend. Apparently the person who ordered it didn't know that a cheaper version would eventually be made and decided to wait for the cheaper version. They asked if I was ok with switching VINs since my car was still in San Diego. My new VIN is in my account with a scheduled delivery on Thursday :).

Seems strange that the new VIN is a higher number than my original VIN yet this car made the earlier shipment. I would doubt that this person was a reservation holder or prior owner if they didn't know that Tesla was eventually going to produce a cheaper Model 3 so it seems like what cars get put onto the ship is somewhat random.

BTW, I was told that there were over 100 vehicles in this shipment and other shipments will be around the same so it's going to be busy at the SC the next couple of weeks.

• Love
Reactions: nanimac and Akikiki
Sheesh, the delivery experience is very interesting. Was first told that appointments were difficult to get but was happy to receive a 6:30pm appointment added as a courtesy on 12/18. Then I receive an email saying congratulations the delivery will happen at my house. I can’t do that as my carport is full of boxes from our move and the lighting is not the best. When I called to reschedule the customer service gal said there were appointments avaiable all day long on 12/19 so pick your time. Hmmmmm!! Still waiting for my email verification. My salesperson did verify that my car is here with 5.4 miles and 64% charge.

I'm trying to imagine the logistics of the Tesla employees needing to charge and prepare hundreds of vehicles asap off the ship as they've been sitting in the port in SD for who knows how long. Will not be a low-key holiday season for them!

Took delivery on my Model 3 today. Must say the delivery experience leave a lot to be desired. We were taken about 90 minutes after our scheduled delivery time. Car was in the delivery bay when we got there and was moved out and back in twice before we were called to sign the paperwork. Then we waited another 10 minutes for them to move the car back into the delivery bay. I did not see any major issues with the paint although I have yet to see the car in full sunlight. Can't say the exterior was totally clean as dust had accumulated on the glass roof but that may have been due to the moving in and out of the delivery bay. To top it off, they never provided me with a temporary registration, so I had to drive back to get it. Not sure but the crowd seemed to thin out later in the day..... maybe a 6:30 delivery might have been better.

For me, the main thing was that I got delivery before the end of year.

Reactions: nanimac and Akikiki
You're probably right. I actually enjoyed the drive back to get the temporary registration.....
This is both the most realistic and funniest thing that I ever heard about a Tesla. I saved it for occasions like this.
From the Tesla Model S Forum:

Velo1 | 12. April 2013
My wife also commented that I am most eager to run errands for her. Just last week she said we need bread and milk for tomorrow. I volunteered to go to the store. I returned with the milk, and then went back to buy the bread. what fun!

Reactions: Polly Wog
B652F397-AAE5-4DF3-84E8-5EE3B3F50E95.jpeg
Our Christmas gift, Blaze, arrived 12/21. Thanks, Santa.